PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds poised for self destruction???

igor0190
12-06-2010, 11:32 AM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/12/five_things_we_learned_from_the_ravens_1310_loss_t o_the_stee_1.html

I really enjoyed reading this article and how frustrated/deflated, and critical Mason and Suggs were. Also, acknowledgement that Big Ben owns the Ratbirds and Flacco does in faxt "squat when he pees" always makes me :grin1:. Here's to hoping the ratbirds self destruct starting in Houston this monday! :tt02:

You have to believe Cameron is now coaching for his job the rest of the season. The players appear to be losing faith in him. I think Mason's putting this on Cameron without coming right out and saying it. And Suggs is saying pretty much the same thing.

"We let one of the best safeties in the National Football League run scot-free and [hit the quarterback]," Suggs said. "You've got to question what were we thinking there. What were we doing? ... I'm not the offensive coordinator. So I don't know.

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 11:41 AM
<QUOTE>"We let one of the best safeties in the National Football League run scot-free and [hit the quarterback]," Suggs said. "You've got to question what were we thinking there. What were we doing? ... I'm not the offensive coordinator. So I don't know.

LOL

igor0190
12-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Is it possible the Ratbirds hate their offensive coordinator more than we do?

Hmmm... :thinking:

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Even ex-ratbird Trent Dilfer was sad they called a pass play there. He said 100 times out of 100 times you run, run & run again in that situation. I don't really agree with that but I loved seeing the disappointed in his face.

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM

Highly doubtful! lol

HUNT4SEVEN
12-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Ray Lewis and Ed Reed practically sprinted out of the locker room without taking questions PRICELESS:clap::clap: but we're just not a good offense at times. ... We look like the Bad News Bears at times." ALLWAYS:lol:

Mason looked more frustrated than I've ever seen him look during his Ravens career as he answered questions from a handful of reporters in front of his locker. I was one of only a handful of people who wasn't on a brutal deadline, so I decided to wait him out while he slowly got dressed and tried to figure out what to say. It was more than an hour after the game, and Mason was still so disappointed with what had just happened he said it made him almost wish he'd retired CLASSIC:tt02:

The best way to describe the look on Suggs' face would be heartbroken. Even though he had just played one of the best games of his career, he was clearly mad at himself for not pulling Ben Roethlisberger down in the fourth quarter when Roethlisberger squirmed away and flicked the ball out of bounds. But he kept coming back to a play he wasn't involved in at all -- the sack and fumble by Pittsburgh safety Troy Polamalu.

"We let one of the best safeties in the National Football League run scot-free and [hit the quarterback]," Suggs said. "You've got to question what were we thinking there. What were we doing? ... I'm not the offensive coordinator.:tt02:

3. You can hate him as much as you want, but you have to acknowledge that Ben Roethlisberger is a heck of a football player. And he owns the Ravens until proven otherwise. Sorry, but it's a fact:plus1:

But as a football player? I continue to marvel at the plays he makes. The guy is a winner. To escape from Suggs the way he did and then fling the ball out of bounds to avoid a crucial sack was incredible. To get essentially punched in the face in the first quarter, have your nose smashed like it was a fortune cookie, and not have it phase you? That's pretty tough. For the Ravens, it's almost like Roethlisberger is a villain in a horror movie. Every time they think they've killed him off, he comes back and makes another huge throw. The play where he avoided Haruki Nakamura on the blitz, then rolled out and found Emanuel Sanders open inside the 2-yard line was, I thought, the play of the game:clap: I agree:lol: great read:clap::clap: Thanks for posting Igor

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 12:18 PM
"When you see Polamalu at the line, in the four-minute offense, he's coming," Suggs said. "It was like 'Man, I hope we've got a plan,' because it didn't feel good when I saw that hair at the line of scrimmage."

hahahaha

steelers4life66
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
For the Ravens, it's almost like Roethlisberger is a villain in a horror movie. Every time they think they've killed him off, he comes back and makes another huge throw.

:rofl: :reddevil:

SteelCityKid5
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
No, they arent going to implode. They have a damn good football team. Theyll be on our coat tails the rest of the way.

Blazedby92
12-06-2010, 02:31 PM
Suggs just wishes he wore black and gold, NO THANKS!!!

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 02:34 PM
It could be the start of their demolition. They looked like the Steelers there, not able to finish the game. They had poor play calling in the end, and let the Steelers drive down the field just enough to let the Steelers get the win. IMO the Steelers and the Ravens are a mirror image of each other..the Steelers just have the advantage at QB.

mariners100
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Baltimore is a scary good team. Boldin, TJ, Mason.... They will be there til the end again and let's hope that we don't need to see them again.... (We can win again, but I hate to see the Blood Bath if we play again)

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Suggs just wishes he wore black and gold, NO THANKS!!!

Suggs is an f'n beast..B&G would look nice on him!! Could you imagine!!!

SteelDad
12-06-2010, 02:39 PM

Impossible. Utterly impossible.:rant2:

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Baltimore is a scary good team. Boldin, TJ, Mason.... They will be there til the end again and let's hope that we don't need to see them again.... (We can win again, but I hate to see the Blood Bath if we play again)

In 2008 we kept saying I hope we don't need to see them again..I hope we don't need to see them again. And what do you know? We saw them again. And we won. Never overestimate your opponent.

igor0190
12-06-2010, 02:47 PM

The Steelers, Big Ben have got to be in the Ravens heads now.... Especially Joe Choko.
Not saying they aren't a good team, but with there clearly being some serious negativeity in the Rats locker room after the game... It could create some issues for them. Can't blame me for loving to see the turmoil among Ratbird players and them questioning the coaching (offensive coordinator). :grin1:

I honestly don't think, if the Steelers would have lost that game that any of their players would have reacted like that.

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Don't think the Ravens are imploding, they just lost to the Steelers again.

but I think until guys like Ray Lewis and Derrick Mason see Flacco beat Big Ben, they will never trust him. Looks like they may never see it happen

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 03:02 PM
If Houston beats them this week, then I'd say yes there is a good chance!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Who cares what happens with the Ravens. The bottom line is they had their chance last night at home to secure this division once and for all with a beat up Big Ben and the Steelers having a ton of injuries and once again they failed to get the job done. I made a thread back in October after the Ravens had won here and everybody was saying Flacco was now an "elite" QB after that drive he had to win the game and I said while it was a big step for Flacco let's see if he can do it again when the Steelers play the Ravens in Baltimore when there is more on the line in the next game and more at stake. And much like I thought would happen Flacco didnot make the neccessary plays at the end of the game to get the Ravens over the hump. The Ravens fans did a good job of trying to brush off that the Steelers didnt have Big Ben in the first game and that it didnt matter when it clearly did as you saw by last night. The play Ben made on the run to Sanders on 3rd and 10 to end the 3rd quarter that should have set up a TD but made the Steelers kick the FG doesnt happen if Batch or Leftwich are in, and the play where Suggs had Ben wrapped up for the sack two plays before the Redman TD which would have been about a 5-10 yard loss doesnt happen either if Ben isnt playing. Those are the kind of plays that Ben makes and the kind of plays a championship QB makes to get his team over the top to win games...Ben makes them Flacco doesnt...