PDA

View Full Version : Woodley (Ravens game)

Zachintosh66
12-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Every week I try to watch someone in particular, this week it was Woodley:

He actually didnt do that bad, had a few pressures. Harrison had the better Tackle most of the night. So woulda like to of seen Lamarr get some more "stats" despite is 2 tackles he did hurry up Flacco a few times. Seems like Woodley does his bull rush technique too often (although he is good at it). They lined him upon the LOS almost as a standing DE several times, where he played the run mostly. When they would play him at the standing DE usually Timmons and or Farrior were blitzing. A couple times they lined Woodley and Harrison up on the same side (i assume to try to get one of them to come off free). When they did this once Timmons rushed the other edge and the other was a Zone drop w/ a DE.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Didn't do that bad? He's awesome. I still love him.

SteelDad
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Woodley was a huge factor last night. I think he knew deep down he needed to step it up and he did. That's the LaMarr Woodley we have come to know and love.

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 11:00 AM
The Ravens were allowing Woodley to try and beat them while putting two hats on Harrison.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Wood was heads up last night and was making some plays so credit is definitely due. He had several pressures on Flacco last night that caused passes to be hurried. He made the fumble recovery off Polamalu's sack.

His main move is that bull rush, and he is very good at it. He also has a real quick first step that allows him to get the edge on the Tackle and then use his speed to turn the corner before the blocker can compensate. Both he and HArrison made plays last night and were key to the success especially in the 2nd half.

Rampage
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
He definitely had a good game last night. After some quiet weeks, he was a disruptive force and came up big after Polamalu went all Bruce Lee on Flacco's arm.

JensK
12-06-2010, 11:58 AM
The Ravens were allowing Woodley to try and beat them while putting two hats on Harrison.

You beat me to it. Woodley was lined up against their TE quite a few times. He was bound to destroy him. With that being said, he played well against the tackle and the guard as well.

K Train
12-06-2010, 12:45 PM
he also steam rolled the guard and tackle all night...he was unblockable

HUNT4SEVEN
12-06-2010, 01:20 PM
he also steam rolled the guard and tackle all night...he was unblockable

And the TE that they tried to put on him:lol:

SteelDad
12-06-2010, 03:35 PM

No question, but LW still had to come through and he did.

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Lets not forget he was held every other play...I think it was 83 draped all over him all night!!