PDA

View Full Version : Heard this multiple times lastnight... Drama Queen

steelchamp204
12-06-2010, 09:16 AM
On espn and the game, that Ben was a "Drama Queen". This kinda pissed me off with all the bs this man has been through on and off the field. Ben has been sacked probably more in the past 3 years than brady or manning has in the ENTIRE career combined. He doesnt whine, he doesnt look back at the refs and ask for a flag when his nose is broken or people take late hits on him. He gets up and does his job. He doesnt cry to the media about pitt being flagged so damn much or why they are being targeted. He just goes out there,sucks it up and deals with it. He never blames other guys on the team, only himself. I dont see how Ben is a drama queen as they say. Could you imagine putting manning on our team right now or any other elite qb and try to do what Ben does with the oline we have (which is depleted). But to call Ben a dram queen is just a bunch of Bs.

franchise3
12-06-2010, 09:28 AM
On espn and the game, that Ben was a "Drama Queen". This kinda pissed me off with all the bs this man has been through on and off the field. Ben has been sacked probably more in the past 3 years than brady or manning has in the ENTIRE career combined. He doesnt whine, he doesnt look back at the refs and ask for a flag when his nose is broken or people take late hits on him. He gets up and does his job. He doesnt cry to the media about pitt being flagged so damn much or why they are being targeted. He just goes out there,sucks it up and deals with it. He never blames other guys on the team, only himself. I dont see how Ben is a drama queen as they say. Could you imagine putting manning on our team right now or any other elite qb and try to do what Ben does with the oline we have (which is depleted). But to call Ben a dram queen is just a bunch of Bs.

We just have to deal with the fact that he is one of the most hated athletes in the world. Ngata punched twice in the head on that play, there were late hits on him and when he fought off Suggs - there was a face mask. Comment on ESPN first take after Seymour punched him in the face "Every woman in the USA cheered on" says it all. It's unfortunate, it enrages me to the core...

steelchamp204
12-06-2010, 09:32 AM
I dont think 75% of qbs in the league would have lasted seasons on where Ben was sack over 40 times. But Drama Queen, thats overated, I like to see wtf first take says today about Ben having a comeback win with a broken foot and a broken nose. Ben is the dude, we are lucky to have him, hopefully we can get a solid ol next year and Ben wont have to retire 5 years early.

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 09:40 AM
haha..it's true he is a drama queen.

Big T
12-06-2010, 10:22 AM
He definitely has his "drama queen" moments...but there is no doubt that he's a tough dude.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
You know what, so what..I mean honestly there is nobody in the NFL and no fan with any common sense that would question Ben's toughness. Bad foot, busted nose, running for his life every week. He is the definition of toughness in NFL Qb's. No other guy could play that position on this team and thrive the way that he has.

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
He would definitely make Maddens team if he was still doing it.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I just commented on another thread where someone said that, and I'll say it again. Anyone that says that Ben is a drama queen has no concept of who Ben Roethlisberger is. He only whines when it's necessary, and if that's grounds to be called a drama queen, then everyone in the NFL is a drama queen. I mean, come on. The man played with 2 broken bones yesterday. What's it going to take for him to get some respect?

SteelDad
12-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I could care less if he is a 'Drama Queen' because he's OUR Drama Queen!

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
You know what, so what..I mean honestly there is nobody in the NFL and no fan with any common sense that would question Ben's toughness. Bad foot, busted nose, running for his life every week. He is the definition of toughness in NFL Qb's.

Everyone recognizes that for sure, even Ravens fans. Some fans are so defensive that they really take things out of context. Calling him a drama queen doesn't mean that people don't see him for what he does on the field. Look at all the people on here that said bs things about Brady when all he does is win and will one day be in the HOF and go down as one of the best QB's of all time.

DECEMBER 6, 2010

One tough drama queen
A lot of us make fun of Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger because he likes being a drama queen about injuries, and all the attention that goes with them. But he is one, big strong quarterback, and he just makes plays, especially in crunch time. The play where he doesn't go down with outside linebacker Terrell Suggs all over him in the fourth period was exceptional. Even with a broken nose and a sprained (broken?) foot, Roethlisberger still completed 22 of 38 passes for 253 yards and one touchdown. He is an incredible, but rare, talent.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/12/one_tough_drama_queen.html

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Ben is a stud QB that is an Offensive Coordinators dream (and sometimes a nightmare-but rarely) he can mask massive Oline problems. I cannot remember the last time he got up from being sacked asking for a flag. This seems to happen every series for the Pats and Colts signal callers.

I just googled football drama queen and found this which I think is a bit more accurate :

Clinton Portis, the drama queen 0 time SB champion http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Clinton%20Portis.jpg

nuclearchihuahuas
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
Ben has been a drama queen in the past. It seems in the last two years the Steelers have done their utmost to down play the severity of his injuries so he can't get the drama out of it with the press. By way of example, they immediately came out and angrily said his foot wasn't broken when the subject came up in the press. Last night, even though his nose was sideways on his face and everyone knew it was obviously broken, the Steelers came out and said it was just a bloody nose. I think the team has gotten control of his dramatic needs. In his on the field interview last night he said it was broken but down played any heroics and gave the team credit for a total team victory...as a true leader would have done. Yes, Ben loves his heroics and dramatics, but he is growing up and maturing into the leader we all hoped he would be. :tt02:

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
That's just something people who hate the Steelers say. There's all kinds of drama queen's in the NFL, Ben is just heard about more because he wins more.

Clinton Portis is jokes though I don't mind him lol, but guys like Favre, Vince Young, Moss and Marshall are how people even put the word drama queen into perception.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-06-2010, 12:16 PM
ben plays his own drum. and last night he played it so fn hard the gd thing broke. now stfk up doubters. go steelers.

Rampage
12-06-2010, 12:17 PM
If people question his toughness, I question their eyes. This guy has played through some significant injuries and come up big for the team.

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 12:21 PM
Ben has been a drama queen in the past. It seems in the last two years the Steelers have done their utmost to down play the severity of his injuries so he can't get the drama out of it with the press. By way of example, they immediately came out and angrily said his foot wasn't broken when the subject came up in the press. Last night, even though his nose was sideways on his face and everyone knew it was obviously broken, the Steelers came out and said it was just a bloody nose. I think the team has gotten control of his dramatic needs. In his on the field interview last night he said it was broken but down played any heroics and gave the team credit for a total team victory...as a true leader would have done. Yes, Ben loves his heroics and dramatics, but he is growing up and maturing into the leader we all hoped he would be. :tt02:

Great post! You're spot on! :yellowthumb:

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Ben is the only QB that could withstand all this punishment. We really need to draft some lineman in April, he can't handle this **** forever. The guy is worth 100 million dollars you'd think they would have a ****ing brick house protecting him.

igor0190
12-06-2010, 12:44 PM
With the abuse Ben takes he earns the right to be a drama queen at times! Who cares anyways because he is extremely clutch and almost always comes through when it counts!!!! :banana:

Blazedby92
12-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Ben's tough but that has nothing to do with him always saying he has an injury which is why they call him a Drama Queen, EVERYBODY knows he's tough.

--- Added 12/6/2010 at 01:17 PM ---

Ben is a stud QB that is an Offensive Coordinators dream (and sometimes a nightmare-but rarely) he can mask massive Oline problems. I cannot remember the last time he got up from being sacked asking for a flag. This seems to happen every series for the Pats and Colts signal callers.

I just googled football drama queen and found this which I think is a bit more accurate :

Clinton Portis, the drama queen 0 time SB champion http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Clinton%20Portis.jpg

That's not a drama queen that's just Portis being silly SOB.

steelchamp204
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
I like portis lol, The manonly spoke the truth about his team. Wish we had him and jerome together back in the day, just imagine.

mariners100
12-06-2010, 03:32 PM
It gets old to hear everyone complain about Ben and calling him a cry baby or drama queen... but over the years you kinda get used to it. Manning and Brady cry for a flag on just about every play and Ben is the Drama Queen??

He's still a tough SOB... so I will take whatever names the other guys call him.

wespenn56
12-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Drama queen? Please. If you want the premier drama queen in the league, go to New England. Look at history...tuck rule created for Brady, had Brady been hit in the head and had his nose broken, you can bet your house there would have been a flag at least and an ejection more likely. Get over your hatred of Big Ben and the Steelers...all they do is WIN