PDA

View Full Version : Ike Taylor

scott0326
12-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Has anybody else been really impressed with the way he is playing? It seems like every game he has been good in coverage, from what I saw he made one mistake tonight (it was an illegal contact or a holding, I forgot, but it was on the play where Flacco scrambled for first down). He has been huge this year for us in my opinion. I think he should definitely be getting some pro bowl consideration with how he's played.. He is solid in coverage and the other thing I love about him is he seems like he is a sure tackler in the run game and after passes do get completed. I'm definitely impressed with Ike Taylor and hope Steelers re-sign him after season as he is by far our best corner.

On a side note: Can the rest of our corners be any worse? McFadden looked terrible tonight and we know how bad William Gay is.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 07:27 AM
On a side note: Can the rest of our corners be any worse? McFadden looked terrible tonight and we know how bad William Gay is.

Butler must really suck ????

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Ike is by far our best CB, and best DB overall besides Troy. Taylor has been having a real solid year, and making a case to get resigned in the offseason. He's a play maker and solid open field tackler. If it weren't for him we'd be in a lot worse shape.

Blazedby92
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Ike has been solid for us for years now there was a year where he struggled under Cowher but for the most part he seems to make who ever he is covering disappear.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 09:21 AM
Yeah sure, Ike looks like a saint next to our other corners. But a probowl selection? Nowhere close.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Ike has been solid for us for years now there was a year where he struggled under Cowher but for the most part he seems to make who ever he is covering disappear.

And that's what you want. Lebeau puts Ike on the teams best WR and 9-10 times Ike will take that player out of the game. The reason you don't hear his name called that often is because teams won't go after him. They'll pick on BMac or Gay all night, but steer clear of Taylor.

Rampage
12-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Taylor is definitely an asset in the secondary. If it wasn't for the bad flag in the Raiders game, he'd have an extra INT and a TD. Hopefully he can be resigned without breaking the bank.

scott0326
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Butler must really suck ????

I actually like Butler, but he must be either really bad or the coaching staff must not trust him at all if he cant get playing time over Gay and McFadden who have been routinely getting beat.