PDA

View Full Version : Smith back???

SteelerEyeZ
12-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Anyone have an update on him? This win against the Ravens makes it more of a reality that if we get a bye week then we might have the Ravens again at Heinz Field.If we had a player like Smith tonight in we would have gotten more of a push and much more pressure on Joe Sucko. (PS I HATE SUGGS) anyone know on his status???

GO STEELERS!:tt02::tt02:

Mr. Goosemahn
12-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Anyone have an update on him? This win against the Ravens makes it more of a reality that if we get a bye week then we might have the Ravens again at Heinz Field.If we had a player like Smith tonight in we would have gotten more of a push and much more pressure on Joe Sucko. (PS I HATE SUGGS) anyone know on his status???

GO STEELERS!:tt02::tt02:

I read somewhere that he was ahead of schedule. He was originally told he'd be sidelined for 8-9 weeks, meaning he'd have been back around Week 16. If he's ahead of schedule, then maybe week 15 is more likely.

In my opinion, we should still rest him until week 16, regardless if he comes back earlier or not. And if we get the first round bye (which we're now in a much better position for), then rest him until the first game. It's amazing how big a difference rest makes for these guys.

edit: Here's where I got it from:
http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/aaron_smith_upgraded_to_doubtful/3731068

It says he was actually upgraded to Doubtful for this past game, which is very good to hear. May be ready for action even sooner than we think.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 08:04 AM
lets beat cinci first... with the CB's we have.. im not sure we can count on any game against any good arial fire power.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 09:24 AM
Last I heard they were hoping to have him back a week or so before the playoffs if we made it in. I would say at this point if we can get a first round bye then that would be perfect. Give him an extra week and then come back ready to go in the post season.

Zachintosh66
12-06-2010, 10:27 AM
Well hopefully we can finish the season and get that bye week so we can get healthy all around!

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
lets beat cinci first... .
I agree...we have a long way to go before we talk about having a bye week.