PDA

View Full Version : McFadden and Gay getting torched

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 01:52 AM
These 2 have been getting picked on constantly this last month of the season and my goodness have they ever been up and down. Last week Gay made a lot of plays, but tonight he got eaten up several times. McFadden was getting blown up all night and Clark blew that first big 3rd down coverage in the 1st half.

The best CB on this team by far is Ike, who's been solid all year. Say what you want about the secondary but he's our best player besides Troy. Clark seems to be a day late and dollar short week to week. When the Steelers go dime, Timmons comes out and Lewis or Madison comes in and neither is anything to write home about.

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 01:57 AM
This is exactly why we must blitz almost every down. Do not let the QB identify a WR that will soon be running deep in our secondary basically uncovered. There is nothing we can do now (no Free Agents that are decent). So we win or lose based on whether we blitz. Tonight we blitzed.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 02:04 AM
I don't recall Gay being that bad tonight. BMac was pretty terrible, but we all knew that.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Blitzburgh came up big tonight, Lebeau unleashed the dogs on multiple occasions and they came through. If we don't get a pass rush these guys are in trouble. Somehow though we won and we continue to do so inspite of ourselves.

jnes1216
12-06-2010, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure I've ever seen a DB push a WR out of bounds like B-Mac did. Very blatant, catchable ball or not. Use your head. The other call was iffy imo, could have gone either way -- where he went after the ball but had his back arm around the WR's back. Which you're supposed to do in case you miss with the front, you still have an arm on him.

Real Deal Steel
12-06-2010, 02:12 AM
What is Mcfadden doing???? He leaves his man on man to man coverage?? Twice??

There needs to be more disipline back there in tight situations. Trust your scheme and excute it according to plan. They made Flacco look like a real QB out there tonite.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2010, 03:41 AM
I have been wanting Crezdon Butler to see more snaps....I don't think he is the savior by no means but he can't be any worse especially when they send Anthony Madison out there....Madison is a solid kick coverage guy but doesn't offer much as a corner.......Let the rook Butler see some playing time.......

Dean Denton
12-06-2010, 04:21 AM
Mcfadden was somewhere else the entire game. Is he still pissed that he had to play in Arizona last year?

JensK
12-06-2010, 07:56 AM
McFadden have been horrible for like 6-7 games now. I remember reading on post-gazette, that coaches have been very displeased with him as well. Apparently, our other CBs are playing too bad to play instead of him.

Gay wasnt that bad. He should not be lined up against Boldin, period!

Clark was terrible as well. He is just not a very good covering safety. Sure, he is pretty solid against the run, but with Troy spending more and more time around LOS, Clark is not the kind of safety we need.

harpo
12-06-2010, 09:23 AM
McFadden had a bad game, but his jam on Anquan Boldin on the last play of the game caused Flacco to go to his second read, where the ball was tipped by Farrior to seal the win. So he earned a tiny bit of redemption, but still, he has to play better. Hopefully he can build off the last play.

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Bmac is out of sorts! He needs to watch from the sidelines for a half to see the game!!

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:18 AM
I don't give McFadden any props for that last play. Clark was right there and he probably would have picked it off if McFadden didn't knock it away.

harpo
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't give McFadden any props for that last play. Clark was right there and he probably would have picked it off if McFadden didn't knock it away.

It was Farrior who tipped the ball on the last play, not McFadden. McFadden jammed Boldin on Flacco's first read, which is why Flacco went to his 2nd read on the opposite side of the field. If McFadden doesn't 'jam' the WR at the LOS, Boldin probably gets behind him and makes a big play to keep the drive going.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
It was Farrior who tipped the ball on the last play, not McFadden. McFadden jammed Boldin on Flacco's first read, which is why Flacco went to his 2nd read on the opposite side of the field. If McFadden doesn't 'jam' the WR at the LOS, Boldin probably gets behind him and makes a big play to keep the drive going.

I didn't mean the last play, I meant the pass to Boldin in the endzone.

harpo
12-06-2010, 10:45 AM
I didn't mean the last play, I meant the pass to Boldin in the endzone.

Oh, sorry. :greengrin:

Yeah, BMac absolutely sucked on that play. He wasn't in the play at all.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:58 AM
And Farrior didn't tip that pass. Just another choke pass from Flacco.

jnes1216
12-06-2010, 11:05 AM

I agree, I thuoght the replay was pretty clear. Keisel had a nice deflection in the game. It was good to see him back.

harpo
12-06-2010, 11:42 AM

Farrior DID indeed tip the pass.

Check out the replay on the 5:17 mark.

Steelers vs. Ravens highlights (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Redmans-touchdown-gives-Steelers-lead/50cc169a-ab48-4a69-a3cf-66ec9cb7c6b8#?id=68230a07-d82f-4957-a7d1-d30bfc1b2bc9)

Farrior is #51, right?

Keisel is completely out of the play.

JensK
12-06-2010, 11:46 AM
Farrior DID indeed tip the pass.

Check out the replay on the 5:17 mark.

Steelers vs. Ravens highlights (http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Redmans-touchdown-gives-Steelers-lead/50cc169a-ab48-4a69-a3cf-66ec9cb7c6b8#?id=68230a07-d82f-4957-a7d1-d30bfc1b2bc9)

Farrior is #51, right?

Keisel is completely out of the play.

It was shown in slow and closeup yesterday, and Farrior is not touching it. The ball not doing anything "strange" in the air either, which it would have done had he touched it.

harpo
12-06-2010, 12:02 PM
It was shown in slow and closeup yesterday, and Farrior is not touching it. The ball not doing anything "strange" in the air either, which it would have done had he touched it.

Go back and look at the link I posted on the 5:17 mark. That is clearly James Farrior who tipped that pass. Keisel is not even close to Flacco.

Rampage
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Last night was no career day for McFadden, that's for sure. Whenever we got him back I from AZ I kept thinking that he would be pretty good; he was during the Super Bowl year. Unfortunately, he seems to have lost that.

JensK
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Go back and look at the link I posted on the 5:17 mark. That is clearly James Farrior who tipped that pass. Keisel is not even close to Flacco.

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8877/unavngivetcn.jpg

Both commentators also agree, Farrior did not touch it :yellowthumb:

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Last night was no career day for McFadden, that's for sure. Whenever we got him back I from AZ I kept thinking that he would be pretty good; he was during the Super Bowl year. Unfortunately, he seems to have lost that.

Lets see how he responds this week, a pick or two could help!

Rampage
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Lets see how he responds this week, a pick or two could help!

For sure. I think Bmac would be well served by a nice game. An interception, a nice pass breakup, and no burns, and his confidence skyrockets. One can dream!

harpo
12-06-2010, 01:04 PM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8877/unavngivetcn.jpg

Both commentators also agree, Farrior did not touch it :yellowthumb:

I went back and looked at it and you're right. :yellowthumb:

I even saw Farrior's interview after the game and he admitted that he didn't get a hand on it. It certainly looked like he tipped it, but oh well.

Thanks for straightening me out. :greengrin:

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 01:06 PM
When we press coverage we expose the Cb's....

So no blitz or tampa 2 ? ill take pressing coverage exposing the cb's and giving up a few big plays.

Blazedby92
12-06-2010, 03:35 PM
Hey where are all the the haters that wanted Lebeau's head after the pats game, like I said winning changes everything. Maybe they should go "play in traffic" for everyones sake. STFU

mariners100
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Every year we talk about the same thing, we need secondary help... when we traded for McFadden I was overly excited about him coming to help us, but seriously what the hell happened to him? Did Arizona curse him or something?

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
I went back and looked at it and you're right. :yellowthumb:

I even saw Farrior's interview after the game and he admitted that he didn't get a hand on it. It certainly looked like he tipped it, but oh well.

Thanks for straightening me out. :greengrin:

Lets not give Chocko any credit :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 05:14 PM

We were all thinking that,and to his credit has hasn't played poorly this year overall. He's been pretty solid, but he's not at the level his was 2 years ago. He was injured last year with Arizona and didn't play much, which seems to have affected his performance this year.

ctsteelah
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Call it nit picking bu tin the 4th quarter I believe the Steelers had the Ravens pinned pretty deep after I think a sack. It was like 3rd & 17 and the backup Ravens tight end caught the ball going towards the sideline with Gay trailing 5 yards behind. Is this scheme? I dont know but I was too emotional at the time to think any other way then that Gay is weak.

Goodfrom55
12-06-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't recall Gay being that bad tonight. BMac was pretty terrible, but we all knew that.

Gay was OK, but certainly better than McFadden - I'm sorry, but he stinks. I still can't believe there isn't anyone on the defense who can cover better as a CB.

Clevelandsux
12-06-2010, 09:03 PM
McFadden is horrible. I liked him before, but something happened to him last year in Arizona.

Flacco was not able to spread us out like Brady and Fitzpatrick did.

ctsteelah
12-06-2010, 09:06 PM
One of the worst games I have ever seen from a CB in the last 30 years ironically was BMAC. Last year in the playoffs against Green Bay it actually became embarrassing and I remember thinking to myself how smart the FO was in not giving him his payday.

Having said that he was injured in that game and he did not play well in the Cardinals system.

I guess gone are the days where he makes a play like the AFC playoff game in 2005 against Indy with the fade to Wayne?