PDA

View Full Version : It's no coincidence anymore... Flacco can't beat Ben head to head

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 01:14 AM
And Ive been saying this for a very long time now that Joe Flacco simply cannot beat the Steelers when Ben Roethlisberger plays against him. While Flacco played okay tonight he still folded in the 4th quarter and didnot make the neccessary plays to beat the Steelers while Ben always seems to make the big time game changing plays against the Ravens defense. The throw Flacco had to Dickson there on 4th and 2 there with the game on the line when he was wide open is why Flacco is Flacco and not an elite QB. It's a little bit different this time Joe when you had to go the entire length of the field to get a TD to win the game then going 40 yards like you did in Pittsburgh early on in October. That game means **** now and that comeback Flacco had in that game that made everybody and their mother say that Flacco had arrived in the league as an elite QB means nothing now and is completely and totally forgotten about. It's one thing to win a game in October like Flacco and the Ravens did here the 4th game of the season it's another thing to win a game in December with the division title on the line. Flacco simply cannot beat the Steelers with Ben he is now 0-5 when he plays Ben and it's no coincidence anymore that both times the Ravens have beaten the Steelers the last two years with Flacco the QB was Batch and Dixon and not Ben Roethlisberger....

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 01:17 AM
Joe Choko.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-06-2010, 01:18 AM
That'a why Ben was a first rounder and Falco is Falco !!:tt02::tt02:

Scorp
12-06-2010, 01:22 AM
That's why Ben has 2 rings and joe--0

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 01:22 AM
Flacco had no business throwing that last pass the end the game. It was a poor decision and when it came down to it,he couldn't handle it. Credit the defense as well for getting in his face in the 2nd half, but when Ben goes toe to toe against Flacco, I'll take Ben everytime.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 01:25 AM
So glad we dont have to hear the Ravens and their fans talking about that game here in October anymore and how they control the division. If you go to their message boards it's all the hell they been talking about for the last 2 months was how they won that game. Well guess what boys that game is over and done with now and you lost the game that mattered more late in the season between the 2 teams...

igor0190
12-06-2010, 01:25 AM
Ben is totally "the difference". He makes more plays when it counts. This win is sooo sweet! :banana:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2010, 01:30 AM
43 you know I have been saying Flacco squats to pee when it counts and again it showed this game.....The guy is a fraud......I'll take #7 over any QB in the NFL since when the game is on the line in the key moments then Ben most of the time comes through....Of course Troy who I have been hard on many times came up with a huge strip/fumble at the biggest moment of the game.....Props to old man LeBeau tonight to for dialing up the blitz........I know I complain the old man from time to time but I get so frustrated when he doesn't blitz and plays them damn cushions.....But he has made some great adjustments the past couple of weeks......Great team effort to win the game.....

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 01:36 AM
43 you know I have been saying Flacco squats to pee when it counts and again it showed this game.....The guy is a fraud......I'll take #7 over any QB in the NFL since when the game is on the line in the key moments then Ben most of the time comes through....Of course Troy who I have been hard on many times came up with a huge strip/fumble at the biggest moment of the game.....Props to old man LeBeau tonight to for dialing up the blitz........I know I complain the old man from time to time but I get so frustrated when he doesn't blitz and plays them damn cushions.....But he has made some great adjustments the past couple of weeks......Great team effort to win the game.....

Yea but he still won the game here back in October and he "arrived" in that game lol....Flacco does suck when the game is on the line more times then not and he always makes the key fumble,interception,or dumb play against the Steelers defense that ends up being the difference in the end. Troy absolutely owns Joe Flacco late in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line...The Ravens message boards are already making the excuse of Todd Heap not being in the game what a ****ing joke....

HUNT4SEVEN
12-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Joe Choko.

GREAT name for him, I've been saying all year that i was not impressed with the rats and as long as Choko is the qb they will not win anything he definitely chokes when it count year end and year out I'm glad he's a Rat great pick Newsome:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Yea but he still won the game here back in October and he "arrived" in that game lol....Flacco does suck when the game is on the line more times then not and he always makes the key fumble,interception,or dumb play against the Steelers defense that ends up being the difference in the end. Troy absolutely owns Joe Flacco late in the 4th quarter when the game is on the line...The Ravens message boards are already making the excuse of Todd Heap not being in the game what a ****ing joke....

Well Flacco can beat the Steelers when the Steelers haver their JV QB starting...lol Dixon or Batch.....But when our varsity QB is playing Flacco doesn't have a chance....lol

Really Heap going down cost the Ravens the game....lol Just flat out pathetic......Like the Steelers are not without their share of injuries.....Down to 1 TE tonight and all their OL injuries....Plus without Aaron Smith.....What a joke and I'm just glad the Ravens fans had their hearts broken once again by Ben and Troy....lol

igor0190
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM
The Ravens message boards are already making the excuse of Todd Heap not being in the game what a ****ing joke....

U gotta be kidding me?

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 01:53 AM
Well Flacco can beat the Steelers when the Steelers haver their JV QB starting...lol Dixon or Batch.....But when our varsity QB is playing Flacco doesn't have a chance....lol

Really Heap going down cost the Ravens the game....lol Just flat out pathetic......Like the Steelers are not without their share of injuries.....Down to 1 TE tonight and all their OL injuries....Plus without Aaron Smith.....What a joke and I'm just glad the Ravens fans had their hearts broken once again by Ben and Troy....lol

Seeing those Ravens fan walk out of the MT Bank dejected and seeing Flacco with that stupid look on his face after the game was decided was absolutely priceless and a thing of beauty...Flacco barely could look at Ben when they shook hands...Let's see you get arrogant now Flacco and run your mouth like you did in that interview on ESPN on the field after you beat the Steelers here in Pittsburgh back in October...

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
flacco cant take our steelers blitzing... we pressed coverage and blitzed today which was a nice change over the last 7 weeks of 10 yard cushions.... so we got burned a few times.. they scored ten points and made a few big plays... if we play the other way, we give up 8-10 yarders down the field until we finally give up all the points...

if we had a real good CB we wouldnt even give up some of the big plays with press coverage.. then we would be solid all around... great defense last night.

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
If you go to their message boards ..

Why would anyone do that is beyond me. Life is much too short to waste a minute of it doing that.

Obviously Ben is a better QB you'd have to be a moron to argue it any other way. But the win comes down to much more than Flacco & Ben...Troy makes the big play...and Ray Ray misses a tackle that allows the winning TD. :lol:

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:38 AM
I read an article from a Baltimore newspaper that was "5 things we learned from the game last night," and #4 was something like, "as much as we hate to admit it, Ben Roethlisberger owns the Ravens." I can't look at the exact article right now because I'm on my phone, but there you have it. From a Baltimore newspaper.

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I read an article from a Baltimore newspaper that was "5 things we learned from the game last night," and #4 was something like, "as much as we hate to admit it, Ben Roethlisberger owns the Ravens." I can't look at the exact article right now because I'm on my phone, but there you have it. From a Baltimore newspaper.

:lol:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/12/five_things_we_learned_from_the_ravens_1310_loss_t o_the_stee_1.html

3. You can hate him as much as you want, but you have to acknowledge that Ben Roethlisberger is a heck of a football player. And he owns the Ravens until proven otherwise. Sorry, but it's a fact.

Roethlisberger reminds me of every meathead jock I ever loathed playing with or against as a football player. And even though he wasn't charged for his behavior this off-season, just reading the police report makes you ill. They guy is not someone I have a high opinion of as a person.

But as a football player? I continue to marvel at the plays he makes. The guy is a winner. To escape from Suggs the way he did and then fling the ball out of bounds to avoid a crucial sack was incredible. To get essentially punched in the face in the first quarter, have your nose smashed like it was a fortune cookie, and not have it phase you? That's pretty tough. For the Ravens, it's almost like Roethlisberger is a villain in a horror movie. Every time they think they've killed him off, he comes back and makes another huge throw. The play where he avoided Haruki Nakamura on the blitz, then rolled out and found Emanuel Sanders open inside the 2-yard line was, I thought, the play of the game.

The Ravens threw a ton of stuff at him. It was probably Greg Mattison's best performance as a defensive coordinator. And with a broken foot, and a broken nose, he still found a way to make enough plays to win. Until the Ravens prove they can beat him, I'm convinced he's going to torture them. And he seems to enjoy it.

"At one point, I looked over at [Suggs] and he was bleeding from mouth. I was bleeding from the nose," Roethlisberger said. "That says a lot about a Ravens-Steelers football game."

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
[QUOTE=LarryNJ;387578]:lol:

[url]

Speeed
12-06-2010, 11:45 AM
To put my response in context:

I live a few miles north of Baltimore. My in-laws are narrow minded trash talking Ravens fans. When Ben broke his nose there was a flurry of unintelligible (literally) texts sent to my wife's phone. I don't despise the Ravens, in fact, I respect them, they are a talented, competitive team that plays similar to the Steelers except they do it wearing purple. I hate their fans, and that is based on first hand experience on a day to day basis. With that said...

I think Flacco is a great quarterback. He is what the Ravens needed to round out their team. However, I don't think he has gained and applied experience at the rate the franchise has expected. He just seems to be on the brink - in the sense that he is playing like a talented rookie but just can't put it all together consistently. Despite that, in the years to come, I think he will grow and mature, and I wish him success.

As for comparing him to Ben, well, Ben is has him beat on every level. I think that is obvious.

On an unrelated note, being from Baltimore, I perused few Raven's forums out of curiosity. I have confirmed why I disdain Raven's fans. They are rude haters of any other team who lack even an iota of objectiveness. They even hate each other. They act as if it is their right to win, and when they lose, it is a miscarriage of justice (not all of them of course, but enough to influence my overall opinion).

An afterthought:

After the last Steelers/Ravens game, the local media described Flacco's winning drive as a "career defining" drive.

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 12:27 PM
I think Flacco is a great quarterback.

After the last Steelers/Ravens game, the local media described Flacco's winning drive as a "career defining" drive.

He's a very good young QB that should get better as he matures...far from great yet but better than most people on here give him credit for.

I don't think there is such a thing as a "career defining" drive...especially in the regular season. To be career defining means to do it again and again and it helps if that is in the playoffs. :)

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
The difference between the first game and the second game is obviously Big Ben. Flacco tried to say "we beat them last year", but that was Dixon lol

igor0190
12-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Ben had what you could call a career defining drive in the superbowl VS the Cardinals.... Joe Choko a regular season game in Pittsburgh with our 3rd string QB and Mcfadden blowing coverage. Don't think so gayven fans.

Clevelandsux
12-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Flacco really wasn't able to spread our defense out like Brady and Fitzpatrick did.

Real Deal Steel
12-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Flacco has hit his ceiling. He is as good as he's ever going to be. He's just a pedestrian QB.

Root4Stlrs
12-07-2010, 10:14 AM
Flacco has hit his ceiling. He is as good as he's ever going to be. He's just a pedestrian QB.

:yellowthumb: I think he will continue to choke in big games - just like Romo.