PDA

View Full Version : Even if the Steelers lose to the Jets in 2 weeks...

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 12:04 AM
As long as they win the games they are suppose too next week against the Bengals, at home against pathetic Carolina and at Cleveland and finish 12-4 even if the Ravens do win out and finish 12-4 the Steelers still will win the AFC North over the Ravens based on a better division record and will still get a first round bye in the playoffs no matter what anybody else in the AFC does. If youre rooting for the Steelers to get homefield advantage and the number 1 seed in the AFC you need to root for the Jets tomorrow night to beat the Patriots and take sole possesion of first place over them in the East and then beat them here in 2 weeks on December 19th...The bottom line is the Steelers are in great shape to win the AFC North and get a bye week which is a huge deal when youre talking about your chances of getting to the Super Bowl...

nuclearchihuahuas
12-06-2010, 12:07 AM
We really need that first round bye to get healthy

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I would rather beat everyone.

Scorp
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Jets want the super bowl.....bad. Steelers can't slack off with these guys. Rex says he has the best team in the AFC and his team has not lost on the road. Another classic in the making.

swhite56
12-06-2010, 12:12 AM
I would rather beat everyone.

I agree!! :)

mwittman5
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
I hope theres no let down game against cincy next week. Luckily theres trash talk from ochostinko and B.O for motivation

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
If there is ever a time when we need a first round bye, it's this year. We have so many people with nagging injuries that we can't stay healthy from one week to the next. First things first though, we have to win next week. Gotta take out the Bengals and stay on this momentum.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 12:19 AM
The Bengals almost upset the Saints today so the Steelers will be aware of them and know that it's a division game and that anything can happen in these games. I still like the Steelers to beat the Jets here too. The Jets have been getting lucky on the road winning games last minute all the time and I just feel that their luck will run out here at Heinz Field when they play the Steelers in 2 weeks...

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-06-2010, 12:20 AM
1 game at a time !! Everything else can then fall into place...

the jets will have their first road loss tomorrow night!!

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM
I hope theres no let down game against cincy next week. Luckily theres trash talk from ochostinko and B.O for motivation

I'll be at the game..it better not be a let down!

Scorp
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
1 game at a time !! Everything else can then fall into place...

the jets will have their first road loss tomorrow night!!

We're just all pumped. :cope:...:yellowthumb:

SteelerEyeZ
12-06-2010, 12:25 AM
Ill be at the game too...Steeler Addicts tailgating anyone???????

igor0190
12-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Ratbirds still have to play the Texans in Houston and the New Orleans Saints in Bmore.

I would love to see a collapse and them not even get a wild card. Although, the way we have their number maybe we should hope for them in the playoffs.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
We can look ahead we are fans so it doesnt matter...The Steelers have 3 straight games at home now against the Bengals,Jets,and Carolina playing 2 of the worst teams in the league at home the next 3 weeks. The Steelers will have no problem taking care of business in 2 of those games at home if they play like they are capable of...

--- Added 12/5/2010 at 11:32 PM ---

Ratbirds still have to play the Texans in Houston and the New Orleans Saints in Bmore.

I would love to see a collapse and them not even get a wild card. Although, the way we have their number maybe we should hope for them in the playoffs.

I agree the Ravens have a very tough next 2 weeks playing the Texans and the Saints. As I mentioned though even if they do win out and the Steelers win the games they are suppose too against the Bengals,Panthers,and Browns they will win the AFC North and at the very worst be the number 2 seed. Baltimore is simply in MUST win mode now these next 2 weeks after this disaster tonight at home...

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
We can look ahead we are fans so it doesnt matter...The Steelers have 3 straight games at home now against the Bengals,Jets,and Carolina playing 2 of the worst teams in the league at home the next 3 weeks. The Steelers will have no problem taking care of business in 2 of those games at home if they play like they are capable of...

that the problem with all these injuries...we don't know what they are capable of...

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 07:47 AM
If youre rooting for the Steelers to get homefield advantage and the number 1 seed in the AFC you need to root for the Jets tomorrow night to beat the Patriots and take sole possesion of first place over them in the East and then beat them here in 2 weeks on December 19th......

I dont know how.. but the pats are 9-2 with a 32nd ranked defense....

either the rankings dont mean crap... or something may be fishy in boston again...

Carolina is the 32nd ranked offense... see how that works... it makes sense...

The jets should beat the pats tonight.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-06-2010, 10:34 AM
Of course we would love to have home field throughout...but part of me really, really wants to go into Foxborough and just decimate that team in front of their home crowd. I can hope, can't I?

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Pats will find out how bad their D is when they get into the PO's.

This Steelers team will match up real well defensively to the Jets, but we have the Bungles we need to take care of first!!

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
The Ravens will destroy the Texans, put your kids college tuition money on it.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Update on how the 32nd ranked defense wins.........

they dont have arians... look at the scores.. if we could put up those points we would be 11-1

Sun 9/12/2010 1:00 PM vs Bengals CBS / WBZ-TV 38-24 W
Sun 9/19/2010 4:15 PM @ Jets CBS / WBZ-TV 28-14 L Ryan Family Win
Sun 9/26/2010 1:00 PM vs Bills CBS / WBZ-TV 38-30 W
Mon 10/4/2010 8:30 PM @ Dolphins ESPN / WCVB 41-14
Sun 10/17/2010 1:00 PM vs Ravens CBS / WBZ-TV 23-20 W
Sun 10/24/2010 4:15 PM @ Chargers CBS / WBZ-TV 23-20 W
Sun 10/31/2010 4:15 PM vs Vikings FOX / WFXT 28-18 W
Sun 11/7/2010 1:00 PM @ Browns CBS / WBZ-TV 34-14 L Ryan Family Win
Sun 11/14/2010 8:20 PM @ Steelers NBC / WHDH 39-26 W
Sun 11/21/2010 4:15 PM vs Colts CBS / WBZ-TV 31-28 W
Thu 11/25/2010 12:30 PM @ Lions CBS / WBZ-TV 45-24 W

Read more at: http://www.patriots.com/schedule/&cp

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Of course we would love to have home field throughout...but part of me really, really wants to go into Foxborough and just decimate that team in front of their home crowd. I can hope, can't I?

Hope is not a strategy, unfortunately the entire USA is finding that out the hard way. The Pats own us, I hate it - but I accept it. I am praying that we end up the one seed and they end up with a wildcard spot and get knocked off before they would come to Heinz.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
look at the jets and pats remaining 5 games...

tonight one of them loses...

then they have Chicago each, NO, Green Bay, Bills, Steelers...

If we lock in on our games and win.. we could get the #1 seed.

Rampage
12-06-2010, 11:23 AM
A loss wouldn't be terrible, but I think this team has a shot to pull it out. One game at a time. The Bengals need to lose 10 straight before we start worrying about the Jets.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
A loss wouldn't be terrible, but I think this team has a shot to pull it out. One game at a time. The Bengals need to lose 10 straight before we start worrying about the Jets.

granted... but our schedule is a lot nicer than theirs.. we played our top teams early.

they seem to have a handful of tough games to close the season... really the jets had a soft schedule so far if you really look at it..

:cope:

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I'd rather the Ravens make it in and play the Patriots. They match up well against them and knocked them out of the playoffs last year in Gillette stadium. If they do that again this year then we wouldn't even have to play New England and a potential 2008 AFC Title rematch could happen in Pitt vs. the Ravens. I like our chances with that route.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
The Ravens will destroy the Texans, put your kids college tuition money on it.

Dont be so sure about that. Houston is still in the AFC South race and plays pretty good at home and can put up a lot of points on offense. The Ravens offense playing the way they have been not being able to score a lot of points will not get it done against a team like Houston that can score a lot of points...Baltimore should win I think in the end but it's by no means a given that they go into Houston and walk out of their with a win...The Texans with an extra 3 days to prepare for the Ravens will give them everything and more they can handle...

--- Added 12/6/2010 at 11:29 AM ---

I'd rather the Ravens make it in and play the Patriots. They match up well against them and knocked them out of the playoffs last year in Gillette stadium. If they do that again this year then we wouldn't even have to play New England and a potential 2008 AFC Title rematch could happen in Pitt vs. the Ravens. I like our chances with that route.

Id rather have KC and Jags win their respective divisions over the Colts abd Chargers and knock out either the Ravens,Jets or Pats, in the wildcard round so we dont have to see potentially any of them lol...