PDA

View Full Version : No flag for hit on Heath Miller... suffers concussion

Scorp
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
Stupid refs **** me off. How the hell could they have missed it. I said it before. When it happens to Steelers those jackoffs just look the other way. :cursin:

steelersbabex25
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
Well, atleast he'll be fined. Wouldn't be surprised if Haloti gets fined too.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
They sure did! On that and on others--like the forearm to Ben's face. I hope the league at least fines those two hits

roosterray
12-05-2010, 11:48 PM
This is getting F*^(&*N old that we get quick flags and they let it slide. Kemo was horsecollared on his run, I counted at least 3 holding calls that weren't called, let alone a 2nd hit to Bens head on the play Ben miraculously escaped Suggs. When are they gonna call this game both ways.

steelersbabex25
12-05-2010, 11:50 PM
This is getting F*^(&*N old that we get quick flags and they let it slide. Kemo was horsecollared on his run, I counted at least 3 holding calls that weren't called, let alone a 2nd hit to Bens head on the play Ben miraculously escaped Suggs. When are they gonna call this game both ways.

I don't think the refs were so blatantly against the Steelers this game. They missed some calls both ways. Atleast they called holding occasionally.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2010, 11:51 PM
When the NFL starts calling out their own officials during the game, you know something is messed up. "NFL, the helmet hit against Heath Miller should have been flagged"

Troyisabeast_43
12-05-2010, 11:53 PM
Miller could have easily been paralyzed on that hit and nothing was called its a complete and total joke...

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-06-2010, 12:06 AM
It's beyond me how there was nothing called on that play with the recent "enforcement" of rules... hell even collinsworth said it should have been a flag !!

Scorp
12-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Flag or no flag the nfl will have a huge entourage with that money.

Dobre Shunka
12-06-2010, 12:10 AM
Recently, we had a big Dman hit our Qb right in the face. Tonight, our QB's nose was broken.

WTF?

bensshoes
12-06-2010, 12:10 AM
I say no fines, the league offices need to keep their noses out of it. If the officials cant get it right on the field then the league should just go away. don't want them involved afterwards. I'm just trying to be consistant in my thinking that 280 Park Ave should be flushed down the toilet with the rest of the crap!

swhite56
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
It's beyond me how there was nothing called on that play with the recent "enforcement" of rules... hell even collinsworth said it should have been a flag !!

haha thats what I said. Collinsworth is not a fan of the Steelers and even admitted the refs missed two flags! And Harrison said it best after the game when he told the reporter if that was him that made that hit it would have for sure been a penalty. BUT our boys played a GREAT game! :tt02:

HUNT4SEVEN
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
That dirty hit could of broke Millers neck that fag better be fined 75,000.00

Scorp
12-06-2010, 12:13 AM
That dirty hit could of broke Millers neck that fag better be fined 75,000.00

It's going to be a hefty fine no doubt. :yellowthumb:

Big T
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
that hit was by far worse than the hit James put on Massaquoi. should be fined as such but since he isnt a "repeat offender" or a steeler, the fine will be 50k, maybe...

jnes1216
12-06-2010, 12:16 AM
After the H Miller hit, they showed Harrison on the bench and he hit Farrior on the arm and said "If that would have been me..." You could read his lips clearly, then the tv shot went to something else.

I'm glad Miller was able to walk off though. tuff dude.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Harrison did an interview after the game, they asked him about it and he said if that were me they'd have flagged me. He's absolutely right, the double standard strikes again!

Lunchbucket
12-06-2010, 12:32 AM
there had better be major fines.totally blatant on both the Miller and Big Ben hits.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
I say no fines, the league offices need to keep their noses out of it. If the officials cant get it right on the field then the league should just go away. don't want them involved afterwards. I'm just trying to be consistant in my thinking that 280 Park Ave should be flushed down the toilet with the rest of the crap!

You are kidding me. Heath almost had his head taken off.

igor0190
12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
The thing is if that was Harrison who made that hit and the refs didn't see it... Once they saw Miller on the ground and clearly knocked out/not getting up... THE REFS WOULD HAVE THROWN THE FLAG WITHOUT A DOUBT

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 01:06 AM
I was waiting for Harrison to get nailed with the flag when he hit Flacco. It was textbook, but I could just see the official reaching for it.

Heath has a concussion, he'll have to pass the tests this week before he can play next weekend.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 01:08 AM
Great game tonight by David Johnson as well playing tight end the entire game even before Heath got hurt...The fact that there was no flag on the Miller hit is completely and utterly disgusting seeing how severe it could have been...

igor0190
12-06-2010, 01:09 AM
Let's just be thankful Heath didn't injure his neck... and hopefully the concussion wasn't too bad. :crossfingers:
I saw Heath mouth on the sideline "I don't remember anything".

Real Deal Steel
12-06-2010, 01:09 AM
It's amazing how it is so obvious that the league has a vendetta against the Steelers. I"m convinced of it. Not just Harrison. The whole team. All these missed penalties over these weeks in no coincidence.

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 01:13 AM
It's amazing how it is so obvious that the league has a vendetta against the Steelers. I"m convinced of it. Not just Harrison. The whole team. All these missed penalties over these weeks in no coincidence.

I wasnt convinced of it until after the Miller hit not being flagged. I mean how in god's name can you miss that and not call that a penalty. It's inexcusable and ****ing insane how that call was missed by the refs...Glad to give Goodell the big FU tonight by coming back and winning this game nothing sweeter...

Real Deal Steel
12-06-2010, 01:17 AM
I wasnt convinced of it until after the Miller hit not being flagged. I mean how in god's name can you miss that and not call that a penalty. It's inexcusable and ****ing insane how that call was missed by the refs...Glad to give Goodell the big FU tonight by coming back and winning this game nothing sweeter...

Exactly!! Despite all, we are hanging in there. Screw you Goodall!! And the horse you rode in on!

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 01:17 AM

At this point Rooney has to go what many would consider out of bounds and publicly call out Goodell. ANY one of our guys hits anyone like that hit and he is out of the game and if Goodell denies that then everyone knows he is full of :willybs: and we can officially ignore him. In addition if the Ravens player that hit him doesn't get fined a minimum of 75K then the Rooneys should announce that they are giving 92 a 125K :willybs: bonus. Dare the league to do anything, if the league does do something then just show tapes and say if this doesn't warrant the same fine as this then show us what does. Stand up Rooneys.

scott0326
12-06-2010, 02:03 AM
I don't know which play had me more pissed, the play where Ngata (Spelling?) hit Ben in the face and broke his nose and there was no flag or when Heath got hit helmet to helmet and there was no call. The refs are seriously ridiculous.

Dean Denton
12-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Well, atleast he'll be fined. Wouldn't be surprised if Haloti gets fined too. yeah, I think they both get a fine, but you can forget about flags going the way of the Steelers. This team has bitched too much, Rooney too, and the league will not give in to them. The Steelers are just going to have to play through it. and they did, and I'm sure will have to do it for the rest of the year....

Nolrog
12-06-2010, 06:16 AM
The NFL is truely becomming a joke. Steelers are being flagged and fined for helmet to helmet when they hit the opponent in the middle of the back, and then one of the most blatent hits to the head you'll see isn't even flagged. I think that was the second time in the game a Raven H2H hit didn't go flagged.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 07:19 AM
Maybe rooney can take some tape in now and show anderson and goodell how we get 15yards for sliding a hand across a helmut and flagged for clean qb hits.... Then show ben getting his nose rearranged and miller almost snapping his neck with no flags and justify all this.... he needs to do something to change the tone against us..

Rampage
12-06-2010, 11:04 AM
I heard that Merriam Webster just updated the definition for double standard to "The NFL's policy on roughing the passer and hitting a defenseless receiver."

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
The zebras from last night need to have their checks taken away and or fined / suspended! That was disgusting!!

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 11:16 AM
I don't know why anybody would care if he gets fined or not, how does that help the Steelers today? it doesn't. If it was called on the field like it should have been then we would have got the 15 yards and the 1st down. If we had gone on to lose this game and the guy got fined the next day, would you really feel better, cause I wouldn't. Just another blown call on the Steelers. Heath probably doesn't give a **** either, it's no secret the NFL has a double standard, the evidence speaks for itself.

Call it on the field, not the next ****ing day. That's what I'm saying

Rampage
12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't know why anybody would care if he gets fined or not, how does that help the Steelers today? it doesn't. If it was called on the field like it should have been then we would have got the 15 yards and the 1st down. If we had gone on to lose this game and the guy got fined the next day, would you really feel better, cause I wouldn't. Just another blown call on the Steelers. Heath probably doesn't give a **** either, it's no secret the NFL has a double standard, the evidence speaks for itself.

Call it on the field, not the next ****ing day. That's what I'm saying

Yep. I'm tired of this next day "my bad" stance that the NFL seems to have on these "egregious" roughing hits against Steeler players. The fine does nothing, flag it during the game.

Prosdo
12-06-2010, 01:18 PM
It is by far the worst non-call I have ever seen. McClain could CLEARLY see Heath Miller dropped the ball and was a defenseless receiver. He had plenty of time to stop and plenty of space to avoid him. Absolute bullshit! There better be at least a 50K fine on this hit.

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
It is by far the worst non-call I have ever seen. McClain could CLEARLY see Heath Miller dropped the ball and was a defenseless receiver. He had plenty of time to stop and plenty of space to avoid him. Absolute bullshit! There better be at least a 50K fine on this hit.

heap was out so they were evening up the sides...

Lunchbucket
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Any word on the NFL's position on this and Big Ben's Hits ??? I know it is expost facto as far as the game is concerned,just wanted to hear thier rationalization.

igor0190
12-06-2010, 01:34 PM
Any word on the NFL's position on this and Big Ben's Hits ??? I know it is expost facto as far as the game is concerned,just wanted to hear thier rationalization.

Because Ben is so hard to get to the ground, blows to the head and grasping at his head is legal. Because manning and brady fold like a paper bag when hit, the NFL has to have 2 different rules for Ben VS other QB's. The roughing the passer rules weren't created for Ben.. They were created for the NFL's poster boy, Peyton Manning, to ensure his health.

Zachintosh66
12-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Im calling a suspension... just to get Steeler Nation off their (NFL) backs

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Im calling a suspension... just to get Steeler Nation off their (NFL) backs

I'm kinda with you on the suspension, but disagree on the second part!

Of course we all expected a suspension on Seymour and that never came...

Steel Trap86
12-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Here's some more wood for the fire. When the Ravens played Atlanta, Suggs grazed the top of Ryan's helmet incidentally and was flagged for roughing the passer...horrible call. Last night Ngata hits ben square in the face, broke his nose spilled blood all over his jersey for everybody to see the rest of the game and there was no call... :club:

Earlier on I was watching the Packers/Niners game, Aaron Rodgers was victimized twice. They were 2nd and goal and he saw the rush coming, remained in the pocket and threw the ball out of bounds and was flagged for intentional grounding, another play the defense was offside and Rodgers tossed it up to Jones who caught it 30 yards downfield, but the play was blown dead when it should have been a freebie.

Then this **** with Miller and Ben last night, Brady playing against a relentless pass rush tonight. I can already see the flags raining down!

Can't ignore it, the NFL officiating is a ****ing joke.

igor0190
12-06-2010, 02:08 PM
It's not the officiating in my opinion... It is the fault of the NFL for asking the refs to try and enforce these ridiculous rules. They will never be able to do it fairly.

Anyone see the DJ Williams hit in the Denver/KC game.... what a load of crap.

I'm calling that there will only be a minimal fine $10K... they are going to say the ball was tipped blah blah blah.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 02:43 PM

On SC they're saying that the NFL is extremely disappointed on the no call, and we should be expecting a suspension or fine for..who was it? McClain?

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 02:44 PM
On SC they're saying that the NFL is extremely disappointed on the no call, and we should be expecting a suspension or fine for..who was it? McClain?

The refs should have the same thrown their way!! :popcorn:

wespenn56
12-06-2010, 03:04 PM
just sent this email to Herr Goodell:
Wes Penn to Roger.Goodell
show details 1:56 PM (0 minutes ago)
Mr. Goodell

In accordance with the NFL's emphasis on player safety, perhaps you should implement the following:

Since in the game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers, 1) Ben Rothlesburger had his nose broken by a hit to the facemask 2) Heath Miller (truly in the position of a "defenseless receiver") was given a concussion by a direct hit to the helmet and 3) near the end of the game Rothlesburger was again struck on the helmet and the replay showed a quick grab of the helmet under the earhole.

Since none of these infractions produced a penalty, there should be a new policy for implementing a fine for game officials that miss blatant calls. As your staff seems to love fining/penalizing the Steelers in general and James Harrison in particular, at least try to have the impression of objectivity.

Wes Penn

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
Mr. Goodell

In accordance with the NFL's emphasis on player safety, perhaps you should implement the following:

Since in the game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers, 1) Ben Rothlesburger had his nose broken by a hit to the facemask 2) Heath Miller (truly in the position of a "defenseless receiver") was given a concussion by a direct hit to the helmet and 3) near the end of the game Rothlesburger was again struck on the helmet and the replay showed a quick grab of the helmet under the earhole.

Since none of these infractions produced a penalty, there should be a new policy for implementing a fine for game officials that miss blatant calls. As your staff seems to love fining/penalizing the Steelers in general and James Harrison in particular, at least try to have the impression of objectivity.

Wes Penn

LOL, let us know if you get a reply!!

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Mr. Goodell

Wes Penn

Maybe you should spell check Roethlisberger's name before you send it :dunno:

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Maybe you should spell check Roethlisberger's name before you send it :dunno:

Duh! :lol:

igor0190
12-06-2010, 03:47 PM
This just in...

"The NFL WILL fine Jameel Mcclain for hit on Heath Miller." (mortreport twitter)
"NFL looking into the hit on Heath Miller and a fine will be handed out" Jason LaCanfora

Only question now is, how much??

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 04:11 PM
This just in...

"The NFL WILL fine Jameel Mcclain for hit on Heath Miller." (mortreport twitter)
"NFL looking into the hit on Heath Miller and a fine will be handed out" Jason LaCanfora

Only question now is, how much??

.01's!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81cb1f43/article/nfl-reviewing-ravens-lb-mcclains-hit-on-steelers-te-miller?module=HP_headlines

SteelDad
12-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I'll bid $25,000 Bob. If I'm within $5,000 do I get both showcases? Have your pets spade or neutered. Good day everyone!