PDA

View Full Version : Broken nose, bad foot, Ben was Ben!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2010, 11:42 PM
How can you not absolutely love Ben, I mean it's nothing new seeing him all these years but how in the world did he get away from Suggs that last play. You could see he was feeling it in the 2nd half and moving around much better, eluded several sacks, and kept us in the game. It wasn't pretty, it was downright ugly most of the time, but you have to give it to Ben for sucking it up and getting this signature win.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
He couldn't breathe very well during his interview--cut it short in favor of James H.

steelersbabex25
12-05-2010, 11:43 PM
That play where he got away from Suggs needs to be on the Ben Roethlisberger highlight real.

Scorp
12-05-2010, 11:45 PM
Faggot suggs was all over Ben like **** on tighty whities. Classic Ben is back and i was lovin it.

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-05-2010, 11:48 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrreeeat!

LarryNJ
12-05-2010, 11:50 PM
I was cussing him out several times tonight, but he pulled through for us.

Dobre Shunka
12-05-2010, 11:52 PM
I was hoping we did not have to send him out there again, and by the look of his expression on that 4rth and hold em, he was hoping too.

This guy has been put through the proverbial wringer this season. The game tonight defined him not only to our opponents, but to we the fans too.

The man when out there in arguably one of the toughest games in the league with a broken foot, unable to move, wearing a special boot, endured a broken nose, and w/o complaining kept going and going.

Unbelievable performance.

Troyisabeast_43
12-05-2010, 11:55 PM
One of the gutsiest efforts you will ever see by a player what Ben Roethlisberger fought through and went through tonight to win this game....Wow what a great win absolutely awesome as Flacco once again doesnt get it done when he has too...

roosterray
12-05-2010, 11:59 PM
One of the gutsiest efforts you will ever see by a player what Ben Roethlisberger fought through and went through tonight to win this game....Wow what a great win absolutely awesome as Flacco once again doesnt get it done when he has too...

:yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthumb::yellowthum b::tt02::tt02:

Scorp
12-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Ben has gained alot of respect from me. Heart of a champion i tell ya what.

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Ben gutted it out !! :tt02::tt02::tt02: NO body can question his toughness!

HUNT4SEVEN
12-06-2010, 12:13 AM
I was cussing him out several times tonight, but he pulled through for us.

Me to but i'm glad he stayed in:clap::tt02:

mwittman5
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Ben is the perfect leader for this team. You think Pittsburgh Steelers and you think of tough bad*** dudes. Ben fits the mold

Scorp
12-06-2010, 12:15 AM
Drinks all around. :beer2:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 12:29 AM
I was screaming at him many times tonight, just throw it!!!! On 2 of those sacks it was vintage Ben standing in the pocket too long and could have thrown it away. But when push comes to shove he made the plays and we know he is the only QB for the Steelers.

jnes1216
12-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Gutsy performance, started off slow but showed great resolve.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2010, 12:34 AM
Ben isn't always pretty but finds a way to win games.....He didn't get much help from his offense tonight and I include BA in there as well......Ben with a banged up foot, nose, patchwork OL, one TE, rookie WR's, backup RB found somehow yet again to make plays when it counted.....Of course having a defense when it plays like it did tonight helps a QB but Ben at times receives little help from his fellow offense.......I'll take #7 over any QB in the NFL......

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 12:37 AM
Ben isn't always pretty but finds a way to win games.....

He sure as hell wasn't pretty tonight..literally :lol:

SteelersGirlTN7
12-06-2010, 12:42 AM
Still in shock after the game!! You broke Ben's nose, Ravens, but you couldn't break his spirit!! GO STEELERS!!

I lost a few more days off my life .. LOL but it was worth it!

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2010, 12:47 AM
QUOTE=steelersbabex25;387400]He sure as hell wasn't pretty tonight..literally :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yea his nose sure wasn't pretty after Nagta almost ripped it off.........Ben did this samething in college....I'll never forget when Ben had his worst game of his college career.....His Miami of Ohio team was playing at Iowa when Iowa was a top 25 ranked team.......Miami's OL was vastly over-matched and was dominated which Ben was battered the entire game......Ben was hit and hit the entire game.....threw four picks but never gave up.......When Ben was at his worst he never gave up and right there it proved to me that he had the so called "it"..........What I mean is things always don't go right but you have to truck ahead and not give up.........Even though his team lost that day against Iowa and Ben got his *** kicked but he tried to do everything in his power to win that game........Looking back at Ben's NFL career he has had many moments like that but finds a way to get it done even when things are looking bleak......

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Big guy just toughed it out. No super heroic Peyton Manning lasers, no Michael Vick style runs for TD's, just the Ben that we love because unlike them Ben will be the last one standing, again.

SteelersWoman
12-06-2010, 03:27 AM
... you have to give it to Ben for sucking it up and getting this signature win.

It's so painful to just get hit hard in the nose--even if you don't break it! But there'll still be those who say that Ben is a drama queen. I've said it before, and I'll say it now--those are the ones I'd LOVE to see out there taking those hits ;)

JensK
12-06-2010, 06:49 AM
This was the kind of performance Ben needed, not only to win this game, but to win his reputation back as person and as a player. He went out there and gave his everything to win for this football team. That was truly inspiring to watch.

Blazedby92
12-06-2010, 09:20 AM
He is a huge DRAMA QUEEN but in the end he does his job.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 09:25 AM
He is a huge DRAMA QUEEN but in the end he does his job.

Please. Ben is no drama queen. That's something made up by the media because they (and the NFL) don't like him. Anyone that plays a full game with a broken foot and a broken nose is not dramatic. When he got hit in the nose, he went to the sideline, cleaned up the blood, and came back. He took it like a hockey player.

Zachintosh66
12-06-2010, 09:29 AM
should change his nickname to BIG BAD BEN

Zachintosh66
12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Ben is no Drama Queen... he has no OL and has to "make it happen" anyways and he does...

Toughest, Biggest, Baddest QB in the league, period... Imagine if he actually had protection or a OCord...

steelers4life66
12-06-2010, 12:49 PM
God I loved this article!:cope:

Terrell Owens (http://bleacherreport.com/terrell-owens) of the Cincinnati Benglas recently called Pittsburgh Steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers)' quarterback Ben Roethlisberger "soft". I wonder if he had a chance to watch the game Sunday night between the Steelers (http://bleacherreport.com/pittsburgh-steelers) and the Baltimore Ravens (http://bleacherreport.com/baltimore-ravens).
In a day and age where the quarterback position is protected by the officials to the fullest extent, Roethlisberger seems to be the exception. There was a play against the Buffalo Bills (http://bleacherreport.com/buffalo-bills) a few games ago, where Ben was sacked and seemed to be roughed up even after the whistle. Yet there was no flag on the play. Had it been Peyton Manning (http://bleacherreport.com/peyton-manning) or Tom Brady (http://bleacherreport.com/tom-brady) the result of the play might have been different.
That also seemed to be the play in which Roethlisberger injured his right foot, which was believed to be broken by many. Yet in that same game Big Ben, with an injured foot, r an for a first down on a third and 18. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K8Ln5TQjwo) A truly heroic play by Ben, who is willing to do anything for his team to win the game.
Then came the game against the Ravens on Sunday night. Ben already playing with a "broken foot", was hit in the nose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOEJaSuJ2CE) by Ravens' defensive lineman Haloti Ngata. This appeared to have broken Ben's nose, which looked crooked and was gushing blood. Yet there was no flag on the play. Blatant hands to the face, a quarterbacks face none the less and yet no flag on the play. Again, imagine if it were Manning or Brady instead of Ben.
Just like James Harrison, Roethlisberger is a target by many on the field and off. Ben is a very disliked person around the country. Most of the dislike stems from Ben's off the field incidents were he was accused of sexual crimes by two different females. Ben was not charged with a crime or even arrested in either case.

There also seems to be a a dislike towards Roethlisberger by some NFL (http://bleacherreport.com/nfl) fans because they think he's overrated. I hear a lot of talk by other fans that if their favorite qb the Steelers' defense or if their favorite quarterback were on the Steelers they would have multiple Super Bowls by now.
What they fail to realize is that the Steelers have had a Super Bowl caliber defense long before Ben was here. Yet they failed to win a Super Bowl mostly due to the lack of talent at the quarterback position. Ben put this team over the top mentally and physically.
What those same critics of Roethlisberger fail to mention is what Ben is forced to work with offensively. Against the Ravens, the Steelers lost yet another offensive lineman to injury when tackle Flozzell Adams left the game. After Adams left, the Steelers only had one official starting offensive lineman left in the game, playing with four backups.
That wasn't the only injury as Steelers' tight end Heath Miller left the game with a concussion. Miller took a vicious looking hit (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJK5xVei-i0)late in the third quarter and yet there was no flag. Miller is one of the most valuable players in the Steelers' offense because of his blocking and receiving abilities.
Ben's receivers weren't helping him out that much either. They were having trouble getting open for most of the night and dropped a few key passes.
With all that stacked against him, Roethlisberger kept playing and kept making plays. His stats weren't great last night, 22 of 38 for 253 yards, with one touchdown and one interception. But those stats don't show the whole story. Stats do not define Roethlisberger, they never had.
Roethlisberger is defined by his play in the clutch and for plays that do not show up on the stat sheet. Like the play last night when Terrell Suggs had Ben dead to rights for a sack, and yet somehow Ben fought him off to throw the ball a way, backhanded. I don't see any other qb in the NFL making that play.That play is the kind of play that defines Roethlisberger.
I also don't see any other qb surviving behind that offensive line. Brady and Manning are horrible when they actually get real pressure against them. Ben goes through that on a weekly basis. Ben has been sacked more than other any other qb in the NFL since 2004. He doesn't complain, it's almost as if he enjoys it.
On a team that always seems to be fighting some kind of adversity, they have a quarterback that seems to welcome it. They have a quarterback that will fight for them until he has almost anything left. That's what he did last night.
In a league where qbs are given special treatment. In league where the qbs are not supposed to be tough, Ben continues to be the exception. Other qbs might be more talented and have better stats, but I don't think any of them would fit this team better then Big Ben. It's a match made in heaven, the Steelers and their quarterback, the man of steel.
Link: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/535857-pittsburgh-steelers-quarterback-ben-roethlisberger-man-of-steel

Article by: By mad chad (http://bleacherreport.com/users/391316-mad-chad)

coldrolled
12-06-2010, 01:13 PM
Imagine if the OL was hurt this bad with Hartwig as center.....

Thank Christ for Pouncey...

LatrobePA
12-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Good stuff, thanks!!

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 02:42 PM

Amen! :yesnod::yesnod:

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Imagine if the OL was hurt this bad with Hartwig as center.....

God. Never even thought of that..

DanRooney
12-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Anyone else notice he's been overthrowing his receivers quite frequently since his return? I started pointing it out here and there throughout his first few games and then was on and off but last night it was pretty noticeable.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Anyone else notice he's been overthrowing his receivers quite frequently since his return? I started pointing it out here and there throughout his first few games and then was on and off but last night it was pretty noticeable.

Last night it was because of his foot. He wasn't able to plant it and that caused the overthrows. He got his groove back towards the end of the game though.