PDA

View Full Version : Redzone Redman

steelersbabex25
12-05-2010, 11:38 PM
This kid is officially my hero. Why he doesn't get more playing time, I don't know. Anyone who puts that much effort and picks up the game winning touchdown is the player of the game in my book. He needs to be the only running back ever in the game when the Steelers are in the redzone. Love him.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
He really has stepped it up 3 notches! I love that guy too! :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Redman absolutely had to make that play. He was just talking to Wolf and said he knew he had to make it in no matter what. Did you see Ray Lewis' face after he missed the tackle!!!

LarryNJ
12-05-2010, 11:41 PM
He is being showered with more love tonight than he has had his entire life. :)

SteelerEyeZ
12-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Redzone Redman....Great guy i actually Wrestled in HS at tourney with him ( not the same weight class) he was the 215 State Champion of NJ from Paulsoboro....Great to see a jersey guy do big things for the black and gold

BlitzburghRockCity
12-06-2010, 12:02 AM
Redzone Redman, man you just can't say enough about the kid. Fought through 2 or 3 tackles on a must have TD. Offense sputtering all night, couldn't punch it in and he took it on his shoulders and made the play. Man I love seeing Ray Lewis miss a tackle like that!

jnes1216
12-06-2010, 12:18 AM
He definitely made up for the fumble. He wasn't going to be denied.

A. Brown had some sweet grabs as well.

igor0190
12-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Redman should be getting 6-10 carries a game for sure...

Mendy is not exactly a power back and in a game dances around too much. He needs to hit the holes more even if they are non existent sometimes. Drive the pile.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2010, 12:55 AM
You need role players like Redman to win Super Bowls.........If he hadn't made the team then we don't win this game tonight.......He has that knack for not going down after first contact most of the time.....Redman just earned a special place in my Steelers fandom tonight.......

Troyisabeast_43
12-06-2010, 12:59 AM
The play of the year on offense for this Steelers team by Redman tonight what a gutsy effort to break 2 tackles and find a way to get in the end zone. So much for the Ravens streak of not allowing a turnover to result in a TD all season. That went down the toilet at the biggest time of the season and I loved every minute of it...

igor0190
12-06-2010, 01:06 AM
The play of the year on offense for this Steelers team by Redman tonight what a gutsy effort to break 2 tackles and find a way to get in the end zone. So much for the Ravens streak of not allowing a turnover to result in a TD all season. That went down the toilet at the biggest time of the season and I loved every minute of it...

Man it really was a great play by Redman!!

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio/videos/Redmans-touchdown-gives-Steelers-lead/50cc169a-ab48-4a69-a3cf-66ec9cb7c6b8

SteelersWoman
12-06-2010, 03:21 AM
You need role players like Redman to win Super Bowls.........If he hadn't made the team then we don't win this game tonight.......

I loved his style of play from the first time I saw him, and thought he had potential for great playmaking, and said as much. A lot of people on this forum thought this kid was just a flash in the pan, and compared him unfavorably to several draft busts in the past--and took great delight in making fun of the few early Redman fans on here every chance they got.

He's now made several key plays this season for us--and every single time he does, I can't help but smile as I imagine them eating their words (if they're humble enough to do so) or imagine their excuses if they're still hanging on the "fact" that he'll amount to nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, even if he never made another play, the one he made tonight was worth the whole thing. He was instrumental in helping us get a win that we REALLY needed to get.

Blazedby92
12-06-2010, 03:32 AM
All I can say to all the haters of last year and this year, I TOLD YOU SO, only thing the kid can't do the mendy can is run fast around the edge but Redman doesn't lack speed and doesn't shy away from contact or short arm a ball so he doesn't get hit,the kid can play, he may not be the next hall of famer but he is good.

Mr. Goosemahn
12-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Definitely made up for his fumble, even though we didn't lose it. That TD catch-and-run reminded me of at TD he had vs. the Panthers last year during preseason.

2:10 mark.

gWqZHD8v9YM

Captcoolhand
12-06-2010, 06:05 AM
Funny how you still don't hear from those here that thought this guy was a Bust.....:rofl:

Let me restate that.....They said he was a bust, nevermind the thought of it.

steelers4life66
12-06-2010, 06:11 AM
All I can say to all the haters of last year and this year, I TOLD YOU SO, only thing the kid can't do the mendy can is run fast around the edge but Redman doesn't lack speed and doesn't shy away from contact or short arm a ball so he doesn't get hit,the kid can play, he may not be the next hall of famer but he is good.

I'm with ya friend. I said the same thing last year when he didn't make the cut and was called out for it, cuz I called him a little bus.....We told you guys so... :bigfinger:

LarryNJ
12-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Redzone Redman....Great guy i actually Wrestled in HS at tourney with him ( not the same weight class) he was the 215 State Champion of NJ from Paulsoboro....Great to see a jersey guy do big things for the black and gold

There was another Jersey guy who did big things for the Steelers, he wore number 32. :)

I didn't know Redman was from Paulsboro. That's a wrestling powerhouse school. Did him and Flacco play against each other in HS?

jnes1216
12-06-2010, 10:30 AM
I loved his style of play from the first time I saw him, and thought he had potential for great playmaking, and said as much. A lot of people on this forum thought this kid was just a flash in the pan, and compared him unfavorably to several draft busts in the past--and took great delight in making fun of the few early Redman fans on here every chance they got.

He's now made several key plays this season for us--and every single time he does, I can't help but smile as I imagine them eating their words (if they're humble enough to do so) or imagine their excuses if they're still hanging on the "fact" that he'll amount to nothing.

As far as I'm concerned, even if he never made another play, the one he made tonight was worth the whole thing. He was instrumental in helping us get a win that we REALLY needed to get.

:plus1::plus1::plus1:

Ibleedblk&gld
12-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Funny how you still don't hear from those here that thought this guy was a Bust.....:rofl:

Amen...he showed his potential last preseason and hardly anyone on here believed in him..I'm ecstatic to see him succeed to shut all of the doubters up

JensK
12-06-2010, 10:52 AM

I'll admit that I did not think Redman would contribute at all this year. Luckily, I was mistaken :)

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Incredible play, he broke 2 sure tackles. I watched the video 5 times in a row and still don't know how he willed himself into the endzone.

Rampage
12-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Redman is doing very well with the opportunities that he is being given. I would have thought that getting stuffed on some short yardage plays and fumbling would have got to his head. It didn't and he came up big for the team. Hopefully he continues to play this way.

steelersbabex25
12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Incredible play, he broke 2 sure tackles. I watched the video 5 times in a row and still don't know how he willed himself into the endzone.

He would not be denied. There's no way he was going down unless he was going down in the end zone.