PDA

View Full Version : How good are the Steelers?

Clevelandsux
12-04-2010, 08:24 PM
Guess we'll find out sunday night. We started out the season strong. No bigben, no problem. Then sometime after the Cleveland game, we got wishy washy. Lost to 2 very good teams in the Saints and Patriots decisively. Barely hung on to beat the Bengals, Bills and Dolphins. Blew out the Raiders.

Yes, we're winning. But come on! We need a very solid performance sunday night. Although I won't be surprised it if it will be a close game. Just as long as we win.

Steelers_All_Day_43
12-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I hate how all of our games are close. I wish our offense would step up, like in the San Diego game last year.

We are a good team, but we need to get it together soon, or we'll be one & done

steelersbabex25
12-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Close games are the Steelers style. They rarely blow teams out of the water. I actually have a shirt that lists all the close games they had from the 2008 season when they won the superbowl.

Baltimore-Winning FG-Overtime - 3:56 in OT
Jacksonville-Winning TD-4th Quarter - 1:53 left to play
San Diego-Winning FG-4th Quarter - :15 left to play
Dallas-Winning TD-4th Quarter - 1:51 left to play
Baltimore-Winning TD-4th Quarter - :43 left to play

WHO CARES if they play in close games as long as they win them?

Farrior Fan
12-04-2010, 09:20 PM
We are way better than oakland and way worse than NE. Although I think if we would have gameplanned a whole lot better vs. NE it would have been closer.

Clevelandsux
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Our offense and defense need to step up.Offense needs to put up some points. Defense needs to put teams away!

Dean Denton
12-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Well, we know this team is better then 8 other teams....:)

franchise3
12-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Without Arians and with #91, we would be one of the best; but now we are just above the average IMO

Steel Trap86
12-05-2010, 08:02 AM
Close games are the Steelers style. They rarely blow teams out of the water. I actually have a shirt that lists all the close games they had from the 2008 season when they won the superbowl.

Baltimore-Winning FG-Overtime - 3:56 in OT
Jacksonville-Winning TD-4th Quarter - 1:53 left to play
San Diego-Winning FG-4th Quarter - :15 left to play
Dallas-Winning TD-4th Quarter - 1:51 left to play
Baltimore-Winning TD-4th Quarter - :43 left to play

WHO CARES if they play in close games as long as they win them?

lol remember when they blew the RAVENS out of the water a couple years ago on Monday night? Ben had 5 TD passes in the first half, 2 of them to Holmes, 2 to Washington and 1 to Miller. I think I glanced at the score when Ed Reed was being helped off the field after Ward blew his *** up, it was 35-7 at halftime! lol :postal:

coldrolled
12-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Without Arians and with #91, we would be one of the best; but now we are just above the average IMO

:plus1:

Clevelandsux
12-05-2010, 12:33 PM
lol remember when they blew the RAVENS out of the water a couple years ago on Monday night? Ben had 5 TD passes in the first half, 2 of them to Holmes, 2 to Washington and 1 to Miller. I think I glanced at the score when Ed Reed was being helped off the field after Ward blew his *** up, it was 35-7 at halftime! lol :postal:

That was billicks last season as coach. I think they finished 5-11 that year.

I think our defense is going to have to make some big plays to win it. Especially with Ben being injured.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
That was billicks last season as coach. I think they finished 5-11 that year.

I think our defense is going to have to make some big plays to win it. Especially with Ben being injured.

The defense is definintely going to have to score in this game. That's ok...I love defensive scores. I just hope it doesn't get called back by officials for not being polite enough and saying please when we take the ball away! :grin1: :stirpot:

Root4Stlrs
12-05-2010, 12:45 PM

That was a great game. Harrison had so many great plays. But Steve McNair was QB and he was at the end of his career and couldn't throw the ball more than 10 yards.

JensK
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Here is a fun fact: In the last 40 years, Steelers have had at least one linebacker in the pro bowl 32 times. 8 years without a LB in pro bowl out of 40... I'll take it!

Rampage
12-05-2010, 02:47 PM
The Steelers need to win at least one of the games over these two weeks. Not for a playoff berth, but to see that they can actually beat a quality team. Since the opening game against the Falcons this team has not beat anyone better than mediocre. They need to pull one out against a playoff caliber team to show that they are dangerous.

SteelDad
12-05-2010, 02:57 PM
We've beaten Atlanta and Tennessee(when they were full strength), Tampa Bay and Miami. Of that group, I'd say only the Falcons are a 'top team.' Titans are in the tank, TB has not beaten anyone with a winning record and Miami is like Jekyll and Hyde. Meanwhile we have losses to NO, Baltimore, and NE. A win tonight is crucial if we expect to be one of these so-called 'top teams.' Therefore, how good we are will be settled tonight for sure.

franchise3
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
The Steelers need to win at least one of the games over these two weeks. Not for a playoff berth, but to see that they can actually beat a quality team. Since the opening game against the Falcons this team has not beat anyone better than mediocre. They need to pull one out against a playoff caliber team to show that they are dangerous.

They play Cinci at home next week. I guess you meant Jets game, right?

Clevelandsux
12-05-2010, 04:59 PM
Well we can't lose to Cincy.

--- Added 12/5/2010 at 03:59 PM ---

And I'm glad we are winning, but we are not playing ball....at all. I think penalties have had alot to do with it. But, we must step up! And do it tonight!

Moondog
12-05-2010, 05:12 PM
I have a hard time figuring this current Steeler team out. I'm all amped up for this game as it draws near but not as confident as I was earlier in the season, even earlier this week. I wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers win tonight, but also, I wouldn't be surprised if they lose. I think both teams are a little overrated.....I'm just gonna sit back and relax(if that's possible during Steelers/Rats) and see how it unfolds because I can't really get a definite feel for this game or team.

* One good thing is I felt a lot like this about the 2008 Steelers also and we all know how that ended up!!!!!!!! :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :helmet: :yellowthumb:

Rampage
12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
They play Cinci at home next week. I guess you meant Jets game, right?

Yeah, I bumbled that one. :lol:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-05-2010, 05:23 PM
One thing we know is that they are battle tested so far this year. 4 games with out Ben, and they 3-1. 3 straight on the road and they go 2-1. They've won blowouts and close games, and have had alittle luck now and then too. We'll see tonight how good they are. The biggest game of the year to date, hostile environment, cold, the division lead on the line. They know what's up , now it's time to see if they can seize the moment.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-05-2010, 06:30 PM
We are as good as the offensive line plays in any given game

Rampage
12-05-2010, 06:45 PM
We are as good as the offensive line plays in any given game

We're boned.

Farrior Fan
12-05-2010, 07:38 PM
I think we will find out just how good we are tonight. If we play with emotion and the patchwork o line can keep the Ravens out of the backfield we win and I really think we are dangerous. As long as someone else knocks off the Pats in the playoffs we can hang with anyone.

steelersbabex25
12-05-2010, 11:36 PM
REALLY GOOD. :woot:

StlersGuy
12-05-2010, 11:44 PM
I'm calling it right now this is the year for number 7...

7 time champions (i like the sound of that)

*Sent from my HTC EVO using the Now Network using Tapatalk Pro.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-05-2010, 11:46 PM
We are as good as our QB and our D!! Our O-line is working on it though--hope Flo is ok

Scorp
12-05-2010, 11:47 PM

We've all been saying it StlersGuy. This can and very well could be our year. We're good enough to be number one baby!!!!:cope:

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 01:23 AM
How good are we? As long as #7 can play we are better than the Ravens

Rampage
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM

I'm calling this: This team gets seven this year, Goodell pitches a heart attack. Write it down.

StlersGuy
12-07-2010, 10:36 AM
He will find a way to fine us and remove the championship

Ibleedblk&gld
12-07-2010, 11:20 AM

for those that don't remember the ward hit, see my avatar :D

Scorp
12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
All i know is should the Steelers and Patriots meet in the AFC championship, they better be ready and they better bring their A game and hell with them cause the Patriots are f-in up the competition.

LatrobePA
12-07-2010, 11:43 AM
Lets not look past the bungles!

How good are we?? Bottom of the top 5...

Scorp
12-07-2010, 11:46 AM
4 games to go. Should close it out or go down once more. We'll see. 3 straight home games sounds good to me.