PDA

View Full Version : Defense is back to form !

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2006, 03:45 PM
We just wanted this game more, plain and simple we came to play today ! The defense was all over Weinke. He did complete some passes but overall he was either on his back or running for his life all day long. Hats off to our front 7 for pressuring the panthers all day long and our DB's kept Steve Smith in check which was key. Stopping their run was key, with 7 minutes to go they have about 30 yds rushing for the day.

McFadden, Smith and the rest of secondary was all over the field making good clean hits, and jamming the WR's all day long. This is the defense we've been expecting all year and has been finally showing up here in the last 4 games or so. They'll need to keep up and then some for these last 2 games because the ratbirds and bungals are on tap and we can really do some playoff damage to them.

As of right now we've only allowed 1 TD in the last 12 quarters !

PITT23
12-17-2006, 03:49 PM
They're really playing well as a unit, too bad it took until the last month of the season to do it. Things look good for next year though.

Hburg
12-17-2006, 04:20 PM
BLITZBURGH IS BACK!!

Weinke was either on his back or running scared!

Our secondary looked stronger today and the D-Line was putting pressure all day long. The Panthers just didn't click all day. They were making dumb mistakes or just giving up plays to us.......great to be on the other side of those mistakes....:grin:

If this was supposed to be the super bowl.....we won amazingly!

BuFu

House of Steel
12-17-2006, 09:54 PM
I wish it was, Bufu. I truly wish it was.

K Train
12-17-2006, 09:56 PM
our defense is back to form....and our best defensive player isnt even playing

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Great point Train !! Our best defensive player wasn't even on the field and we still kicked their ***, what a testament all of our players and Dick Lebeau !

House of Steel
12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
I really admire Dick LeBeau, he is about as good as a coach as Bill Cowher is. He is truly what makes this team click and the identity. Blitzburgh orbits around LeBeau.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Lebeau is the original master of the zone blitz, everybody in the league that runs it now, got it from him; the guy is truely amazing !

K Train
12-17-2006, 11:49 PM
theres not a person out there that could run a zone blitz like he can....hes miles ahead of everyone

AZ_Steeler
12-18-2006, 08:30 AM
The defense is definetly looking awesome it's just to bad they didn't show up earlier this year! Things are looking good for next year though!! :cope:

House of Steel
12-18-2006, 09:31 AM
I watched some highlights of the game on ESPN, I was hooting and hollering deep inside me and I was pumping my fist. I am telling you I haven't been this fired up all season long. This is the kind of Steelers Football I love so much. This is the real reason to why I became a fan of Blitzburgh 22 years ago. This is our identity, this is how the Steelers are defined in the NFL. We are a mean, lean stuff the steel down the throats machine. Damn it feels good. :tt02: :tt02: :cope: :cope: :towel: :towel: :towelwave: :towelwave:

gunnerrick
12-18-2006, 10:27 AM
We need the defense to keep playing this way against the ravens. Every victory helps and it is one step closer to the playoffs. it is not out of the question. We just need some things to fall our way. But we have to take care of business first. :helmet:

Steelerlyn
12-18-2006, 12:01 PM
Yeah, Rick, quite a few things to fall :bigthumb: :banana: our way, but it is not out of the question, as you say.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2006, 12:55 PM
I watched some highlights of the game on ESPN, I was hooting and hollering deep inside me and I was pumping my fist. I am telling you I haven't been this fired up all season long. This is the kind of Steelers Football I love so much. This is the real reason to why I became a fan of Blitzburgh 22 years ago. This is our identity, this is how the Steelers are defined in the NFL. We are a mean, lean stuff the steel down the throats machine. Damn it feels good. :tt02: :tt02: :cope: :cope: :towel: :towel: :towelwave: :towelwave:

After a year where we haven't had much to cheer about up until the last month, it feels all the more better to be playing well again !