PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Smith gets an ear full

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Anthony Smith intercepted Chris Weinke early in the 4th quarter which was great ! He had a solid game again and may have nailed down that starting spot as safety...but right after the interception he started doing this ridiculous dance and goes out of bounds instead of trying to run it back. Dick Lebeau ran over to him and let him have it !!! :eek: He made a great interception and then forgot he had to keep playing !

He definately learned a lesson today, no matter what the score or what you do, keep playing !

Hburg
12-17-2006, 05:27 PM
I wish I could have seen that dance! If anyone knows where a clip of it is let me know! He learned a lesson, he made a rookie mistake but at least he didn't hurt the team like Plexiglass did when it came to stupid "shoulda kept playing" moves.

Dick let him have it, he wants his defense to not only make big turnovers but to make those turnovers hurt!

BuFu

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2006, 05:40 PM
I saw a brief replay of if because damn CBS went off and switched to the Jax game :cursin: Smith learned a lesson but after he got yelled out everyone settled down and starting laughing about it so it's all good.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes Anthony Smith ****ed up when he did that. But he still made an hell of play and I really like this kid.

Hburg
12-17-2006, 05:58 PM
I saw a brief replay of if because damn CBS went off and switched to the Jax game :cursin: Smith learned a lesson but after he got yelled out everyone settled down and starting laughing about it so it's all good.

I was pissed they switched the game!! I wish I coulda seen it I'm sure it was hilarious now in retrospect.

Yes Anthony Smith ****ed up when he did that. But he still made an hell of play and I really like this kid.

I love him, I saw his potential in the preseason and next year if it's Polomalu/Smith as the safeties in the secondary it's gonna be scary good!

BuFu

Black@Gold Forever32
12-17-2006, 06:11 PM
I was pissed they switched the game!! I wish I coulda seen it I'm sure it was hilarious now in retrospect.

I love him, I saw his potential in the preseason and next year if it's Polomalu/Smith as the safeties in the secondary it's gonna be scary good!

BuFu

H-Burg I liked this kid at Syracuse. He was the stand out on some bad teams. He always had a nose for the ball. Plus in his college career he blocked six kicks.

BR7
12-17-2006, 06:29 PM
I wish I could have seen that dance! If anyone knows where a clip of it is let me know! He learned a lesson, he made a rookie mistake but at least he didn't hurt the team like Plexiglass did when it came to stupid "shoulda kept playing" moves.

Dick let him have it, he wants his defense to not only make big turnovers but to make those turnovers hurt!

BuFu

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NCCB11312172154.jpg
Pittsburgh Steelers' Anthony Smith celebrates an interception in the fourth quarter against the Carolina Panthers in an NFL football game in Charlotte, N.C., Sunday, Dec. 17, 2006. The Steelers won 37-3. (AP Photo/Mike McCarn)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/photo?photoId=1387392&team=pit

Not exactly a video, but I'm sure one will surface in a few days. The whole time I watched that crap, I'm thinking.. "wtf ARE YOU doing? umm.. the endzone is uh.. 70 yards further down the field?"

There wasn't a good shot of the action in front of him, so I have no clue why he danced like Deion out of bounds.. looked like he could have returned that more.

Hburg
12-17-2006, 06:30 PM
H-Burg I liked this kid at Syracuse. He was the stand out on some bad teams. He always had a nose for the ball. Plus in his college career he blocked six kicks.

I heard he was good at Syracuse, but I don't follow college ball too much so my first time seeing him was in this preseason where he again was a standout. He looks to be a good player for us as we make him into an NFL all-star.

BuFu

Hburg
12-17-2006, 06:36 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/NCCB11312172154.jpg
Pittsburgh Steelers' Anthony Smith celebrates an interception in the fourth quarter against the Carolina Panthers in an NFL football game in Charlotte, N.C., Sunday, Dec. 17, 2006. The Steelers won 37-3. (AP Photo/Mike McCarn)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/teams/photo?photoId=1387392&team=pit

Not exactly a video, but I'm sure one will surface in a few days. The whole time I watched that crap, I'm thinking.. "wtf ARE YOU doing? umm.. the endzone is uh.. 70 yards further down the field?"

There wasn't a good shot of the action in front of him, so I have no clue why he danced like Deion out of bounds.. looked like he could have returned that more.

Thanks man, I'm guessing he just got excited and forgot about that 70 yards he could have gone for a touchdown....prolly wanted his chance to be an NFL star a bit too much too soon but it's all good, he'll only keep getting better.

BuFu

BR7
12-17-2006, 06:51 PM
This is what he looked like he 'should' have been doing, lol..

http://www.eacustomcovers.com/_misc/pizza.jpg

Hburg
12-17-2006, 07:08 PM
Well......the Steelers sure did deliver today! :lol:

I only wish Smith was the guy who would deliver my next pizza!

BuFu

SteelersGirlTN7
12-17-2006, 10:04 PM

Isnt it a nice feeling to be on the winning end of a game, where CBS turns it off to take you "to a more competitive contest" ??? LOL

BlitzburghRockCity
12-17-2006, 10:09 PM
Sure is girl, It's about time :tt02:

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2006, 02:04 AM
:lol: :lol:

http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20061218wap_fbn_asmith_intPJ_450.jpg

AZ_Steeler
12-18-2006, 09:20 AM
It was a rookie mistake and besides it was his second int in 2 weeks!! Give the dude a break Dick! :D

:cope:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-18-2006, 10:21 AM
Man Smith made a great play. Anthony should teach Joey Porter had to catch a football. That was the only mistake the Steelers made yesterday when Joey dropped that easy pick.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-18-2006, 01:53 PM
I think Smith needs to work on those facial expressions though, he looks like he just ran head first into a wall ! :lol:

Hburg
12-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't care what Anthony Smith's face looks like, he could look like the elephant man for all I care. If it means that he gets at least one pick each week he can paint his face like Gene Simmons!

BuFu