PDA

View Full Version : Nobody is picking the Steelers this week to win...

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2010, 04:15 PM
And that's perfectly fine with me seeing that everywhere I have read online or so on ESPN or NFL Network everybody has picked the Ravens to win this game mostly because of the Ben injury and that the Ravens are at home and play very good at home. I think this is a very good thing and a very dangerous thing for the Ravens. When the Steelers are the underdog and nobody picks them to win or gives them much of a chance is when they come out and play their best game and more times then not they win.

The Ravens I think if you read their message boards and see how their fans are preparing for this game are making this game out to be a little bit bigger then it really is. I mean they are having a purple out in Baltimore and passing out Purple Towels to everyone as well. They are really putting everything on the line in this one game against the Steelers this week and seem to be putting all their eggs in one basket which sometimes can work against you I think. The Steelers I feel are not doing this because they have been here before and have played in these kinds of games the last few years more so then the Ravens have and have won them as well. So while this is a huge game dont get me wrong the Steelers arent treating it as a do or die game like it appears the Ravens are in Baltimore. They know that while losing this game would hurt that there are still 4 games left in the season and that it's not like getting knocked out of the playoffs and having your season end. That's the way I feel the Ravens team and their fans are approaching this game and that could come back to bite them in the end I believe. Im glad nobody is picking the Steelers to win this game with the Ben injury and everything. It will make it that much sweeter when the Steelers go in their Sunday night and shut that crowd up and take the division right from the Ravens right in their own backyard. I cant wait for this game baby 2 more days to go let's get it on fellas!!!

Lunchbucket
12-03-2010, 04:26 PM
Nice article Troyisabeast_43,Seems adversity will bring this team together,I like it when we are dogs in a hostle field,there is nothing sweeter than the sound of a silent stadium.GO STEELERS

igor0190
12-03-2010, 04:32 PM
I win in this game would be unbelievably sweet
:cope:

Raleigh Steel
12-03-2010, 04:56 PM
so basically we have everything to gain and nothing to lose....i like it!

LarryNJ
12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
The message boards, media picks, what the city and even front office is doing to hype the game means nothing. They have good coaches and experienced players that have been here before.

Do you really think that the Ravens players and coaches look at it the same way as their fans? You're grasping at straws.

jnes1216
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
The message boards, media picks, what the city and even front office is doing to hype the game means nothing. They have good coaches and experienced players that have been here before.

Do you really think that the Ravens players and coaches look at it the same way as their fans? You're grasping at straws.

I have to agree.

The fans in Balt. will definitely be rowdy though. It may only affect our off. line and if they can hear audibles, etc. I don't want some LAME excuse by our coach that the team wasn't prepared for the noise like last time.

LatrobePA
12-03-2010, 05:54 PM
Good, I hope no one picks us to win the rest of the year!!

Troyisabeast_43
12-03-2010, 05:58 PM
I have to agree.

The fans in Balt. will definitely be rowdy though. It may only affect our off. line and if they can hear audibles, etc. I don't want some LAME excuse by our coach that the team wasn't prepared for the noise like last time.

Tomlin and Arians will need to be on top of their game in all areas especially playcalling,game and clock management,and timeout usage as well. If Tomlin and Arians fail to do these things a lot better then they have been doing them all season the Steelers chances of losing this game are very very good...If the Steelers dont use no-huddle in this game 40-50 percent of the time seeing that it's one of the Ravens huge weaknesses then they are just plain dumb and ignorant and have no clue what they are doing. Arians typical BS gameplanning and Tomlin's half *** clock management and bad challenges and poor usage of timeouts will not cut it this week. All of it has to be damn near perfect to give the Steelers the best chance to win this game because if it isnt the Steelers most likely will walk of Baltimore Sunday a loser...

LatrobePA
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
Flacco is due for a stinker!! 3 picks, 1 for 6....

mwittman5
12-03-2010, 07:13 PM
the ravens stadium will not be louder than the Saints game. The saints play in a dome and those fans were especially rowdy since it was halloween.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-03-2010, 07:17 PM
that's great? the ravens really suck.

Zachintosh66
12-03-2010, 07:24 PM
Nobody is picking the Steelers this week to win...

thats the way i like it...

Big T
12-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Even I'm not picking the steelers to win. I'm just not optimistic about this game. I REALLY hope they prove me wrong.

JensK
12-03-2010, 07:40 PM
I know people here are busy on bashing Flacco and the Ravens in general, but the Ravens are playing as well as the Steelers at the moment, and Flacco is having a pretty good year. Furthermore, it appears that Ravens pass defense is much better than anticipated - they are currently ranked 7th in the league. Compared, we're ranked 22th. They are not playing very well outside of Baltimore, but yeah.... We're sort of playing them in their house. I want to win this as bad as every other member here, but Steelers is going to play the best game of the year, by far, in order to win this.

steelchamp204
12-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Yea this is A HUGE game. Whoever wins this has a 87% chance of winning the north. So Yea, its big.

Diamondhead
12-03-2010, 08:07 PM
This is the way it should be. Steelers. Ravens. Division on the line.

Honestly, it makes one wonder why we keep the Bengals and Browns around. They should just make the AFC North a two team division and send Cleveland and Cincy to the NFC West, AKA, 'Land of misfit teams.'

nuclearchihuahuas
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
thats the way i like it...

Yep! Me too. :reddevil:

--- Added 12/3/2010 at 06:36 PM ---

I know people here are busy on bashing Flacco and the Ravens in general, but the Ravens are playing as well as the Steelers at the moment, and Flacco is having a pretty good year. Furthermore, it appears that Ravens pass defense is much better than anticipated - they are currently ranked 7th in the league. Compared, we're ranked 22th. They are not playing very well outside of Baltimore, but yeah.... We're sort of playing them in their house. I want to win this as bad as every other member here, but Steelers is going to play the best game of the year, by far, in order to win this.

I agree. I am totally worried about the O-line. I am hoping to see a lot of Essex at TE for extra protection. If Ben really can't move around like I keep hearing, this could be very bad for him and us!

SteelDad
12-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Hate to break the mojo, but Peter King has us winning at www.si.com....

I do love the underdog role though.

Clevelandsux
12-03-2010, 08:52 PM
The last 3 times we lost to the Ravens, Ben didn't play.

steelersbabex25
12-03-2010, 09:35 PM
The only reason that the Ravens are favored is because of home field advantage. Although I also like the Steelers being the underdog.

lloydfan4life
12-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Nobody is picking the Steelers this week to win...

:imhere: I am! :cope:

Scorp
12-03-2010, 11:38 PM
They think now that the nfl has got their stupid eye on them the Steelers are going to play chicken **** football. Nfl is in for a surprise. As for commentators, they believe Steelers are to injured prone to win. But Steelers are going to show they are just tired and damn right fed up with all of the nfl's bs.

Woodson_DownUnder
12-03-2010, 11:56 PM
The last 3 times we lost to the Ravens, Ben didn't play.

Big Ben is 7-2 against the Ravens. Also Yahoo NFL's very own Jason Cole has been on FIRE this season with his LOCKS of the Week. Didn't hesitate picking the Steelers this week. :yesnod: :tt02:

Scorp
12-04-2010, 12:02 AM
Big Ben is 7-2 against the Ravens. Also Yahoo NFL's very own Jason Cole has been on FIRE this season with his LOCKS of the Week. Didn't hesitate picking the Steelers this week. :yesnod: :tt02:

Only 1 of those wins was in Baltimore. But i like the 7 alot more. :yellowthumb: Whip that *** Steelers!!!!!!:cope:

BlacknGold Bleeder
12-04-2010, 12:36 AM
I like the STEELERS to win,love the under dog role,we always seem to play better that way !! BTW I don't think Falco has a winning record against us...:tt02::tt02::tt02:

LatrobePA
12-04-2010, 01:03 AM
I know they are 5-0 at home, but every game I watched them play there was close...I think 5-1 sounds better!!

coldrolled
12-04-2010, 09:02 AM
I know they are 5-0 at home, but every game I watched them play there was close...I think 5-1 sounds better!!

espn goes by us losing to pats, saints, ravens... ot atlanta game 1

we cant beat a good team... thats what they say..

LatrobePA
12-04-2010, 01:08 PM

True!

But we did beat the Bills (barely)! hahahahahahahaha

Clevelandsux
12-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Well why would they? The Ravens are at home, and we've been playing like ****. Time for our guys to step up!

steelersbabex25
12-04-2010, 09:32 PM
Emmanuel Sanders: When a Dream Becomes Reality Touched down in Baltimore. The fire in everybody's eyes is inspiring. 100% focus on the biggest game of the year.

Hope he's right!

Clevelandsux
12-04-2010, 10:48 PM

But however we DID beat Atlanta, who maybe the best team in the NFL, certainly the NFC. And won without bigben.

--- Added 12/4/2010 at 08:42 PM ---

This is the way it should be. Steelers. Ravens. Division on the line.

Honestly, it makes one wonder why we keep the Bengals and Browns around. They should just make the AFC North a two team division and send Cleveland and Cincy to the NFC West, AKA, 'Land of misfit teams.'

Well didn't cincy win the division last year?

--- Added 12/4/2010 at 08:48 PM ---

Even I'm not picking the steelers to win. I'm just not optimistic about this game. I REALLY hope they prove me wrong.

I disagree. I don't think the Steelers are going to let the Ravens beat us twice. I think we'll win, probably a close game. If we had Roethlisberger the first game, we woulda won.

If the Ravens lose this game, it won't be the end of the world for them. They can still win the division. If we lose, there is an 87% we won't win it. We'd lose all tiebreakers etc. The Steelers know this could be there season. They don't want to be a wildcard team.

Farrior Fan
12-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Any chance we can get the know it alls to pick the Bungles over us next week?