PDA

View Full Version : Clark: We're going to hit harder since they'll fine us anyways

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2010, 11:12 AM
Just a tweet last night from Ryan Clark,

News Break: Steeler D will protest this Sunday in the wake of #92 latest fine by hitting harder and more vicious. Since they fine either way.

He got some hate tweets from some tards who complained that he wants to hit people in the head, so he tweeted again saying that he never said he wants to hit people in the head but that he will still play and fast like he always does.

It's clear the defense is fed up with the fines and the way the officials are calling the game. Basically they are of the mindset, if you're going to fine us we might as well make it worth our while and play the way we've always played. They aren't backing down, and it's probably a safe bet that the Ravens aren't going to play any less violent than they play either. This game coming up is going to be fun to watch because the physical nature of the rivalry is going to be higher than usual.

steelersgal86
12-01-2010, 11:25 AM
News Break: Steeler D will protest this Sunday in the wake of #92 latest fine by hitting harder and more vicious. Since they fine either way.

:woot: just what we need for this game :woot:

Scorp
12-01-2010, 11:28 AM
The defense should have been fed up after the 1st or 2nd time. Steelers football should be back to championship calibur and they are taking no prisoners. Let the haters hate cause they no once the Steelers get into the playoffs, it's over. Nobody wants to play the Steelers in the playoffs.

PsychoWard
12-01-2010, 11:46 AM
Coming from Clark i am sure he will back up his comments!!

Lunchbucket
12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
Just a tweet last night from Ryan Clark,

He got some hate tweets from some tards who complained that he wants to hit people in the head, so he tweeted again saying that he never said he wants to hit people in the head but that he will still play and fast like he always does.

It's clear the defense is fed up with the fines and the way the officials are calling the game. Basically they are of the mindset, if you're going to fine us we might as well make it worth our while and play the way we've always played. They aren't backing down, and it's probably a safe bet that the Ravens aren't going to play any less violent than they play either. This game coming up is going to be fun to watch because the physical nature of the rivalry is going to be higher than usual.

:tt02:Best news I heard all day,Hope we show King Roger this is a man's game:helmet:Looking forward to Sunday night:clap:

Steel Trap86
12-01-2010, 11:52 AM
That's what I like to hear, so lets see it.

steelersbabex25
12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
:woot: Love that coming from a hard hitter like Clark. Play the game like it's supposed to be played.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-01-2010, 02:59 PM
Good and I'm glad......I don't care if our defense ends careers.....I'm fed up with Fuhrer Goodell and all of his BS......I want to see Squats To Pee Flacco drink his food through a straw..........Take out Justin Bieber led Pats in the play-offs and again I don't care if they take Brady out for good.........Sick of Fuhrer and his soft version of the NFL he wants so bad to attract the casual fans and fantasy football type fans........

Rampage
12-01-2010, 03:17 PM
That is the right attitude.

Common sense. Ryan Clark has it.

igor0190
12-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I want to see Squats To Pee Flacco drink his food through a straw..........Take out Justin Bieber led Pats in the play-offs and again I don't care if they take Brady out for good.....

Ohh how I would love to see one of our LB's take Faggo and Tom Beiber out of the game with a vicious but completely legal clean hit that not even Roger Goofball could fine them for. :lol:

I can dream, can't I?

SnakeEyes43
12-01-2010, 04:23 PM
I love the attitude, but it's not just fines, there is also the penalty of suspension as well. I'm sure if Harrison does anything flagrent he will be suspended at least one game. The calls agaisnt him have been B.S., but we need everyone on this team the rest of the year if we are going to win this division and cause havoc in the postseaon.

Rampage
12-01-2010, 04:52 PM
Honestly, I'd be lying if I hadn't wondered what would happen if the Steelers as a whole just sat out a game in protest to these fines. Go to the stadium, warm up, do the coin toss, then leave right at kickoff. A nice "so there" to the NFL. Couldn't be a better opportunity. A highly touted division game with meaningfulness to the playoffs on a national night slot. It would never happen, it would be stupid, but I would like the premise of hitting Goodell right in the wallet.

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 05:05 PM
Yes speaking out saying this will help, NOT!!

Just f'n play football and quit feeding the media!!

Rampage
12-01-2010, 05:16 PM
Yes speaking out saying this will help, NOT!!

Just f'n play football and quit feeding the media!!

This will help.

Not.

http://aphs.worldnomads.com/homeless_harry/2264/borat.jpg

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 05:18 PM
This will help.

Not.

LOL, he's "nuts"!!

coldrolled
12-01-2010, 05:41 PM
looks like a younger cousin of howard stern...

75Steeler
12-01-2010, 05:44 PM
:danceshout: Can't wait to see those hits on Sunday night!

nuclearchihuahuas
12-01-2010, 07:43 PM
I hope the entire defense hits so hard its heard in NFL headquarters. Of course, Goodell will probably suspend the whole defense LOL! :eek1:

Scorp
12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
This will help.

Not.

Just so you know this is not Scorp......It's lloyd. :hehheh:

Diamondhead
12-01-2010, 10:25 PM
looks like a younger cousin of howard stern...

That's very possible considering their common lineage.

Farrior Fan
12-01-2010, 10:34 PM
that looks like a nut slingshot.

rufus1966
12-02-2010, 01:07 AM
Go get em ryan and the D.Huge game this week....

Scorp
12-02-2010, 02:16 AM
:danceshout: Can't wait to see those hits on Sunday night!

Clark: We're going to hit harder since they'll fine us anyways.

All i have to say is "Catch Em And Kill Em Boys.".....:postal:

Rampage
12-02-2010, 11:13 AM
that looks like a nut slingshot.

Mankini, get it right. :lol:

andyg1984
12-02-2010, 12:39 PM
sounds cool and all, but i wonder if this will make him even less effective as a centerfielder

BlitzburghRockCity
12-03-2010, 08:50 AM
If there aren't a bunch of flags thrown in this game I'll be totally shocked. If there was ever a game where the officials might as well just flag every play, it's this one.

Blazedby92
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
sounds cool and all, but i wonder if this will make him even less effective as a centerfielder

Who Clark or the man in the Mankini?

Rampage
12-03-2010, 11:50 AM
If there aren't a bunch of flags thrown in this game I'll be totally shocked. If there was ever a game where the officials might as well just flag every play, it's this one.

For sure. This could be a record breaker. If they actually call holds on Oher we'll all be witnesses to history.

StlersGuy
12-03-2010, 11:54 AM
I hope the defense takes heads off.... They will need to be playing "Let the body's hit the floor" over the loud speaker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Agtmj9A8Iog

Farrior Fan
12-03-2010, 06:33 PM
I hope Hines rips into Reed again, legally of course.

LatrobePA
12-03-2010, 11:22 PM
Has Clark hit anyone yet this year??

coldrolled
12-04-2010, 08:03 AM
Has Clark hit anyone yet this year??

i think he hurt himself once on a hit...

LatrobePA
12-04-2010, 12:07 PM
i think he hurt himself once on a hit...

I do remember that, but beyond that he's been quiet (on the field)...

steelersbabex25
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I do remember that, but beyond that he's been quiet (on the field)...

They all have been. Cause they don't want to get fined.

coach
12-04-2010, 03:21 PM
I love the attitude but that also fires up Goddell Castro to lay down more edicts to officials and pressure them to make these calls. There is no way the Steelers can win this war against the league when the calls are totally subjective in some cases and the refs can be exhonerated on every bad call by claiming any of a multitude of excuses like:

1. the spped of the game is so fast, we just thought it was illegal
2.we miss calls like this in every game, not just against the Steelers
3.maybe we are being too cautious all in the name of palyer safety

This won't end until someone on the Steeler D is suspended and/or a major call is blown that costs a team an important game and fans become outraged. Of course, by fans, I mean fans of teams other than the balck and gold.
:banging:

Rampage
12-04-2010, 05:01 PM
They all have been. Cause they don't want to get fined.

Unfortunately, I think Clark's quiet season is due more to his age than worrying about a fine. It seems as if Clark does not have the range/speed that he had in the past. It used to be that he was right there when a WR was going over the middle, but now I rarely catch number 25 running around on the field. I can only recall two plays he has made this season: 1) When he was wrongly flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit and 2) last week when he stopped a pass in the 4th quarter or OT. He just isn't the force that he once was.