PDA

View Full Version : ravens writer says ben is faking an injury

mwittman5
11-30-2010, 11:27 PM
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2010/11/big_ben_is_at_it_again.html
Big Ben is at it again

Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger might have made some adjustments in his living style, but he still likes the drama when it comes to football. It seems that every time the Ravens play the Steelers, Roethlisberger comes up with some injury. On Monday, it was the sprained foot.

As Roethlisberger limped off the field at halftime of the Steelers game against Buffalo last week, I laughed because I knew there was going to be some drama with an injury. If it wasn't going to be his foot that hurt, then it was going to be his big toe or his little finger, or his butt or a tooth. Always something.

I can understand why Roethlisberger might not want to play. He will be missing his two starting offensive tackles, and I don't think the Steelers can handle the pressure the Ravens will bring. But we all know that Big Ben will play. He'll get the ankle taped, take a pain killer and then play.

But until then, there will be a lot of drama from the Drama King all week. It wouldn't be a Pittsburgh/Baltimore week without Roethlisberger trying to grab attention by playing the injury card.

Ok first off this guy must be getting ben confused with brady. brady fakes injuries and ben owns the ravens

steelersbabex25
11-30-2010, 11:37 PM
So what if he is? People put perfectly healthy players on the injured list all the time. It's a scare tactic. Makes the other team prepare for multiple people. No big deal.

mwittman5
11-30-2010, 11:39 PM
So what if he is? People put perfectly healthy players on the injured list all the time. It's a scare tactic. Makes the other team prepare for multiple people. No big deal.

ya but hes not, you could see the play when it happened, his foot twisted pretty good.

LarryNJ
11-30-2010, 11:50 PM
He may actually be hurt...but the term Drama King for Ben isn't that far out of line. :)

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 12:14 AM
Who cares what they write...I think Flacco is faking his gender!!

Farrior Fan
12-01-2010, 12:21 AM
Please Lord let us win, I love to read the excuses these Bmore hacks come up with when we win.

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 12:23 AM
Count on a visit from lickmysaccosayshi if we dont!!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Would we expect anything less from a Baltimore beat writer with nothing better to do?

Farrior Fan
12-01-2010, 12:27 AM
yeah its been a while

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Would we expect anything less from a Baltimore beat writer with nothing better to do?

Whatever, I'm betting he won't have his chance! I got a feeling it'll be a long night for Flacco and crew...:popcorn:

Clevelandsux
12-01-2010, 12:52 AM
Ben is a drama queen, no doubt. But I would love to see him light up the ratturds.

Big T
12-01-2010, 12:58 AM
I honestly dont see us winning this game. I really dont.

Farrior Fan
12-01-2010, 01:19 AM
I don't see how we can put up more than 13 points on them. If our D plays lights out we have a chance. Our O is abysmal right now and will be abused early and often by the Ravens defensive front. Our only hope is the long pass, and that is only if Ben can somehow stay upright.

Vegas has Bmore as a 3 pt favorite and if I had to bet I would take the Ravens.

Steel Trap86
12-01-2010, 01:38 AM

I don't see it either. Not because of what this *** clown writer said, but because they didn't look like that kind of team against the Bills AT ALL

JensK
12-01-2010, 07:13 AM

It'll depend heavily on whether or not they get McGahee and Oher back. Especially Oher, since their other tackles suck badly, and Flacco is rather horrible when getting pressured.

coldrolled
12-01-2010, 07:19 AM
We cant beat the Raven's??? Is'nt this the week Arians unleashes all the good play action and counter blitz plays he has been hiding.... Save the OL with some short pass plays.

The Number 1 reason we dont win... too many scorless qtrs so far this year.. 3 points or less is a scoreless qtr IMO...

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 09:32 AM
I'd rather be going into this game having played like crap the week B4. At least there is room for improvement, it's not like this team has peaked or even came close yet!!

This the first time this year I feel like they'll get it going and dominate!! I could be wrong but it just feels like the flood gates are about to explode!!

PsychoWard
12-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Whos the writer Tim Lumber???

DanRooney
12-01-2010, 12:50 PM
Ed Reed fakes injuries too. Big deal.

Scorp
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Faith my friends. Just cause the Bills took the Steelers into ot does not mean a damn thing anymore. The Steelers won and it's all done and over with. Next game. Faith.

Moondog
12-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Faith my friends. Just cause the Bills took the Steelers into ot does not mean a damn thing anymore. The Steelers won and it's all done and over with. Next game. Faith.

There's nothing to worry about with the Baltimore Ravens, they just wish they had the hardware the Steelers have, they are not the original bullies in this block, the Steelers are, the Ravens want to be the Steelers so bad they can taste it, but they won't, can't and never will be because the Steelers are THE premiere smash mouth team. The Steelers are the team in need of restraint by the league, the Steelers are the team that hit so hard they change the rules, not the sorry *** purple wannabe Ravens. The Ravens are the team that cries that they have to play thursday night games or that they had to play Pittsburgh after dark at Heinz field on national TV and begged for a reprieve, the fans are insecure, the team is insecure and no matter what happens on Sunday night you won't hear the Steelers crying and whining or making excuses.....

OK, had to get that off of my chest, the Bills by the way, took the Rats to OT in Baltimore and hung 30+ on them. Faith :tt02:

Blazedby92
12-01-2010, 01:25 PM
He may actually be hurt...but the term Drama King for Ben isn't that far out of line. :)
:plus1::plus1:

Who cares what they write...I think Flacco is faking his gender!!:plus1::plus1::plus1:

:plus1:

Oher, since their other tackles suck badly,
We know the feeling

Have you seen the way they have played lately, If we win i'll be surprised. REMEMBER they not only have to play the Ravens but also the REFS

steelchamp204
12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
if you go to bmoresun talk forum, there are more steeler threads than ravensthreads, its pathetic.

DanRooney
12-01-2010, 05:32 PM
I guess I'm the only one here who thinks this game is going to be a cakewalk. 27-13 Steelers.

jnes1216
12-01-2010, 05:43 PM
Steelers Nation says ravens writer is faking journalism. :tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
The Ravens should hope that Ben is faking an injury because that's the only time within the past 4 years since 2006 to be exact that the Ravens have beaten the Steelers is when Ben Roethlisberger doesnt play. Ben is 7-2 lifetime against the Ravens and always seems to find a way to make big time plays in the game late that makes the difference between the Steelers winning and losing. The bottom line is the stats dont lie that when Ben Roethlisberger plays against the Ravens no matter how close it is or whether it's pretty or not He Wins!!!

Rampage
12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
The Ravens should hope that Ben is faking an injury because that's the only time within the past 4 years since 2006 to be exact that the Ravens have beaten the Steelers is when Ben Roethlisberger doesnt play. Ben is 7-2 lifetime against the Ravens and always seems to find a way to make big time plays in the game late that makes the difference between the Steelers winning and losing. The bottom line is the stats dont lie that when Ben Roethlisberger plays against the Ravens no matter how close it is or whether it's pretty or not He Wins!!!

May the streak stay alive. Amen.

jnes1216
12-01-2010, 05:54 PM

Hopefully he does well without another Ratbird killer - Holmes.

I would love to see Sanders step into that role.

coldrolled
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
ben says this about his recent running......

"I am just seeing something and doing it," Roethlisberger said of his recent running success. "It is not a design thing. It is just trying to make a play."

Doing it with his legs has been an adjustment for Roethlisberger.

"He is probably his best when he rolls out of the pocket and people know that, and they are trying to keep him contained," receiver Mike Wallace said.

Maybe we should design some stuff for ben, that lets him roll out???

Its not a design thing... crack my ***. ba is a douche.

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 06:25 PM
ben says this about his recent running......

"I am just seeing something and doing it," Roethlisberger said of his recent running success. "It is not a design thing. It is just trying to make a play."

Doing it with his legs has been an adjustment for Roethlisberger.

"He is probably his best when he rolls out of the pocket and people know that, and they are trying to keep him contained," receiver Mike Wallace said.

Maybe we should design some stuff for ben, that lets him roll out???

Its not a design thing... crack my ***. ba is a douche.

Get out of town...It'll never happen, BA would rather throw a 60 yard bomb incomplete than to pick up 6 yards for the first down!!

Rampage
12-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Get out of town...It'll never happen, BA would rather throw a 60 yard bomb incomplete than to pick up 6 yards for the first down!!

We need splash plays! :lol:

tburg68
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
As long as Ben gets ample time in the no huddle offense, the Steelers will win. Don't expect a blowout, that rarely happens in this rivalry. I'll take a last second field goal, a win over the Rats is big no matter the margin!

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2010, 08:28 PM
If Ben can pick up a first down by running, go for it...just slide for God sakes when you're headed for a collision with the defense.

nuclearchihuahuas
12-01-2010, 08:56 PM
I guess I'm the only one here who thinks this game is going to be a cakewalk. 27-13 Steelers.

While I whole heartedly hope you are absolutely right, our offensive line is in deep doo doo. I hope they keep playing Essex as an extra protector and play Miller on the other side to protect as well. That way when Wallace is burning down the field, Ben can have a pocket long enough to air it out!

Rampage
12-02-2010, 11:59 AM
If Ben can pick up a first down by running, go for it...just slide for God sakes when you're headed for a collision with the defense.

I swear that he feels like an ol' timey tight end: It ain't a play 'less you get hit.