PDA

View Full Version : Steeler/Raven Key Matchups

ctsteelah
11-30-2010, 09:11 PM
Generally speaking how do you see them lining up?

Rice receiving out of the backfield vs Farrior?
Heep vs Timmons/Woodley/Silverback?
Housh vs Gay?
Boldin vs BMAC & possibly a 20 yard cushion given the hamstring
Mason vs Ike?

Who is Troy going to shadow?

Thoughts?

DanRooney
11-30-2010, 09:16 PM

Housh vs Gay?
Mason vs Ike?

Thoughts?

Rice vs. Farrior? Hell no. Taunto will get burned for another 150+ yards. I'd rather have Timmons lined up with the most dangerous threat on their offense.

Rampage
11-30-2010, 09:22 PM

Housh vs Gay?
Mason vs Ike?

Thoughts?

I would prefer to see Ike on Boldin and BMAC on Mason.

Timmons on Rice is a good matchup; he has the speed and range to stay with him along with the power to tackle.

Farrior can go with Heap.

Gay on Housh is fine by me, but I would just blitz him on every down.

I'd leave Clark to help out Farrior or Gay and Polamalu to roam.

Goodfrom55
11-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Since there are no speedsters on Baltimore, play press coverage (4 yard cushion ) on the outside, match up Timmons and Rice, Farrior and Heap, but most importantly, the Steelers need a strong push up the middle so Flacco can't step up and avoid the rush or scramble away from danger. I would expect a lot of 3 WR looks to minimize the rushing of Woody and Harrison.

Steelers must do a better job defending the screen game. If they think Buffalo did it well, they ain't seen nothing yet.

LatrobePA
11-30-2010, 09:52 PM
BB vs Ed Reed....

Gotta test him, he's not 100%...

ctsteelah
11-30-2010, 09:57 PM
Since there are no speedsters on Baltimore, play press coverage (4 yard cushion ) on the outside, match up Timmons and Rice, Farrior and Heap, but most importantly, the Steelers need a strong push up the middle so Flacco can't step up and avoid the rush or scramble away from danger. I would expect a lot of 3 WR looks to minimize the rushing of Woody and Harrison.

Steelers must do a better job defending the screen game. If they think Buffalo did it well, they ain't seen nothing yet.

I wonder if they use Donte as their Speed guy? Any friendly fire Ravens fans here?

Just hope Farrior takes better angles then in the past. :greengrin:

Big T
11-30-2010, 11:10 PM
BB vs Ed Reed....

Gotta test him, he's not 100%...

neither are...

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 12:15 AM
neither are...

True, but Ed is on a knee after every other play, Ben isn't. I like Bens chances vs Reed...

Farrior Fan
12-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I'm just praying that Ngata doesn't kill Ben, in my best Forest Gump voice RUN BEN RUN

LatrobePA
12-01-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm just praying that Ngata doesn't kill Ben, in my best Forest Gump voice RUN BEN RUN

There's a very good chance they'll meet!! The oline has a HUGE task this week!!

Farrior Fan
12-01-2010, 12:58 AM
There's a very good chance they'll meet!! The oline has a HUGE task this week!!

Ben's foot better be 100% with that patchwork line in front of him. Maybe Colon and Starks can make miracle recoveries???? Or how about lining up Big Snack and 92 next to Pouncey???? Maybe the refs wouldn't notice if we played with 13 players on offense? Thinking out loud here.

ctsteelah
12-01-2010, 06:36 AM
Everyone,

Have faith that BA will limit the exposure of our weaknesses so they are not exploited while optimizing where we do match up well by spreading them out with 4 WR sets and a short passing game, rollouts, etc.

Actually (even though they not as good this year against the run) we will be determined to establish the run until the 4th quarter where Ben will then go into the hurry up and call his own plays and becomes suprisingly effective.

DIESELMAN
12-01-2010, 02:11 PM
Everyone,

Have faith that BA will limit the exposure of our weaknesses so they are not exploited while optimizing where we do match up well by spreading them out with 4 WR sets and a short passing game, rollouts, etc.

Actually (even though they not as good this year against the run) we will be determined to establish the run until the 4th quarter where Ben will then go into the hurry up and call his own plays and becomes suprisingly effective.

Faith in BA to limit the exposure of our weaknesses? LMAO!! What BA knows about our weaknesses and strengths would fit in the crack of his ***!! Your right, the Ratbirds run defense isn't what it used to be, so yeah we could establish somewhat of a run game, but then what? We'll abandon it and go to 5 wide sets with everyone running post patterns, throw in the gratuitous bubble screen, Ben running for his life all day long. There are no designed roll outs, play action or Ben running the no huddle in our offensive schemes this year. So get that **** out of your head. Come game time, I'm rolling a big fattie (no sense being straight and pissed off), kickin back and laughing my *** off as Ben runs for his life!! :greengrin:

Raleigh Steel
12-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Here it is folks! The battle for the AFC North. Steelers—Ravens—it doesn’t get any better than this.
Here are the top 5 things I’m looking for this Sunday:

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/steelers-talk-f1/week-13-steelers-vs-ravens-t2172.htm#21461