PDA

View Full Version : Simple Solution to the Fines

nuclearchihuahuas
11-30-2010, 12:50 PM
I have a thought I would like to share and get some feedback from my fellow addicts. If the Rooney's renegotiated the Defensive players contracts to include a (say) $300, 000 to $1 Million dollar bonus to be paid on the first tackle of the year but held in trust for the remainder of the season. Any subsequent fines would be deducted from this money but the player would receive the remainder at the end of the season. That's an incentive to the player instead of the current negative reinforcement now favored by the league. Let the league be the bad guys but let the Rooney's stand behind the players.

jnes1216
11-30-2010, 02:00 PM
That would definitely send a message. But if its bonus money then the league would say the players are not being punished and your first $300k in fines are gimmes.:2cents:

I think the players feel theyre walking on eggshells with the penalties - always questioning right or wrong hits. As much as the money plays into it, I think they'd like a game called more evenly across the board with clearer direction on what constitutes a foul.

Nolrog
11-30-2010, 09:29 PM
It's a backdoor way for the owner to pay the fine. I doubt the league would allow that.

Plus, there's really no difference to me if they pay him the entire salary at once and then take fines out of it, or pay him his salary -300K which will be given back to him once the season is over, less any fines. It's 6 of one, half dozen of another.

Farrior Fan
11-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Harrison doesn't care about the fines anymore, 25K to him is nothing. Just do not suspend him and we are fine. I'll bet he even chuckles a little when he pays that 25K, hell I'm glad they fined him, now he knows it doesn't matter what he does he will be fined. So he may as well get his moneys worth, rock em sockem DEEEEEBOOOOO

SteelJunkie
12-01-2010, 01:13 AM
Actually since they are in contract talks anyhow, the players union should add fine caps in their negotiations. They already have a 25k fine cap for fighting it shouldn't be hard to add for helmet to helmet hits, as well as other fineable offenses to protect the players from Goodell.

JensK
12-01-2010, 06:06 AM
Simple Solution to the Fines: learn to wrap or tackle with your shoulder!