PDA

View Full Version : Madison?

playboy pryor
11-29-2010, 02:24 AM
Why was Madison getting so much PT? Lewis and Butler should have been getting pt. Now Mcfadden is hurt. Lewis is going to get more pt this weekend, but I don't he's ready for the Ratbirds.

DanRooney
11-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Why was Madison getting so much PT? Lewis and Butler should have been getting pt. Now Mcfadden is hurt. Lewis is going to get more pt this weekend, but I don't he's ready for the Ratbirds.

Butler, the Steelers best cornerback, was inactive. At least he'll dress next week.

K Train
11-29-2010, 02:55 AM
the steelers best CB lmao

i did keep screaming why the **** is madison on the field, he was being targeted big time...hes a special teamer, and not even a good one anymore

steelersbabex25
11-29-2010, 07:18 AM
Yeah I was not impressed with Madison or Lewis. But you can't throw a rookie and a second stringer out there and expect them to do something that our starters can't do.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Last year everyone was singing the praises of Lewis, and then in week 3 of the preseason he totally tanked and never recovered. Now he's getting playing time again, but I'm quite certain he won't just be handed the reigns if BMac can't go. Tomlin should and hopefully will do a similar competition with the backups CB's like he does with Sanders & Brown.

Rampage
11-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Madison was definitely getting tooled while he was out there. I don't mind the guy on special teams, but he is not much of a corner. I would really like to see Butler get some time.

K Train
11-29-2010, 04:02 PM
Last year everyone was singing the praises of Lewis, and then in week 3 of the preseason he totally tanked and never recovered. Now he's getting playing time again, but I'm quite certain he won't just be handed the reigns if BMac can't go. Tomlin should and hopefully will do a similar competition with the backups CB's like he does with Sanders & Brown.

last year he was hurt and sucked *** in preseason anyway...never liked the pick, its a shame hes such good boys with wallace whos a star.

this year he had one decent, not great game against calvin johnson in the preseason. meh. never really heard anyone sing his praise though, hes been very below average and is in no way suited for a nickel package, he isnt quick enough.

FS for him, or failure imo

coldrolled
11-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Butler, the Steelers best cornerback, was inactive. At least he'll dress next week.

butler has the height and speed and hands..... he must not cover well?

i guess we will find out next week who plays.... butler or madison or lewis.

Rampage
11-29-2010, 04:44 PM

i guess we will find out next week who plays.... butler or madison or lewis.

No, he's a rookie. God knows why, but we have to redshirt every rookie on defense.

Zachintosh66
11-29-2010, 05:51 PM
would like to see butler get a shot in mcfaddy is out

igor0190
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM

Do we even ask any of our CB's to cover? Seems like they just play off the receivers so much.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-29-2010, 07:07 PM
I hope Butler get a shot this week...we need to try something new, Madison, Lewis, and Gay will be picked on all night, we need to simplify the schemes so we can get our young talent on the field sooner...

steelersbabex25
11-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Do we even ask any of our CB's to cover? Seems like they just play off the receivers so much.

There's always recievers wide open. I feel like the QB always just had to pick and chose which reciever he wants to throw to..I know that isn't right, but that's how it seems. Like the CBs are saying, "oh like at that guy running right, I'm gonna run left."

Farrior Fan
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM
No, he's a rookie. God knows why, but we have to redshirt every rookie on defense.

BINGO! If Tomlin has any intelligence (I'm starting to wonder) then he will make sure Crezdon is out there starting. We have to give him a chance, look around the NFL and look at how many rookie and 2nd year CBs are doing well. Our other guys are NOT getting the job done and Crezdon will be hungry to prove his worth. I haven't seen him in real NFL play yet but at Clemson he was a total shutdown corner. His senior year he barely had any ints because no one would throw his way. I know this is the NFL, but there are guys that were not as good as Butler in college doing fine now.

Can you tell I was 1. shocked that he was still available when we drafted him 2. super duper pumped, if he is as good as I think then we stole him.

I'll let ya'll punk me in the gameday thread if he isn't twice as good as anyone other than Ike.

K Train
11-30-2010, 12:12 AM
wtf makes you all believe butler is the second coming? lmao

LatrobePA
11-30-2010, 01:30 AM
I think people are just looking for a bright spot in the secondary, maybe an up and coming star??? Or a player to get excited about???

K Train
11-30-2010, 02:58 AM
they were really excited about a developmental prospect named roy lewis a few years back...hes a backup on seattle now and is pretty much a clone of butler.

i like butler alright, but hes so raw they would have been better off with perrish cox (i had him 6th best corner, butler fell around 20 and they both went in the 5th round, but cox is a starter and balling out in denver).

maybe he will develop into a player, but calling him the best CB on the roster is pretty much insane

Farrior Fan
11-30-2010, 10:12 AM
they were really excited about a developmental prospect named roy lewis a few years back...hes a backup on seattle now and is pretty much a clone of butler.

i like butler alright, but hes so raw they would have been better off with perrish cox (i had him 6th best corner, butler fell around 20 and they both went in the 5th round, but cox is a starter and balling out in denver).

maybe he will develop into a player, but calling him the best CB on the roster is pretty much insane

I think hands down that Ike is our best CB, I just need to see Butler in action. Like I said earlier he was a stud in college and that is all I know because our coaches are so damn stubborn that they keep Gay, Bmac, and Madison in there. Now that Bmac is out we MUST try something new since we all know that what we have been doing is not working. IMHO the Boldin, Housh, and Mason will shred us Pats style if we continue to implement the dime package. We have to get pressure on Flacco with Harrison and Woodley. If Woodley doesn't show up then we have big big problems.

coldrolled
11-30-2010, 12:43 PM

because you didnt say he sucks yet.. :thinking:

so he must be good.

--- Added 11/30/2010 at 10:43 AM ---

:plus1:
I think people are just looking for a bright spot in the secondary, maybe an up and coming star??? Or a player to get excited about???

Rampage
11-30-2010, 01:52 PM

I don't think anyone here considers Butler to be the second coming; besides, Jesus was a carpenter, not a shutdown corner.

I think people here just want to see what the team has. Is Butler serviceable? If so, then the team has something to look forward to. If not, maybe he doesn't deserve a roster spot. This team invests in a lot of "developmental" picks, very few end up developing into something decent. If Butler shows that he has an upside it would be nice to see. We know that CB is an area that this team needs to address; BMAC, Gay, Lewis, and Madison are not the answer. Trial by fire, see if he can be an asset.

--- Added 11/30/2010 at 11:52 AM ---

BINGO! If Tomlin has any intelligence (I'm starting to wonder) then he will make sure Crezdon is out there starting. We have to give him a chance, look around the NFL and look at how many rookie and 2nd year CBs are doing well. Our other guys are NOT getting the job done and Crezdon will be hungry to prove his worth. I haven't seen him in real NFL play yet but at Clemson he was a total shutdown corner. His senior year he barely had any ints because no one would throw his way. I know this is the NFL, but there are guys that were not as good as Butler in college doing fine now.

Can you tell I was 1. shocked that he was still available when we drafted him 2. super duper pumped, if he is as good as I think then we stole him.

I'll let ya'll punk me in the gameday thread if he isn't twice as good as anyone other than Ike.

I liked the pick as well. I didn't figure he would be a starter right away, but he shows potential. Typically, these types of picks don't pan out for the Steelers, but I still have my fingers crossed that Butler can bring his collegiate prowess into the NFL.

jnes1216
11-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I don't think anyone here considers Butler to be the second coming; besides, Jesus was a carpenter, not a shutdown corner.

I think people here just want to see what the team has. Is Butler serviceable? If so, then the team has something to look forward to. If not, maybe he doesn't deserve a roster spot. This team invests in a lot of "developmental" picks, very few end up developing into something decent. If Butler shows that he has an upside it would be nice to see. We know that CB is an area that this team needs to address; BMAC, Gay, Lewis, and Madison are not the answer. Trial by fire, see if he can be an asset.

I agree, although a high stakes game would not be the best timing for lengthy PT, some spot duty when Ravens are in their own end may be suitable.

coldrolled
11-30-2010, 03:06 PM
I agree, although a high stakes game would not be the best timing for lengthy PT, some spot duty when Ravens are in their own end may be suitable.

A 35-3 lead with Oakland would have been a nice time.