PDA

View Full Version : props to william gay

mwittman5
11-28-2010, 09:15 PM
when mcfadden went down he came in and played pretty well. forced two fumbles and was hitting some guys pretty good. Hope this gives him some momentum going forward

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 09:16 PM
He only blew coverage one or two times today. :clap:

mwittman5
11-28-2010, 09:19 PM

well unless your last name is revis your gonna blow some plays :cope:

LatrobePA
11-28-2010, 09:34 PM

hahahahahaha, he had a good game, but he could back it up with a bad one, so I'll pat him on the back next Monday!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2010, 09:41 PM
For all the crap that he has gotten the last few weeks, he does deserve some props for his play. He made some nice hits and had some pass defenses that were key. Teams will continue to go after him and next weekend will be no different.

Rampage
11-28-2010, 10:45 PM
I definitely thought he did well today. No, he is not some shutdown, on-an-island corner (wouldn't that be nice), but he was not a huge liability.

Big Play Willie Gay

:tt02:

DanRooney
11-29-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm so sick of how our corners can't locate the ball and make picks. All of them outside of Polamalu are scared to break for the ball because they don't want to be the one to give up a big play.

steelersbabex25
11-29-2010, 07:20 AM
I'm so sick of how our corners can't locate the ball and make picks. All of them outside of Polamalu are scared to break for the ball because they don't want to be the one to give up a big play.

But they always give up the big play anyway..

Captcoolhand
11-29-2010, 09:41 AM
:tt02: Dude played well yesterday!

SteelDad
11-29-2010, 11:45 AM
Yup, Bill Gay does deserve some credit. He is one of the few guys who seems to be fired up every week. Despite his inability to cover many #3 receivers, he has has proven his worth at times.

K Train
11-29-2010, 12:39 PM
its not that he cant cover #3 WRs...thats something he CAN do...he gets exploited in mismatches against TO and TEs that are way bigger than him.

hes very physical, hes solid in coverage, he is tremendous at rushing the passer/punter and good against the run and he plays pretty fired up. hes a whipping boy around here but theres no way he should be covering gronkowski or TO

Raleigh Steel
11-29-2010, 12:42 PM
as much as i dog the kid out, he did play extremely well yesterday. hopefully he gets some confidence and keeps it going.

SteelDad
11-29-2010, 01:11 PM
its not that he cant cover #3 WRs...thats something he CAN do...he gets exploited in mismatches against TO and TEs that are way bigger than him.

hes very physical, hes solid in coverage, he is tremendous at rushing the passer/punter and good against the run and he plays pretty fired up. hes a whipping boy around here but theres no way he should be covering gronkowski or TO

I'm not sure if I agree or disagree.... On Gronkowski's last TD, Gay didn't even get a hand on him. He made a move and broke to the outside and Gay got beat all the way. When Gay was locked on TO during the Cincy game, I think we can both agree that he can't handle TO so was that situation a product of LeBeau being outschemed or just what the coverage dictated? Either way, LeBeau should have adjusted to get Ike or BM on Owens.

What I certainly agree with you on is Gay's ability to blitz. He seems to disguise his blitzes better than anyone we have.

harpo
11-29-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm not sure if I agree or disagree.... On Gronkowski's last TD, Gay didn't even get a hand on him. He made a move and broke to the outside and Gay got beat all the way. When Gay was locked on TO during the Cincy game, I think we can both agree that he can't handle TO so was that situation a product of LeBeau being outschemed or just what the coverage dictated? Either way, LeBeau should have adjusted to get Ike or BM on Owens.

What I certainly agree with you on is Gay's ability to blitz. He seems to disguise his blitzes better than anyone we have.

When Gay got matched up w/ T.O., Ike Taylor 'assigned' Gay to him (T.O.) because Ike was already lined up on the outside. If you go back and look at the Bengals coming out of the huddle and approaching the LOS, you'll see Gay trying to move away from T.O. and to the outside, but Ike motioned to Gay to stay where he was.

Goodfrom55
11-29-2010, 07:38 PM
Gay played well for B-Mac, who IMO should be starting on this team at all. Gay played aggressively, didn't allow thr gimie 5 yard pass that B-Mac allways allows. In my house, W-Gay is not popular, but I thought he did well yesterday.

DanRooney
11-29-2010, 07:43 PM
Gay is not good in coverage. He seems to do the small things well, however. Corner blitzes, attempting to block punts and dislodging the football.

Goodfrom55
11-29-2010, 07:45 PM
Moving forward to Baltimore, Timmons has to be aware of Heap and Gay must be aware of Mason or Houshmanzadeh. Baltimore is a little banged up this week.