PDA

View Full Version : Urbik???

jnes1216
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM
I watched about 20-25 plays where I focused on Kraig Urbik at RG and he consistently beat his guy. Consistently. WTF. I was never an Urbik fan (never really saw him play first of all) and I'm not lamenting the loss of him, but I am wondering how this guy outperformed the Pitts def line. Maybe he was trying to prove a point against the team that drafted him and he'll never have another game like it. Just curious on someone else's thoughts. I know Buff line is thin but he handled Hood and Hampton well.

Big T
11-28-2010, 06:41 PM
3 words:

Evander ****ing Hood

LatrobePA
11-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Their line is 1000x's better than our patched up mess!!

Raleigh Steel
11-28-2010, 07:21 PM
or it could be that their blocking scheme suits him better than the crappy one that we incorporate.

JensK
11-28-2010, 07:30 PM
3 words:

Evander ****ing Hood

Have to get credit where credit is due: Hood is pretty good at getting his hands in the air when re realizes he got beat of the snap, which is quite often.

Zachintosh66
11-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Well, Urbik did do well, but he did matchup vs Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood. The few times Casey was there, Casey would bull rush the hell outts him, but thats Hamptons only move.

Says alot about how sorry our OL is... Essex is the 4th String Blocking TE, Doug L who was so promising got his chance and hasnt come off the bench since. Foster is a stop gap, Scott is a turn-stile and Kemo had arguably his worst day today as a steeler.

JensK
11-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Well, Urbik did do well, but he did matchup vs Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood. The few times Casey was there, Casey would bull rush the hell outts him, but thats Hamptons only move.

Says alot about how sorry our OL is... Essex is the 4th String Blocking TE, Doug L who was so promising got his chance and hasnt come off the bench since. Foster is a stop gap, Scott is a turn-stile and Kemo had arguably his worst day today as a steeler.

In the lines defense, they played a real good Dline today. Even Pouncey got schooled most of the game.

harpo
11-28-2010, 08:28 PM
In the lines defense, they played a real good Dline today. Even Pouncey got schooled most of the game.

So, Pouncey is human afterall....:thinking:

K Train
11-28-2010, 08:40 PM
lol i CALLED IT.....hood made urbik look like he was a keeper

lmao

K Train
11-28-2010, 08:41 PM

kyle williams played out of his mind, pouncey definitely had his worse day as a pro today, but kemo was utterly molested

Steel Trap86
11-28-2010, 08:56 PM
lol i CALLED IT.....hood made urbik look like he was a keeper

lmao

and somebody made a thread about it lol

Silverback
11-29-2010, 01:46 AM
Yeah I'm starting to think I could drive block Hood. He got blown off the ball repeatedly.

coldrolled
11-29-2010, 09:10 AM
or it could be that their blocking scheme suits him better than the crappy one that we incorporate.

i said before.. that we need to keep our rookies and offensive players until arians is gone, so we can get a true evaluation of them with a real oc in charge...

truly.. we scored 6 points against the bills in two qtrs... arians sucks.

jnes1216
11-29-2010, 11:24 AM
and somebody made a thread about it lol

No one on here said Urbik was a keeper. I started the thread because Wilcots pointed out in the beginning of the game he was an ex-Steeler so I watched how he did. I would have done the same for Logan with Detroit who was sixth in KR and PR before Sunday I believe. Comments were more of an indication on how Hood cant beat one on ones and how Urbik stoned our d line most of the game.

Steel Trap86
11-29-2010, 11:32 AM
I wasn't knocking the thread. Although I don't keep a close eye on the trenches, I agree that Urbik looked decent yesterday and I just found it amusing because Ktrain has been ranting about this guy and said somebody would say Urbik matched up well against Hood, both who were in our 2009 draft class, and you just so happened to make a thread about it lol