PDA

View Full Version : Penalites, Penalties, Penalties...again!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM
107 yds in Penalties today. Mostly on the offensive line. Kemo and Scott both with holding calls that negated big plays all day long. We left probably 100 yds of offense on the field from penalties. Last week was a new Steeler record for penalty yardage and now this week it continues.

Fox got nailed for that personal foul on ST, man you just can't have that. Credit the bills defense, Williams is a beast and get Kemo fits all day long. Somehow we came out of these 2 flag ridden performances with wins but they have got to tighten up because you can't give winning teams that much free yardage on either side of the ball.

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Last week were many BS calls..this week there's no excuse.

JensK
11-28-2010, 05:05 PM

And thats about it. Like 50 of those yards game against Williams who absolutely schooled Kemo and Pouncey all game long.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-28-2010, 05:10 PM

I agree. Last week they were mostly BS...this week only a few BS calls. Most were accurate. Of course I can complain on the noncalls on the Bills D. There were two definite pass interference calls that should have been made but were not.

twag
11-28-2010, 05:17 PM
I agree. Last week they were mostly BS...this week only a few BS calls. Most were accurate. Of course I can complain on the noncalls on the Bills D. There were two definite pass interference calls that should have been made but were not.

agree 100%:plus1:

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 05:20 PM

There were a few calls that were BS, most of them hurt the Steelers a lot. Harrison's roughing the passer was bull, Ike's pass interference was bull, one of the holding calls on Kemo was bull. Most of the holds called on the offensive line were legit.

What's getting me now is the NO calls. I think it was on the last drive in OT maybe? There was a blatent pass interference on Miller that wasn't called. That was ridiculous. And also no holds called against the Bills offensive line again this week. There were a few obvious holds on Harrison as well that went uncalled (but that's nothing new).

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 05:33 PM
I think it was on the last drive in OT maybe? There was a blatent pass interference on Miller that wasn't called. That was ridiculous.

I was in a bar and already had about 7 St. Pauli Girls in me, but I think you are talking about the play Ben was bitching about. To me Miller was covered like a blanket and Ben should never have thrown that pass, but again I may very well be wrong.

jnes1216
11-28-2010, 05:35 PM

The no-call on Miller was definitely one for sure. The Bills defender had no idea where the ball was and he was not looking for it. Plus he had Millers arm i thought.

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 05:36 PM
I was in a bar and already had about 7 St. Pauli Girls in me, but I think you are talking about the play Ben was bitching about. To me Miller was covered like a blanket and Ben should never have thrown that pass, but again I may very well be wrong.

Ben had a right to bitch. Miller sure as hell was covered like a blanket, in that whoever was covering him was all over him, and literally I mean all over him. Wasn't even looking at the ball. Could be on the highlights tonight. You'll see what I mean.

ctsteelah
11-28-2010, 05:56 PM
There was a call where a Bucs defender did the exact same thing and they called it which led to the second TD in the Ravens/Bucs game.

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 06:01 PM
The Bills defender had no idea where the ball was and he was not looking for it.

Ben had a right to bitch. Miller sure as hell was covered like a blanket, in that whoever was covering him was all over him, and literally I mean all over him. Wasn't even looking at the ball.

Yes I recall him not looking at the ball but that alone isn't reason for a flag..I'll watch the highlights tonight. Or someone post a youtube link! :)

JensK
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
Yes I recall him not looking at the ball but that alone isn't reason for a flag..I'll watch the highlights tonight. Or someone post a youtube link! :)

He did not look after the ball, but he really did not interfere either. They kind of just ran side by side and Miller failed to turn. Their arms may or may not have been entangled a little bit, but it really should not have been called PI.

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 06:05 PM
He did not look after the ball, but he really did not interfere either. They kind of just ran side by side and Miller failed to turn. Their arms may or may not have been entangled a little bit, but it really should not have been called PI.

That's the way I recall it..have to take another look.

JensK
11-28-2010, 06:08 PM
That's the way I recall it..have to take another look.

I guess my point is, if that is a PI, it'll be downright impossible to play DB, unless you can intercept the ball, without making contact ofc! :lol:

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM

Didn't interfere? He was all over Miller. Their arms weren't just entangled a little bit. The defender grabbed his entire body. I'll be damned if that is not pass interference.

Rampage
11-28-2010, 06:13 PM
Maybe the NFL can just save some time and spot every opponent 10 points.

jnes1216
11-28-2010, 06:15 PM
Didn't interfere? He was all over Miller. Their arms weren't just entangled a little bit. The defender grabbed his entire body. I'll be damned if that is not pass interference.

I saw it the same way, I just can't find a replay to post. Probably one of the game of the weeks and replayed on nfl network.

JensK
11-28-2010, 06:16 PM

That is your opinion and i respectfully disagree. Just watched it a couple of times again in gamepass (yay for not living in the states! :P), and I really really do not think its a PI. Miller pushed and battled just as much as the DB did.

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
That is your opinion and i respectfully disagree. Just watched it a couple of times again in gamepass (yay for not living in the states! :P), and I really really do not think its a PI. Miller pushed and battled just as much as the DB did.

Is there a way you can post it on here? Cause I (and everyone else at the Steeler bar) thought for sure it was pass interference. I'd like to see it again.

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 06:23 PM
yay for not living in the states!

http://www.travelersdigest.com/beautiful_women_2.htm
:yellowthumb:

JensK
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Is there a way you can post it on here? Cause I (and everyone else at the Steeler bar) thought for sure it was pass interference. I'd like to see it again.

I probably can tomorrow. I'm sitting on my laptop at the moment, which is nowhere near good enough to record from the player.

Larry, I know right :greengrin:

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM
I probably can tomorrow. I'm sitting on my laptop at the moment, which is nowhere near good enough to record from the player.

If you can that would be cool. Cause I was damn near certain there should have been a call there. But I haven't watched it since so I don't know.

LatrobePA
11-28-2010, 07:00 PM
Another week with the pads on...Keep on the Tomlin!!

nuclearchihuahuas
11-28-2010, 07:24 PM
There was a call where a Bucs defender did the exact same thing and they called it which led to the second TD in the Ravens/Bucs game.

I saw that and thought the exact same thing!

--- Added 11/28/2010 at 06:24 PM ---

Absolutely, totally agree. They replayed it right after the play. The defender was all over him.

Clevelandsux
11-28-2010, 08:43 PM
Last week there was alot of b.s calls. This week we were just undisciplined (although I think the call on Harrison was b.s). Fox getting into a fight on the sideline? Tomlin needs to start sitting these guys down. Get control of this team.

Hburg
11-28-2010, 10:53 PM
It has gotten to the point where it's commonplace to see holding penalties and you can name the players (the same ones time and time again) who were flagged. How many years has this been going on? 3? 4? Woof.

BuFu

madtowndrunkard
11-28-2010, 11:38 PM
107 yds in Penalties today. Mostly on the offensive line. Kemo and Scott both with holding calls that negated big plays all day long. We left probably 100 yds of offense on the field from penalties. Last week was a new Steeler record for penalty yardage and now this week it continues.

Fox got nailed for that personal foul on ST, man you just can't have that. Credit the bills defense, Williams is a beast and get Kemo fits all day long. Somehow we came out of these 2 flag ridden performances with wins but they have got to tighten up because you can't give winning teams that much free yardage on either side of the ball.

There were plenty of BS calls today. Don't kid your self. And I saw plenty of holds by the Bills O-line that were totally ignored.

The ruffing the passer hit by Harrison was total BS. That flag kept the bills alive and allowed them to score a TD.

The holding call that negated Mendy's big run was also total BS.

The pass interference call that put the bills in scoring position was as ticky tac as it gets. That stuff gets ignored every week then they throw a flag on on a deep ball that saved the bills game. Total BS. I'm sick of it. The officiating is so bad it's a joke. They did everything they could to keep that game close. They tried the same BS last week. At what point does the steelers FO demand this crap to stop?

steelersbabex25
11-29-2010, 06:22 AM
There were plenty of BS calls today. Don't kid your self. And I saw plenty of holds by the Bills O-line that were totally ignored.

The ruffing the passer hit by Harrison was total BS. That flag kept the bills alive and allowed them to score a TD.

The pass interference call that put the bills in scoring position was as ticky tac as it gets. That stuff gets ignored every week then they throw a flag on on a deep ball that saved the bills game. Total BS. I'm sick of it. The officiating is so bad it's a joke. They did everything they could to keep that game close. They tried the same BS last week. At what point does the steelers FO demand this crap to stop?

Is it a coincidence that really every penalty called either negates a big play for us, or allows the Bills to make a big play? :thinking: These are the questions I ask myself.

steelchamp204
11-29-2010, 07:33 AM
If that bills guy woulda caught that td pass in ot. Timmons got tucked like a bitch when he was about to sack Fitz. Did anyone else see this?

coldrolled
11-29-2010, 09:47 AM
Is it a coincidence that really every penalty called either negates a big play for us, or allows the Bills to make a big play? :thinking: These are the questions I ask myself.

:plus1:

We need a stat on how many td's and 40 yard+ plays have been reversed this year..

it is more than coincidence IMO.

igor0190
11-29-2010, 09:53 AM

:plus1:
It was an unbelievably terrible call....

Goodfrom55
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
agree 100%:plus1:

Especially the PI that should have been called on the CB guarding Heath . . on Mendy's 40 yard run, there is no way possible that was holding. Christ, they do worse then that against Harrison and Woody on every play and it rarely gets called.

Harrison's roughing call was also bush. . .

Bottom line though is the Steelers need to be on their toes because the league is obviously looking at them more closely. They went from a team that commited 4-5 penalties a game, to a team 14 last week 10 yesterday. I don't get it.

Farrior Fan
11-29-2010, 10:54 PM
I seriously think we should drop Fox. That penalty was as bad as it gets for the team. He doesn't play except on special teams anymore, I was shocked to see him out there on the next ST play.

Root4Stlrs
11-30-2010, 11:25 AM
I seriously think we should drop Fox. That penalty was as bad as it gets for the team. He doesn't play except on special teams anymore, I was shocked to see him out there on the next ST play.

I have always liked Keyaron Fox, but didn't he do something similar in the Baltimore game that gave them 15 more yards when they scored the winning TD?

DIESELMAN
11-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Bottom line though is the Steelers need to be on their toes because the league is obviously looking at them more closely. They went from a team that commited 4-5 penalties a game, to a team 14 last week 10 yesterday. I don't get it.

Don't be surprised if our competition catches on to what is going on. I'm sure no team in the NFL is feeling sorry for the Steelers and I wouldn't put it past any team to take advantage of the quick draw McGraw refs. We have overcome quite a few penalties the past 2 games and won, sooner or later all those penalties will be to much to overcome and it will come at an inopportune time.