PDA

View Full Version : Run game was on today..Mendenhall & Redman

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2010, 05:55 PM
Mendenhall was on today, finally getting that elusive 100 yd game back under his belt.
36 / 151 yds, 1 TD today. Redman was solid today picking up big first downs to close out the game in overtime. They left another 50 yds in runs on the field too because of penalties on OL.

Buffalo is the remedy for any struggling running game. To their credit though they shut down the run in the 3rd quarter but thank Goodness Arians went back to it. All in all, they needed this game in every way and the run game needed this game.

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 06:10 PM
Mendy was a man possessed especially after his fumble. Redman was money when called upon. What concerned me was how average Ben was. Some of his passes made you say WTF?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Credit Ben for that big first down run too, right after he got sacked and still had that bum foot. That play was huge to keep the drive going.

LarryNJ
11-28-2010, 06:14 PM
Credit Ben for that big first down run too, right after he got sacked and still had that bum foot. That play was huge to keep the drive going.

Yes it was a huge run and props to him. And props to him for leading that last drive and his 3rd down conversions in the 1st half.

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 06:17 PM
This is the first huge game I can remember Mendy having in a while. He was on point, especially in OT. And I loved the give the ball to Mendenhall, let him pick up 7 or 8, and then give the ball to Redman to finish it. That could be a dangerous tandem.

jnes1216
11-28-2010, 06:24 PM

A great play. I think that was huge for the team and his teammates seemed to rally around that run.

Finally a more focused committment to the run but still alot of predictable runs on first down. Mendy and Redman ran hard.

DanRooney
11-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Ben had a lot of receivers dropping balls. Wallace, Randle El and Sanders.

While Mendenhall was running well, we're taking too long to score. If we tip toe our way down the field taking 8 minutes off the clock, we can't settle for field goals. The other team marching right back the other way and doing the same in 3 minutes completely flips the momentum.

The offensive line, particularly Kemoeatu, was absolutely abused. Flozell is still surprisingly a bright spot.

JensK
11-28-2010, 06:27 PM

Wallace have dropped a few of those "short" throws, but that happens. ARE - well we've gotten to expect that by now, and I felt so bad for Sanders.. I think he was about to hurt himself afterwards.

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 06:31 PM

Sanders' drop is the only one I remember. That was horrible.

But the only drop that really mattered turned out to be Steve's :nahnah:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Credit the offensive line today for those runs too. God knows they had a rough day of it on the left side there, but in OT they stepped up and opened up the holes for Mendy and Redman to run through, and they kept Ben upright.

steelersbabex25
11-28-2010, 08:22 PM

I love that moment, when Ben is running around like a chicken with his head cut off, and he almost gets sacked 39 times, and everyone's yelling, "GET RID OF IT BEN! THROW IT AWAY! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" And then he does something crazy like rush for 18 yards to pick up a first down. And everyone's like, "Oh. Okay. Uhh..good play Ben."

BlitzburghRockCity
11-28-2010, 09:42 PM
3 of those sacks today I believe were on Ben. He held onto it forever, which is all well and good but sometimes you just gotta get rid of it. Make no mistake, he was vintage Ben on that scramble and many others today.

xxxsteelernation
11-29-2010, 03:52 AM
i give mad props to the running back tandem, the only flaws i really saw the fumble by mende when byrd took it right away from him, and those oline holding calls, still cant fiigure out why harrison and woodly are pulled to the ground on every pass rush but kemo gets called for something as small as the hands are barley on the outside of the shouler pads. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm