PDA

View Full Version : Ward: Would Seymour punishment be same if he hit another QB?

Scorp
11-25-2010, 04:45 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin refused to criticize the NFL on Tuesday, one day after it fined but didn't suspend Oakland Raiders defensive end Richard Seymour for his after-the-play swing at quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. Then Tomlin urged his team to move forward.

Tomlin's star receiver, Hines Ward, either didn't listen or didn't hear. During his weekly show Tuesday night on WDVE-AM, Ward questioned why Seymour wasn't suspended, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

The NFL fined Seymour $25,000 on Monday, but Ward wondered whether or not the league would have handed down a harsher penalty if a quarterback with more star power, like New England's Tom Brady or Indianapolis' Peyton Manning, was the target.

"That's my beliefs, and I wanted to put my beliefs on my radio show," Ward said.

Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a quick response to Ward's question.

"We all know the answer to that one," he said Wednesday.

steelersfaninms
11-25-2010, 05:35 PM
well its good to see that the players are sticking by Ben. I think that the Rooneys need to make a statement about league not being consistent with their punishments

igor0190
11-25-2010, 06:14 PM
well its good to see that the players are sticking by Ben. I think that the Rooneys need to make a statement about league not being consistent with their punishments

We can only hope that someone sucker punches Manning or Brady in the near future. That would make me sooooo happy. It would put the NFL in quite a predicament. :banana:

LatrobePA
11-25-2010, 07:22 PM
I just wish they'd stop talking about it, it's water under the bridge, why bring the attention???

Yes he got off easy, but he didn't hit Brady or mellon head so who knows what would of happened!!

LarryNJ
11-25-2010, 07:31 PM
I just wish they'd stop talking about it, it's water under the bridge, why bring the attention???

I agree, but that was on Tuesday, their new week starts Wednesday so lets hope they are all Bills now.

Steel Trap86
11-25-2010, 07:37 PM
We can only hope that someone sucker punches Manning or Brady in the near future. That would make me sooooo happy. It would put the NFL in quite a predicament. :banana:

ya i'd like to see the exact same **** happen next monday night when the jets play new england and see how Goodell reacts.

Brad 69
11-25-2010, 11:15 PM
i feel like the steelers are being targeted so that we cant continue to dominate the "NFL"

steelersbabex25
11-25-2010, 11:32 PM
Ward's just asking the same question that I know we're all asking ourselves. He's just doing it on a radio show.

jnes1216
11-26-2010, 01:20 AM
a rhetorical question for sure. We all know Ben doesn't pull the same clout. As a fan, I'm tired of defending Ben to other fans. There is always critics. Ben needs some laser focus on one thing = win the whole damn thing another time. Victories shut a lot of mouths.

SteelersWoman
11-29-2010, 04:53 AM
... Ben needs some laser focus on one thing = win the whole damn thing another time. Victories shut a lot of mouths.

People where you live must be smarter than where I live...wins for us only seem to make other fans more loud, obnoxious, jealous, whiny, etc than they were before. :lol: