PDA

View Full Version : Ride Mendy until the wheels fall off

ctsteelah
11-25-2010, 11:39 AM
How many of you are concerned with this? Red & Melwelde should have been in there earlier IMO last week. If he goes down I wonder if Willie will get a call.

Either way its proven that this type of usage can shorten a RB's career and even burn him out during the season. The exception to this was Emmitt Smith, Otis Anderson & Riggins. Even Jacobs is already showing signs of wear.

I always liked the Pegram & Bam Morris combo although we dont have anyone exactly to play those roles.

SteelDad
11-25-2010, 11:56 AM
Mendenhall frequently gets pulled at times that make me scratch my head, however, he did have 25 carries last week so we need to be a bit cautious about the workload.

LatrobePA
11-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Bills are dead last against the run! Run Mendy and Red, split them a bit more, keep Mendy fresh for our RUN!!

mos07
11-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I like the short WR screens, quick hitches, etc - they are just as safe as runs but save the wear and tear on the RB's....that said it would be nice to line up and pound away to close games. The last drive in the Bengals game was encouraging - with one pass mixed in there with Mendenhall's effort that game would have been over that drive.

igor0190
11-25-2010, 12:34 PM
I would like to see Dwyer dress too but it's not going to happen while we have Mendy, Moore, and Redman.

I wonder how Dwyer is doing???

It pains me to see Lagarrette Blount succeed.

DanRooney
11-25-2010, 01:58 PM
lol Mendenhall didn't even play his first year and played the last 3/4's of his second year. He's not going to have Willie Parker syndrome after 3 years. You guys are getting ridiculous with the "wheels falling off" thing. He's not even close to the carries guys like Frank Gore, Steven Jackson or MJD get.

Big T
11-25-2010, 03:15 PM
lol Mendenhall didn't even play his first year and played the last 3/4's of his second year. He's not going to have Willie Parker syndrome after 3 years. You guys are getting ridiculous with the "wheels falling off" thing. He's not even close to the carries guys like Frank Gore, Steven Jackson or MJD get.

this...

jnes1216
11-26-2010, 12:24 AM

:plus1: Mendy is nowhere near workhorse status.

coldrolled
11-26-2010, 09:08 AM
I would like to see Dwyer dress too but it's not going to happen while we have Mendy, Moore, and Redman.

I wonder how Dwyer is doing???

It pains me to see Lagarrette Blount succeed.

Blount is a beast, i see him every week now in tampa.. al woods and blount playing.. ouch... and seventh round safety Cody Grimm ..

actually it is ok for me as i enjoy tampa as my local nfc team.... go bucs... kill the birds...

we missed on blount twice in the draft. and twice on waivers. so i guess he is too mean and unruly for our team...

Dwyer has to be better now.. he has the skill set.. it would be nice to bring in fresh RB speed and power in the 4th qtr....

KSSteelerfan
11-26-2010, 09:21 AM

:plus1:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Memo & Mendy both split time every week. It's been that way since the year started and it will continue to be that way. Memo comes in for Mendy on the 3rd series to start every game and then periodically throughout the contest. Tomlin told everyone he was going to spell Rashard before the year started. He wants to keep them both fresh for the end of the game and more importantly the end of the year for the stretch runs to get to the post season.