PDA

View Full Version : Injury updates heading into Bills game

Scorp
11-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel is expected to play this weekend at Buffalo after missing all but a few plays of the last five games with a sore hamstring, coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday.

Rookie wide receiver Antonio Brown (swollen knee) will be limited in practice and might not play Sunday for the Steelers. Tight end Matt Spaeth's status is uncertain because of a concussion he sustained during last Sunday's game against the Oakland Raiders.

Safety Will Allen has been cleared to practice after sitting out two games with a concussion. Safety Troy Polamalu might be limited again in practice because of an Achilles' injury, as he was last Sunday, but Tomlin said he expects his defensive star to play.

Ramon Foster remains at right guard after being promoted ahead of Trai Essex and Doug Legursky before the 35-3 victory over the Raiders.

SteelerEyeZ
11-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Keisel will help us a lot more rotation and fresher players, def will help with getting a good Defensive push that allows or LB's to do work

JensK
11-24-2010, 05:31 AM
I hope he is 100% - I really don't want them to stress him on the field and aggravate that hammy again. We'll need him in December and January!

Raleigh Steel
11-24-2010, 08:23 AM
I hope he is 100% - I really don't want them to stress him on the field and aggravate that hammy again. We'll need him in December and January!

my thoughts exactly.:plus1:

steelersbabex25
11-24-2010, 11:53 AM
Since when does Antonio Brown have a swollen knee :scratch:

jpele
11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
Since when does Antonio Brown have a swollen knee :scratch:

It seems to me Tomlin has something against Brown,the guy proved he belongs on the field yet MT looks for reasons to sit him.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Brett has been trying to come back for 3 weeks now. I hope he's actually ready and won't aggravate that hamstring and be out longer. This is the stretch run coming up, we need everybody available and healthy as possible.

If it were me I'd rather sit him one more week and then come back in December, just to be safe.

K Train
11-24-2010, 02:26 PM
im glad to see foster starting at RG lke it should have been since day one

Goodfrom55
11-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Glad to hear it. Hopefully the Steelers avoid the "trap game" cliche and stomp on the Bills like they should.

igor0190
11-24-2010, 02:55 PM
im glad to see foster starting at RG lke it should have been since day one

:plus1:

For the first time in many years I'm actually excited what our O-Line could become....
(If everyone was healthy anyways)

Starks, Kemo, Pouncey, Colon, Adams would be a beastly line. imo

jnes1216
11-24-2010, 03:40 PM
Brett has been trying to come back for 3 weeks now. I hope he's actually ready and won't aggravate that hamstring and be out longer. This is the stretch run coming up, we need everybody available and healthy as possible.

If it were me I'd rather sit him one more week and then come back in December, just to be safe.

Hopefully Tomlin will use him sparingly to get him back to seeing some game action and he can get his wind back. A good showing vs Buffalo will get him primed for the big ratbirds matchup.

Goodfrom55
11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
well, IF and I stress IF the Steelers are dominating the Bills on the field and on the scoreboard, I would get the starters out of there by the end of the 3rd quarter the latest. But if it's a close game, then they play. Can't look past anyone in the NFL - not this year.

Rampage
11-24-2010, 07:44 PM
well, IF and I stress IF the Steelers are dominating the Bills on the field and on the scoreboard, I would get the starters out of there by the end of the 3rd quarter the latest. But if it's a close game, then they play. Can't look past anyone in the NFL - not this year.

I agree. If there is a substantial lead (yeah right, like this team will have one two weeks in a row), then get the starters out of there. Prevent needless injuries and get the new guys some reps.

LatrobePA
11-24-2010, 07:53 PM
The Bungles had a huge lead Sunday!! Just say'n, bury these shitbags!!

steelersbabex25
11-24-2010, 09:04 PM
The Bungles had a huge lead Sunday!! Just say'n, bury these shitbags!!

True! You can't over look any opponent.

coldrolled
11-26-2010, 10:34 AM
I agree. If there is a substantial lead (yeah right, like this team will have one two weeks in a row), then get the starters out of there. Prevent needless injuries and get the new guys some reps.

we didnt do that in the 4th qtr of the raiders game until the last few minutes...

i dont think that is in their play book to help get rookies time on the field.

we just won 35-3... the perfect game for rookies to play the last 10-15 minutes...

we didnt. the bills will not be 35-3....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2010, 03:08 PM
Brown is out for this week, so that means ARE and Sanders will be the 3rd & 4th WR's this weekend.

LatrobePA
11-26-2010, 07:22 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

steelersbabex25
11-26-2010, 08:40 PM
Brown is out for this week, so that means ARE and Sanders will be the 3rd & 4th WR's this weekend.

Who will be returning the punts/kickoffs? Still ARE? Hope they give Sanders some chances.

Scorp
11-27-2010, 07:10 PM
All the optimism over Brett Keisel's possible return might have evaporated.

The Pittsburgh Steelers downgraded the defensive end's status to questionable with a calf injury Saturday, meaning Nick Eason and Ziggy Hood could start Sunday against the Buffalo Bills.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that he expected Keisel to play after the nine-year NFL veteran missed all but a few plays of the previous five games with a sore hamstring. Keisel fully practiced all week and wasn't listed on the injury report that the team released Friday.

Keisel has 12 tackles and one interception, which he returned 79 yards for a touchdown, in his limited playing time this season.

KSSteelerfan
11-27-2010, 07:28 PM
it's double speak for 6 to 1 and half a dozen of the other.....either he plays or he doesn't...good grief how hard is it to say that. If Keisel is done for the season just say so...don't be mamby pamby about it....:imho:

Zachintosh66
11-27-2010, 08:00 PM
just shut him down a few, so we have him for the playoffs

BlitzburghRockCity
11-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I agree, shut him down for atleast this weekends game and then see how he is for the Ravens game.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-28-2010, 12:48 PM
Just heard Kiesel is inactive today