PDA

View Full Version : What should the Steelers do about corner next year!

mcfly06
11-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Just wanted to see what you guys thought,about what we should do at corner next year??With William Gay either resign him, or just let him leave.But than should we Draft a corner or sign one.If we draft one who would you guys like to see?I looked at the free agents for next year. Champ Bailey,Usama Young,Brandon Carr,Carlos Rogers,Tramon Williams,Ellis Hobbs, just to name a few should we go after any of those...or just draft a young one??!!!

Scorp
11-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Just find someone who can kick serious ***.

pimplydan
12-09-2010, 08:15 AM
the last dback we picked in the first round was Polamalu.I truely think next year we might get a corner first round.But you know the stillers they like to pick up the best available player.They always believed they can get a dback in the later rounds.

Callax
12-09-2010, 04:36 PM
I think they need to go after one good DL, rest be CB's and OL

SteelJunkie
12-09-2010, 05:54 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4398/29853532.jpg
We are winning there is nothing wrong with our cornerbacks!

:P

coach
12-09-2010, 10:19 PM
We will pick late again. We don't trade up or down much. We do take the best player and we have needs on both lines. Peterson and Amukamara will be gone before we pick. Would we have a shot at these guys and what will the board look like at that point?

CB Janoris Jenkins, 5' 11" 189 lbs. Florida (JR)

CB Brandon Burton, 6' 1" 190 lbs. Utah

CB Ras-I Dowling 6' 2" 200 lbs. Virginia

I remember last year many of us were salavating for Earl Thomas. Pouncey turned out to be a monster pick. I just want our first pick to come in and contribute like Pouncey. I could live with a DB though because our secondary needs to be upgraded. My guess right now is that it won't be, but things will start to heat up in here soon with all kinds of speculation.

JensK
12-10-2010, 07:30 AM
I really really believe that Ras-I Dowling is going to translate into a FS in NFL.

Zachintosh66
12-10-2010, 08:49 AM
Realisticly... we wont draft a CB or DB untill Day 3 *rolls eyes*

cmerrifield
12-10-2010, 09:20 AM
Its always dangerous with the DB's for LeBeau, he doesnt like to play them as rookies or first year guys, that is why we went back to McFadden. Hopefully Butler lives up to promise that he showed and Lewis can move to safety. Then I think we stick to Gay, McFadden, Taylor and Butler as our CB's.

airbrake 1
12-10-2010, 06:13 PM
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/4398/29853532.jpg
We are winning there is nothing wrong with our cornerbacks!

:P

baghdad bob kicks ***...great photo

Farrior Fan
12-10-2010, 08:20 PM
I will go on record again - Crezdon Butler is awesome, he will be a very solid CB. But he has to see the field to develop. We already know that Gay is awful, why not put Crezdon? Could it possibly get worse? Really?

coach
12-10-2010, 08:50 PM
All I want for Christmas is a cover corner in the draft. :greenbounce2:

Phdboy2020
12-10-2010, 09:34 PM
I think we do need to upgrade our secondary unit. They are the only weakness on a great defense. I think that we could sign a one of a few free agents. Guys such as Fred Smoot, Ty Law, Anthony Henry, Nick Harper, Cletis Gordon, or our very own longtime Steeler Deshea Townsend could all be available for next year and all these guys have proven track records. As for drafting a DB, guys such as Jimmy Smith(Colorado): great tackler and good coverage skills, Curtis Brown(Texas): great man coverage skills, and Chimdi Chekwa(Ohio State): great zone coverage skills; could be great prospects by the time we pick late in round 1. Safety is a little deeper in the draft this year also. Go Steelers!

Zachintosh66
12-10-2010, 10:45 PM
Guys such as Fred Smoot, Ty Law, Anthony Henry, Nick Harper, Cletis Gordon, or our very own longtime Steeler Deshea Townsend could all be available for next year and all these guys have proven track records.

Dude, Every one of those guys you mentioned above are out of the NFL... cmon man! :duh:

Not much realistic CB help in FA's. However there are several decent FS I wouldnt mind snagging: Huff, Witner, Griffin

If im not mistaken i think both cinci CB's contracts are up, both are decent. Cant find a recent and acurate list online. Anyone got a link to one?

JensK
12-11-2010, 06:48 AM
Dude, Every one of those guys you mentioned above are out of the NFL... cmon man! :duh:

Not much realistic CB help in FA's. However there are several decent FS I wouldnt mind snagging: Huff, Witner, Griffin

If im not mistaken i think both cinci CB's contracts are up, both are decent. Cant find a recent and acurate list online. Anyone got a link to one?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/db.html

Admitted, its not 100 % current, as a few of those have received a new contract.

Rampage
12-11-2010, 02:25 PM
I could see this team picking a corner in the draft; however, not in the first. They are going to be picking late in the round, and I doubt that the talent there will be worthy of a first rounder. I can see OL/DL in the first, then corner in the second or third. Who knows, maybe Butler can step up his game and beat out Bmac for a starting corner spot.

pimplydan
12-12-2010, 09:35 AM
All I can say here,I been looking at cb for the last 5 drafts and I can tell you one thing.The cb I was hoping for the most was Darrelle Revis in 2007.Unfortunately the Jets had pick 14,Steelers pick 15,they took Revis so we went with Lawrance Tmmons.I love Timmons he is great,but I am sure if Revis was there he's a steeler.

Lunchbucket
12-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I will go on record again - Crezdon Butler is awesome, he will be a very solid CB. But he has to see the field to develop. We already know that Gay is awful, why not put Crezdon? Could it possibly get worse? Really?

I would like to see more of this guy get some real time game exposure and show us what he's got.

pimplydan
12-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Are you talking about Timmins,he's playing, he had more tackles than Ray Lewis at MLB,should be chosen for pro bowl.Yes we will see alot more out of him,he is a gamer!

V_83
12-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Are you talking about Timmins,he's playing, he had more tackles than Ray Lewis at MLB,should be chosen for pro bowl.Yes we will see alot more out of him,he is a gamer!

Pretty sure he was talking about Butler, and not Timmons.

Lunchbucket
12-13-2010, 11:27 AM

Sorry, To clear up any confusion, I was refering to seeing more of Butler and how he would stand up to real game speed.I agree Timmons should be a pro bowl player he is having a solid season.:yellowthumb:

jnes1216
12-15-2010, 06:49 PM
I was hoping for Kyle Wilson last year, but WOW I am so glad they got Pouncey. I really think they should go offensive line with the 1st round again. I love the skill positions too but we all know where the game is won and lost.

Phdboy2020
12-15-2010, 09:30 PM
We really need either an O-Lineman or a shutdown corner in the 1st round this year. I personally would say corner. I think lineman are deep this year and we can get a starter in the 2nd or 3rd round. Ben is still gonna hold onto the ball a little longer anyway, so he will take his share of sacks regardless of who is blocking for him. Go Steelers!

coach
12-18-2010, 02:23 AM

I know we don't do it often, but we hit a home run with Troy. Could you imagine a top rated CB in the secondary? If we take a guy from another team, you know what you get (most of the time). I love it when you pick up a rookie and they out-perform your expectations. Could you imagine if we drafted a CB in first and he contributed as much as Pouncey this year?
That would be Nirvana.

Farrior Fan
12-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Crezdon was a shutdown CB at Clemson, teams did not throw his way at all. Yet we have not given him any playing time. Unless he is just bad in practice we have to give him some reps vs. Carolina.

Phdboy2020
12-22-2010, 10:07 PM
I agree. We really should give Butler some reps before we make any decisions on the CB position in the future. Although, we could use another shutdown corner in our scheme.

andyg1984
12-23-2010, 12:32 AM
imo we really do not need a shut-down corner .. with the pass-rush we are able to create we just need slightly better corner(s?) .. i agree it would be nice to see a sure starter in the pipeline tho

but i would take a better FS (Rahim Moore).. better depth at SS