PDA

View Full Version : Time to resod Heinz Field again

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2010, 03:47 PM
This upcoming weekend is the usual high school football frenzy happening at our beloved Heinz Field, and on top of that Pitt is playing WVU so the field will be a disaster by Sunday.

The Steelers are doing their annual tradition of resodding the field after the event since there won't be anything left of the current grass.

Thus begins the "bring on the field turf" debate...

steelersbabex25
11-23-2010, 03:54 PM
They need to be resoding once a week. That field is a mess.

DIESELMAN
11-23-2010, 04:18 PM
I read somewhere after the game against the Raiders, that some teams have complained about the condition of the field, most recently, the Patsies. It also said the NFL is keeping an eye on the "situation"

jpele
11-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Art should tell the NFL " if you're concerned about player health,you re-sod the field with Harrisons fine money" .

Ibleedblk&gld
11-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Doesn't matter for Sunday, our game is in buffalo

LatrobePA
11-23-2010, 04:51 PM
I'd like to resod with Tom Brady's hair (prick)!! lol

SteelerEyeZ
11-23-2010, 05:34 PM
THe NFL wants to perfect again because of the offense they want a fast field

F U GODell

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Yeah, they started taking notice to the field more closely around the time Jeff Reed was complaining about it. That field gets used so much it just gets torn up in every way possible. Most stadiums don't have a college team using it as well so that field gets twice the use and then compounded with the high school championship games there, it's a nightmare.

DanRooney
11-23-2010, 07:04 PM
This falls on Rooney if one of our players gets injured because of the field conditions.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-23-2010, 11:09 PM
It's just like playing in the rain, ya either rise above it or ya don't. It isn't called home field advantage for nothing...

lloydfan4life
11-23-2010, 11:17 PM

:coffeecough:

:plus1:

steelersbabex25
11-23-2010, 11:36 PM
It's just like playing in the rain, ya either rise above it or ya don't. It isn't called home field advantage for nothing...

True. It's Heinz Field. You're complaining because you want US to resod OUR field so that YOU can play better? :scratch: I'm talking to you, Patriots.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-23-2010, 11:58 PM
The players have spoken up before about how they prefer the grass. For as much as a pain in the butt that it is to upkeep and all the money they waste every single year to resod it who could blame them if they went to field turf. The Rooney's never will though... :dunno:

greg1964
11-24-2010, 11:56 AM
The Steelers next two games are on the road: And with 4 of the following last 5 games at home, the truf will be in great shape for the playoff run.

igor0190
11-24-2010, 12:10 PM
Real grass lends itself well to how the Steelers traditionally like to play football. Power running game, nasty defense. It gives us an advantage because other teams are not used to it, and also is a slower surface for passing teams with deep threat WR's. I wouldn't have it any other way. Football was meant to be played on real grass!!

steelergurl79
11-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Amen to that! Real football is played on dirt & grass in 15 degree weather in the elements.....Not on plastic grass in airconditioned dome!

Scorp
11-24-2010, 01:14 PM
Hank hill and his buddies have taken care of a football field before. Get him on the phone.

Rampage
11-24-2010, 07:46 PM

Fact: He combs it 100 times before bed every night.

steelersbabex25
11-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Fact: He combs it 100 times before bed every night.

Fact: His wife beats him if he doesn't.

chisteeler
11-24-2010, 10:21 PM
...And just because I liked to do it so much...I cut that grass for free!

Rampage
11-24-2010, 10:43 PM

Think the Steelers could sign her as a DE?

GoBenGo
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
The turf is horrible...an abomination...look at how many warriors went down injured last game....both teams...lots of knees, hips, ankles...I don't see how they can justify putting the same ess down year after year....especially since it is used by colleges and high schools when other fields in the league are not...you would think with the added revenue of all of these events would afford the Rooneys the resources to put a field surface down that is worthy of the amount off usage that is demanded of it...like trying to do a contractors job with residential grade equipment....it just doesn't cut it...:2cents:

LarryNJ
11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
I agree with GoBen. Money shouldn't be an issue. I don't buy the Pitt and HS use excuse. Temple uses the same field as the Eagles along with Army Navy game and other events. The weather is similar in Philly and I never heard any complaints about their grass. Something needs to be done and turf isn't the answer.

GoBenGo
11-25-2010, 03:14 PM
I don't buy the Pitt and HS use excuse. Temple uses the same field as the Eagles along with Army Navy game and other events. The weather is similar in Philly and I never heard any complaints about their grass. Something needs to be done and turf isn't the answer.:yellowthumb:LNJ
From wikipedia :

The Army–Navy football game is also played at the stadium. Temple University's Division I FBS college football team also plays their home games at Lincoln Financial Field, paying the Eagles $1 million a year to do so. The Philadelphia Union of MLS also play exhibition games here against high-profile international clubs when their stadium PPL Park does not provide adequate seating.
The Linc also plays host to several soccer games each year, and in the past two years it has played host to the NCAA lacrosse national championship.
Lincoln financial field has a ton more traffic than hienz field, or so it seems...
No talk of sand pits or divots here....:evilshake:

lloydfan4life
11-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Fact: If the commish hears of this she will get a fine and suspension.

steelersbabex25
11-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Fact: If the commish hears of this she will get a fine and suspension.

Fact: He'll also probably force a divorce. NOBODY TOUCHES TOM BRADY. Nobody.