PDA

View Full Version : The Jerks on First Take

Steelerlyn
11-22-2010, 11:59 AM
First take is talking about "the punch" they think it was okay on Seymour's part

they said that "probably women all over America stood and cheered."

Is everyone against us?

I do agree that all teams are targeted, because I live in MI I watch all the Lions games and they have a ton of penalities every week. Yesterday, they were ahead of Dallas and would have won the game but the refs were flag happy. A lions player grabbed a dallas guy by the hair *which was explained is legal, the hair is considered part of the uniform." The refs called that as a horse collar, later they called another one that was a td, face mask. None of that even happened. The commentators were amazed at the wrong calls. I have become used to it. I could go on and on, but I will spare you :) lol

igor0190
11-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Unfortunately the media influence regarding the Ben situation painted him as a guilty rapist. When in reality, it wasn't even close to that. The uninformed will continue to believe this, and there's not much anyone can do about it.

The refs have been told to call everything whether even the close calls "in the name of player safety". They are doing what the league has told them to do. Unfortunately all these penalties are making the games hard to watch as the officials are having way too much impact on the game.

xBlitzBurghx
11-22-2010, 12:13 PM
If they want to hate, let them hate and watch the trophies pile up.

LarryNJ
11-22-2010, 12:25 PM
First take is talking about "the punch" they think it was okay on Seymour's part

they said that "probably women all over America stood and cheered."

Was it that Dana Jacobson bitch?

I do agree that all teams are targeted, because I live in MI I watch all the Lions games and they have a ton of penalities every week. Yesterday, they were ahead of Dallas and would have won the game but the refs were flag happy. A lions player grabbed a dallas guy by the hair *which was explained is legal, the hair is considered part of the uniform." The refs called that as a horse collar, later they called another one that was a td, face mask. None of that even happened. The commentators were amazed at the wrong calls. I have become used to it. I could go on and on, but I will spare you :) lol

Exactly Lyn! It's happening in almost every game against every team. The league is a mess and they really need to get control over this.

franchise3
11-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Ben might even have grounds for a lawsuit against ESPN for that comment. He was not convicted of anything; classless comment if you ask me and ESPN should fine whoever said that.

igor0190
11-22-2010, 12:49 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/contact?lang=EN&country=united states
Category: TV Studio Shows
Item: ESPN First Take

Tell them their analysts should use their brains before spewing out garbage.

Clevelandsux
11-22-2010, 01:03 PM
We had some jagoff here in Cleveland make a snide comment about it on the local news. He was like "oh play that again! I love it". F**K you!

If someone decked Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, they would be condemned for life. Basically, Seymour is a sore loser. His team was getting there asses kicked. Classless move. And he shouldn't be defended.

First of all, which ESPN analyst said this? Ben was not convicted of anything. But, everyone is washing Michael Vicks nuts right now. This guy was convicted. He killed how many animals??? Hey I'm all for letting a guy redemn himself, but just sayin.

Steelerlyn
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
We had some jagoff here in Cleveland make a snide comment about it on the local news. He was like "oh play that again! I love it". F**K you!

If someone decked Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, they would be condemned for life. Basically, Seymour is a sore loser. His team was getting there asses kicked. Classless move. And he shouldn't be defended.

First of all, which ESPN analyst said this? Ben was not convicted of anything. But, everyone is washing Michael Vicks nuts right now. This guy was convicted. He killed how many animals??? Hey I'm all for letting a guy redemn himself, but just sayin.

All of them except Skip Bayless, Skip said that it was amusing that Ben would fall to the ground from that slap when he with stands running 300+ pound men

igor0190
11-22-2010, 01:35 PM
All of them except Skip Bayless, Skip said that it was amusing that Ben would fall to the ground from that slap when he with stands running 300+ pound men

What a dumb comment.

Maybe Skip Bayless should do a little experiment with himself and Manny Pacqoiu punching him in the jaw. I'm sure he outweighs Pacqoiu. I bet skippy hits the ground

mcfly06
11-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Well i know for a fact that Michelle Bedell on Sports Nation on ESPN2,has a thing for Ben.She feels he shouldnt be playing,but yet she bows down to brett farve.She use to love Ben now she just trashes him everytime collin talks about him.Dana Jacbos is dumb too she dont like ben either anymore.I thought ESPN were the best in the sports bussines i guess not,they need to get their facts stright cuz alot of them have a thing for the Steelers and think ben raped those girls.

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm a woman, and I can say pretty confidently that I was not cheering at that moment.

--- Added 11/22/2010 at 02:00 PM ---

Some moron on Sportscenter: "Looks like Roethlisberger probably asked for it."

For the record, I thought the league in all it's components were supporting this whole flag football league that the NFL is becoming. Just so we're clear, although it was a violent punch and clearly delivered with the intention to hurt Roethlisberger, it doesn't matter anymore because he, "probably asked for it?" Hm. Interesting.

LatrobePA
11-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Whatever, Seymour is just pissed Ben never called her back, I mean him!

steelchamp204
11-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I wrote to espn and complained about this comment and demanded an explanation so I can put it on over 1000 sportstalk boards and see how they ****in like it.

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 05:41 PM
Another update: on NFL Primetime during the recap of the game, I don't remember who the two anchors were, but one asked the other if the call against Harrison was a good call or a bad call, and all he said was, "I'm done with all these bad calls." So atleast SOMEONE is on our side.

--- Added 11/22/2010 at 04:29 PM ---

Around the Horn update: All 3 reporters said that it was a dive by Roethlisberger, and that there should be no suspension OR fine for Seymour. :scratch:

Oh, but it gets worse. Tim Cowlishaw also said that not only should Seymour not be suspended or fined, but BEN ROETHLISBERGER should be suspended for putting HIS hands on Seymour first! :fcs: Does a Steeler players have to get shot down in cold blood by an opponent for them to get any sympathy?

Everyone seems to be using the fact that Ben said something to Seymour first as an excuse. HELLO? Does that condone his actions? Harrison's going to be fined for TACKLING Jason Campbell, DURING a play. And everyone seems to be perfectly fine with that. But people for some reason don't think that it's appropriate for Seymour to be fined after he punched Roethlisberger in the face AFTER THE PLAY WAS OVER?! :cursin:

--- Added 11/22/2010 at 04:41 PM ---

I'M GOING TO GO DOWN TO ESPN AND DEMAND TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT THIS INJUSTICE. Now, on PTI, Wilbon is coming on saying that he doesn't blame Seymour, and that all that stuff should be taken care of on the field....EXCUSE ME?! Now, these are the same people who are agreeing with Roger Goodell in all his flag football fury, am I wrong here? HOW IN THE WORLD, can you say Harrison and Woodley and whoever else should be fined for those hits, and then come on and say that everything should be taken care of ON THE FIELD? What?!?!

He also said that the Steelers should have been all over Seymour, and he should have been leaving the game with cleat marks on his face. HELLO MIKE WILBON, if they did that, you'd be commenting on how barbaric they are, and that they should have just seperated them and let it go. Can the Steelers do anything right now-a-days? Side note: Tony Kornheiser is always the voice of reason. Atleast HE said that Seymour should be suspended.

Thanks for listening to my rant :) This kind of stuff just really gets my blood boiling.

scpc
11-22-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm a woman and I am not cheering either.

Goodfrom55
11-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Well i know for a fact that Michelle Bedell on Sports Nation on ESPN2,has a thing for Ben.She feels he shouldnt be playing,but yet she bows down to brett farve.She use to love Ben now she just trashes him everytime collin talks about him.Dana Jacbos is dumb too she dont like ben either anymore.I thought ESPN were the best in the sports bussines i guess not,they need to get their facts stright cuz alot of them have a thing for the Steelers and think ben raped those girls.

Innocent till proven guilty. . .timing. . .Ben was neither charged with a crime, nor arrested. it just goes to show that the the public and the media believe what they want to believe, for the most part. . .Lemmings!

If Ben faked the "fall" from Dick Seymour's punch, good for him.

steelchamp204
11-22-2010, 06:56 PM
I rarely watch espn anymore, its just as big of joke as the nfl, I just get online and come here and the post gazzette to stay updated. Espn is the mtv cribs of sports. Its pathetic. If that was harrison punching brady in the face wilbon and everyone else woulda been saying he deserves a two game suspension. but its all about the jersey you wear.

--- Added 11/22/2010 at 05:55 PM ---

so this is what I emailed espn.

First take is talking about "the punch" they think it was okay on Seymour's part they said that "probably women all over America stood and cheered." End of quote, seriously? Espn pretty much painted ben as being a rapists and did no such thing of backing him up as he was not even convited or even Guilty of anything. And for your analyst to say "probably women all over the world stood up and cheered." is a embarrassment to yourselves. I didnt think you guys would stoop that low on national tv, but I guees I was wrong. Can I please get an explanation for this? I really wanna see this so I can put it all over steeler nation boards and steeler sites. Cant believe you guys would say something that low. Im sure Im not the only one who has emailed you about this.

--- Added 11/22/2010 at 05:56 PM ---

and this is what I got.

We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

so we will see what they say.

Goodfrom55
11-22-2010, 07:31 PM
We appreciate you taking the time to write and share your thoughts with us. We have shared your comments with the appropriate personnel for their review and consideration.

so we will see what they say.

Chances are it's already in the deleted file folder and was likely never opened.

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Chances are it's already in the deleted file folder and was likely never opened.

Oh hey guys, we got an e-mail! Oh wait, it's from a Steeler fan. Do we have that new automated response ready that's strictly for people e-mailing us about the Steelers?

We don't appreciate you taking the time to write and share your homer thoughts with us. We will most likely (and by that we mean definitely) not read comments with the appropriate personnel (psh, like there is such thing) for their review and consideration.

Also, go die.

Steelerlyn
11-22-2010, 09:08 PM
Here is what I sent:

I was amazed to hear the crew on First Take when discussing the Seymouyr hit on Ben make the comment about how women everywhere stood up and cheered.
That was a classless remark, Ben was never charged with anything. I watch your show daily and you are as fed up with the Steelers as is the NFL who is aggressively working to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl......It will not work, fella and ladies. Keep yuking it up about the love of the NFL office, the Pathetic Patsies, and hope your butt does not get sued for making that comment about Ben.

and here is the immediate response I got :

Case # 00566347
Dear Lynda,

Thank you for writing.

The high volume of correspondence we receive prohibits us from personally
acknowledging every email. Your comments, concerns and/or compliments are shared
with our executives and other appropriate personnel and they're appreciative of
the input. If you have a specific question about ESPN's programming or ESPN, Inc
we will reply to you as quickly as possible.

Thank You,
ESPN Customer Care

jnes1216
11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Well you can add Tom Jackson to the list. In his "come on, man" segment he said Ben should never have touched Seymour. The same guy who went crazy about McClain crossing the line and spitting on the dolphins player.

I did see Z. Hood run on field and help Ben, first time he got to the QB this year! lol.

SteelersGirlTN7
11-22-2010, 10:37 PM
Why were NONE of them talking about the atrocious ref calls? I had ESPN on most of the day and saw not a word of it! It was all about Vince Young, Childress, and Seymour hitting Ben! I guess they were trying to limit the exposure to only those who saw the game so that the lie that is the Steelers are always helped by the refs can live on!

KSSteelerfan
11-22-2010, 10:38 PM
Here is what I sent:

I was amazed to hear the crew on First Take when discussing the Seymouyr hit on Ben make the comment about how women everywhere stood up and cheered.
That was a classless remark, Ben was never charged with anything. I watch your show daily and you are as fed up with the Steelers as is the NFL who is aggressively working to keep the Steelers out of the Super Bowl......It will not work, fella and ladies. Keep yuking it up about the love of the NFL office, the Pathetic Patsies, and hope your butt does not get sued for making that comment about Ben.

and here is the immediate response I got :

Case # 00566347
Dear Lynda,

Thank you for writing.

acknowledging every email. Your comments, concerns and/or compliments are shared
the input. If you have a specific question about ESPN's programming or ESPN, Inc

Thank You,
ESPN Customer Care

An absolutely Pathetic and lame response from the network that is a shill for the cheatriots.....:pissonpats:

mwittman5
11-22-2010, 11:53 PM
I emailed and got a different response

my email:
I would like to let you guys at ESPN know that I am thoroughly disgusted with a remark Skip Bayless made regarding Ben Roethlisberger. He said women throughout America stood up and cheered when he was punched. This is a very immature and inappropriate thing for a professional commentator to say.

their response:
Dear Michael,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Sincerely,

Sean
ESPN Viewer Response

steelchamp204
11-23-2010, 12:30 AM
whys everyone doing what i started lmao? And skip didnt say that man, you gotta get your quotes and who said them right :(

mwittman5
11-23-2010, 12:39 AM
whys everyone doing what i started lmao? And skip didnt say that man, you gotta get your quotes and who said them right :(

oh someone told me it was Skip :banging:. oh well they get the point :duh:

steelchamp204
11-23-2010, 12:48 AM
oh someone told me it was Skip :banging:. oh well they get the point :duh:

its ok man just bustin ur chops.

Moondog
11-23-2010, 09:43 AM
It's all gonna be alright. Karmic justice will prevail. The Steelers just need to keep playing their brand of football like they did against Oakland and no one will be able to stop them. The refs tried and it still didn't work. Let the haters hate, seeth, and whine. It's called jealousy folks, couldn't you see the gleam in the eye of espn host Jay (Clown fan) as he kept on saying Ben "got slapped down". Like Ben said (paraphrase): "we have six lombardies in the trophy case and we're known as being a tough and physical team and so there are going to be people who are not going to like that." I just rest easy in the truth and to all the haters: eat ****.

scpc
11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Why don't we all email them at the same time, and blow up their server. :grin1:

Steelerlyn
11-23-2010, 10:32 AM
I checked my emai and got this from espn this am:

Dear Lynda,

Thank you for writing.

Thank You,
ESPN Customer Care

The reason I wrote, steelchamp is because you so kindly posted their contact info. I never would have thought to send them an email had you not been so kind as to post that info. I did hear what they said so my email was correct, but I do know what you mean bvy sending the wrong info...... and thanks again:)

steelchamp204
11-23-2010, 04:21 PM
I checked my emai and got this from espn this am:

Dear Lynda,

Thank you for writing.

Thank You,
ESPN Customer Care

The reason I wrote, steelchamp is because you so kindly posted their contact info. I never would have thought to send them an email had you not been so kind as to post that info. I did hear what they said so my email was correct, but I do know what you mean bvy sending the wrong info...... and thanks again:)

what?:banging: