PDA

View Full Version : What DE's Should we go after??!

mcfly06
11-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I know its early to talk draft stuff but with the injuries to smith and keisel,we have to think about it.Considering well be picking low it still might be ok to get some of these guys that i think should be top of our board for this position..

1.)Adrian Clayborn-Iowa
2.)Allen Bailey-Miami (Fl)
3.)Cam Heyward-Ohio St.
4.)Ryan Kerrigan-Prudue; I'd rate him higher than Heyward tho.
5.)Cam Jordan-Cal
6.)Greg Romeus-Pitt

Just to name a few,you guys can add other names or if you agree!!

coach
11-21-2010, 08:28 PM
I like that guy called Cover Corner. He will help all the DEs.

Here are a couple vids on you tube you may be interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqgdl6c958&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdm1Gnf-yoY

mcfly06
11-21-2010, 10:18 PM
I like that guy called Cover Corner. He will help all the DEs.

Here are a couple vids on you tube you may be interested in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqqgdl6c958&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdm1Gnf-yoY

thanks for the videos,id love to have Prince Amukamara-CB from Nebraska but i dont see him on the board when the steelers pick,might be wrong.But i dont totaly agree with that mock draft video,id like for us in sted of the lb from BC.Look at maybe Greg Lloyd from UCONN,Greg Jones-Michigan St.,Casey Matthews-Oregon,Von Miller-Texas A&M.It's hard to tell what well take they might surprize us like they did when we too Mendenhall.

Rampage
11-22-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm not a big college football guy, but I give the Pitt games a shot when I have the opportunity. I really like Romeus, but there are two major obstacles I see with him: 1) He is a Pitt player. The Steelers typically ignore anyone coming from Pitt. 2) Can he pull it off in a 3-4?

K Train
11-22-2010, 12:48 PM
I know its early to talk draft stuff but with the injuries to smith and keisel,we have to think about it.Considering well be picking low it still might be ok to get some of these guys that i think should be top of our board for this position..

1.)Adrian Clayborn-Iowa
2.)Allen Bailey-Miami (Fl)
3.)Cam Heyward-Ohio St.
4.)Ryan Kerrigan-Prudue; I'd rate him higher than Heyward tho.
5.)Cam Jordan-Cal
6.)Greg Romeus-Pitt

Just to name a few,you guys can add other names or if you agree!!

heyward isnt a pass rusher, but hes a monster 34 DE....i like baliey alot but hes so raw.

Clayborn is a monster in either scheme.

Romeus is a 34 OLB not a DE, he can play 43 DE but would get owned in a 34.

mcfly06
11-22-2010, 02:16 PM
heyward isnt a pass rusher, but hes a monster 34 DE....i like baliey alot but hes so raw.

Clayborn is a monster in either scheme.

Romeus is a 34 OLB not a DE, he can play 43 DE but would get owned in a 34.

I doubt theyd pick Romeus,i really like that guy from Wisconsin tho JJ Watt.He'd be a good fit.

steelchamp204
11-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Romeus then heyward then claybor, we dont want nene from mizzou, we learned that lesson with ziggy :(

K Train
11-23-2010, 01:28 PM
romeus is the opposite of what were looking for....clayborn would be amazing in our scheme and heyward would still be a great pick hes a prototype 5 tech.

pitt homers lol

mcfly06
11-23-2010, 04:45 PM
Does anyone think they will even go DE with the first pick?What about corner??

K Train
11-23-2010, 04:49 PM
if clayborn, bailey, or heyward are there they better take them at this point....i think all 3 guys are gonna be valued pretty high in the draft. if they take corner id only really want brandon harris in the first assuming prince and peterson are long gone

andyg1984
11-23-2010, 05:14 PM
I noticed Heyward slipping into the late first and 2nd in some rankings .. is that more of the typical positional value shift we see where big school defensive players tend to drop or is it on performance this year?

while we are on DB's - do you like janoris jenkins?

So, one last question .. sps we live in a perfect world and you could choose between Heyward, Harris and Julio .. who do you take ? My vote is for Julio , him underneath and wallace deep would be LETHAL

K Train
11-23-2010, 05:20 PM
no one quite knew where to place heyward....some had him pegged as a top 5 pick, thats mostly because of guys like tyson jackson. but tyson jackson is the exception for players like them, not the rule. they typically will fall in favor of big time DTs and 43 ends.

heyward could very well sneak into the top 10-15, but i doubt it....hed be a perfect fit for us, his poor production is in the pass rushing department, but we dont need that, hes still a monster against the run

i like janoris jenkins alot, but im not sure how a CB as anti physical as him would work with our team...i wouldnt hate it, but i hope they let him man up and play to his strengths

out of the 3 i take julio every time....hes the best blocking WR ive ever seen, he has freakish ability and is a terror after the catch, he would be such a good fit

mcfly06
11-23-2010, 11:21 PM
So, one last question .. sps we live in a perfect world and you could choose between Heyward, Harris and Julio .. who do you take ? My vote is for Julio , him underneath and wallace deep would be LETHAL

Id love to have Julio Jones,that would be a good pick if he was still there when we pick.Your Right that would lethal!!AND yes he is the best blocking WR in college.Sence were talking about WR's;What about,Austin Pettis or Titus Young from Boise State.Would you pick one of them if they were there.Not first round i dont think we would,but if one falls to 2nd round?

K Train
11-23-2010, 11:41 PM
the boise guys are looking to be 3rd-5th rounders.....this is such a deep WR class

Black@Gold Forever32
11-25-2010, 12:39 AM
Clayborn will probably be long by the time the Steelers pick....He is a top 15 guy or better.....I think Marcell Dareus from Bama will be gone.......

Allen Bailey, Cameron Jordan, Nick Fairley, Cameron Heyward, Jarvis Jenkins are 3-4 DE's I would consider in rounds 1-3 after Clayborn or Dareus are drafted......Cameron Jordan could rise up draft boards as well......

My first round board for the Steelers at the moment.....I would be fine with a top DE at this point since I think its a huge need.........Bailey, Jordan, Fairley, Heyward.....Really doesn't matter.....

Derek Sherrod an OT from Miss. State is also high on my list.....Its a very weak year for OT's but Sherrod is a very good fit for the Steelers offense......DeMarcus Love is my favorite OT in this class but he needs coached up bad.....Love is the perfect example of a boom/bust prospect.....But I wouldn't consider until round 3.......

I wouldn't mind a WR if one of the top 4 fell.....Ktrain hates Jonathan Baldwin but I think he is a stud and will be at the next level......I have seen Baldwin and Michael Floyd from Notre Dame play the most....I like both players very much.....Of course Jones is one hell of a player to......

Other WR's I like....Austin Pettis, Dwayne Harris, Greg Little, DeAndre Brown..........Of course none of these guys in the first round....Talking later rounds here......

K Train
11-25-2010, 12:46 AM
i dont think baldwin is even looking like a first round guy anymore.

Green
Jones
Blackmon
Floyd

are the big 4 right now, and baldwin might not be as good as hankerson or little at this point either

derreck sherrod is the only OT id consider in round 1....such a weak class, id like guys like carimi in the second.

heyward or bailey would excite me greatly, or if we needed to go corner id love brandon harris

mike pouncey is also a great possibility

mcfly06
11-25-2010, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't mind a WR if one of the top 4 fell.....Ktrain hates Jonathan Baldwin but I think he is a stud and will be at the next level......I have seen Baldwin and Michael Floyd from Notre Dame play the most....I like both players very much.....Of course Jones is one hell of a player to......

Other WR's I like....Austin Pettis, Dwayne Harris, Greg Little, DeAndre Brown..........Of course none of these guys in the first round....Talking later rounds here......

Id like to have Austin Pettis,DeAndre Brown would be good too.Give Ben a tall target to throw too.