PDA

View Full Version : Your feelings about Suisham

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
I'm not to sure about him yet. We didn't get to see him kick any field goals, but as far as kickoffs go I'm not sold. If this was the best we could get I would have rather kept Reed. He couldn't get the balls past the 10 yard line.

I will say this though, his kicks were high atleast and he gave plenty of time for the coverage to get down field. If he learns to kick it 5 more yards, then we'll talk.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
He kicked off about the same as Reed does, our ST coverage can compensate for that. I personally don't care about his kick offs. I just want him to make his FG's and PAT's. Today he got plenty of work and made all his attempts. If he sits on the sidelines and only comes out for PAT's then our team is doing it's job.

It is what it is, he is the guy, and lets see how he does as the games go on.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Sucked!!

Scorp
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
He was perfect TODAY. But we need to see him kick some 35-50 yarders. It felt good to see them all go in. The crowd seemed to love it. Great job Suisham. Keep it up.

jpele
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
It was a mistake to give Reed the boot , they should have brought Suisham in and told Reed beat him or you're out.

Now we have a kicker that kicks off to the 10 yard line and no idea what he'll do under pressure when he has to make an important field goal.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
It wasn't a mistake to bring in Suisham. Tomlin sent a message to the team and Reed was part of that statement. It's quite evident that it was the correct move because Reed had 2 offers within a day of being cut and he turned them down to give himself some time alone. Don't tell me it wasn't in his head, he knows he isn't the same guy right now and this break is good for him and it had to be done unfortunately.

We'll see how Suisham does but for right now he's perfect..lol

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 06:05 PM
He was perfect TODAY. But we need to see him kick some 35-50 yarders. It felt good to see them all go in. The crowd seemed to love it. Great job Suisham. Keep it up.

Perfect? Yeah. 5/5 on PATs. That isn't really making me love him.

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
It would have been nice to see Suisham kick a few FG's but if the offense scores 4-5 TD's a game and he doesnt have to kick any field goals the entire game then so be it. Hopefully he gets to kick some Field Goals in Buffalo next week and get him ready to kick in the Ravens game where the Steelers I feel are really going to need Suisham to come up big...

DanRooney
11-21-2010, 06:08 PM
It was a mistake to give Reed the boot , they should have brought Suisham in and told Reed beat him or you're out.

Now we have a kicker that kicks off to the 10 yard line and no idea what he'll do under pressure when he has to make an important field goal.

How is that any different than Reed?

I think I'd rather have no idea if he can make an important field goal than to absolutely know he won't make one.

And he did boot one into the endzone. Which was the same number Reed had all last year.

jnes1216
11-21-2010, 06:19 PM
This will be determined best when the first crucial field goal comes into play. I had no problem with what he did today. I liked cutting Reed.

Prosdo
11-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Kind of hard to judge. He never had to kick a FG. Glad he didn't miss any extra points though.

jpele
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
How is that any different than Reed?

I think I'd rather have no idea if he can make an important field goal than to absolutely know he won't make one.

Suisham last field goal try was a missed 23 yard attempt,sound familiar,Reed made 15 of 22 so how does that translate into an absolute miss ?

Rampage
11-21-2010, 06:33 PM
He did what was expected of him. This could be good for him. Get some confidence, gain some experience with his long snapper and holder, and win a game. I would not have minded a field goal, but I'll take the touchdowns!

coach
11-21-2010, 06:42 PM
I know we are discussing him today because he is new. We will know soon enough if it was a good move, but I think Reed was in a bad place and not helping the team win. Hopefully he is not the frequent topic of discussion in this forum. That won't be good.

jpele
11-21-2010, 06:46 PM
I'm not saying bringing Suisham in was a mistake,I'm saying it was a mistake firing Reed without pressuring him with a challenger to his job.

Obviouslywe are few kicks away until we know the result of this move.

LarryNJ
11-21-2010, 07:22 PM
Is it possible that launching Reed woke up the entire team? If so that alone was a message well sent.

Too early to tell on Suisham, but I doubt that he will be worse.

Zachintosh66
11-21-2010, 07:29 PM
Did u hear the crowd after his first PAT, :lol:

someone said "we gotta see him kicking some FG's first"
screw that, lets just keep scoring TD's baby!

KSSteelerfan
11-21-2010, 08:08 PM
He really didn't do anything that would make me think that he was a bad pick up for the Steelers....

SteelerEyeZ
11-21-2010, 08:22 PM
my 2 cents:

He made his PAT's....he didn't do worse then Reed on Kickoffs....BUT we didn't need him to kick field goals, u know what maybe this whole situation put more pressure on the offense to get in the Red Zone and SCORE TDS...if this move made that happen then im happy

steelfury455
11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
yeah, any one of us could have made those PATs. kick offs were no real improvment over Reed. lets see if he can nail a 45 yarder game winner before we start stroking this guy off. my bet is we'll be clammering for JR to come back before that...

Dee Mca
11-21-2010, 11:02 PM
I'm not to sure about him yet. We didn't get to see him kick any field goals, but as far as kickoffs go I'm not sold. If this was the best we could get I would have rather kept Reed. He couldn't get the balls past the 10 yard line.

His kicks went to the 9, 8, 6, 10 another went 2 yards deep into the end zone and the last was a touch back. I think he did way better than Skippy. Plus all his kicks gave plenty of time for the coverage to get down the field. If he continues what he did today we will forget all about Skippy.

GoBenGo
11-21-2010, 11:28 PM
Swishy is my favorite today....

Clevelandsux
11-22-2010, 01:04 AM
Luckily we didn't need him. We score tds, are worries are solved.

Real Deal Steel
11-22-2010, 03:26 AM
This will be determined best when the first crucial field goal comes into play. I had no problem with what he did today. I liked cutting Reed.

Reed hurt our momentum in the Saints game and the Pats game missing field goals. We will know more about Suisham in the coming two weeks.

greennick
11-22-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm not saying bringing Suisham in was a mistake,I'm saying it was a mistake firing Reed without pressuring him with a challenger to his job.

Obviouslywe are few kicks away until we know the result of this move.

Considering Reed turned down 2 offers since being let go, maybe it was all in his head and extra pressure would have had the opposite effect of what they wanted.

jpele
11-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Considering Reed turned down 2 offers since being let go, maybe it was all in his head

One of the teams were the Bungals can you blame him ?

Dobre Shunka
11-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Ugh...

jnes1216
11-24-2010, 03:50 PM
It would be nice to see Suisham try a field goal in the conditions at Buffalo this Sunday. Just to see how he does, maybe in the 35-45 yard range. I would like TDs of course, but just sayin'.

LatrobePA
11-24-2010, 04:07 PM
He's the 2010 version of Mitch Berger! A patch worked kicker at best!!

jnes1216
11-24-2010, 04:15 PM
He's the 2010 version of Mitch Berger! A patch worked kicker at best!!

Berger was painfully awful, why do you gotta abuse the new guy? :lol:

LatrobePA
11-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Berger was painfully awful, why do you gotta abuse the new guy? :lol:

LOL, I never had too much of a problem with him, we did win a SB with his punts or lack of! :lol: