PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown Punt Returns

jnes1216
11-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Hopefully no more Randle El. The return called back will be a nice emphasis on not giving those duties back to ARE. I'm glad he was virtually eliminated from the game plan today. Nice job Brown!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
Brown and Sanders have worked hard all year long. They've been battling all week, every week, in practice so far this year and the winner getting the game time roster spot. Today they both got their chance and I liked how they responded and both make significant plays for us.

Brown had that nice punt return for a TD even though it was called back I am excited for us to have finally have home run threats in the return game.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 04:51 PM
CYA 82!!

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 04:53 PM
Brown was awesome. That's all that needs to be said. Awesome.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Kudos to Tomlin for making changes, I give him props!!

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Brown also made a big catch right before the Ben TD run as well on 3rd down I believe. So he also contributed as well in the passing game. You see what happens Tomlin when you play guys like Brown instead of rotting them on the bench for garbage like El things like today end up happening...Memo to Tomlin PLAY ****ING Antonio Brown the rest of the season...

jpele
11-21-2010, 04:58 PM
About time,but Tomlin still had to put Randle El in for his "fair catch" at the end.

DanRooney
11-21-2010, 04:59 PM
Kudos to Tomlin for making changes, I give him props!!

I don't give him any kudos for waiting this long to make the move. Randle El was a big reason the game was out of hand last week with his drops, fair catches and INTs.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
I don't give him any kudos for waiting this long to make the move. Randle El was a big reason the game was out of hand last week with his drops, fair catches and INTs.

Better late than never.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM

True, but at least he made the change...

Rampage
11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Very happy with the play of Sanders and Brown when they've been given the chance. This should be a good, young crop of receivers.

JensK
11-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Imagine Sanders and Brown back to return kick-offs.. Good stuff! Especially because it seems like Sanders are not afraid to block

coldrolled
11-21-2010, 10:56 PM
hopefully 84 keeps EL on the sidelines from now on.

Clevelandsux
11-22-2010, 12:11 AM
Didn't see much of El today. Maybe Tomlins getting the message. Now if we could only eliminate Bruce Arians from the gameplan!

chisteeler
11-22-2010, 12:25 AM
Sounds like MT finally said, "Hey, El...my devotion to ah, not pissing off the vets, well ah... it...ends with you." Don't get me wrong, ARE did some great thing for the Black & Gold, but his time has passed. Let the younger athletes do the job and gain experience and win some games. Use ARE in some unexpected roles.

Real Deal Steel
11-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Brown was awesome. That's all that needs to be said. Awesome.

We have to maximize our special teams. Why did it take them this long to realize that Brown/Sanders are the way to go? Let's keep them back there for the remainder of the season. I have a feeling they will come up with a big TD when we need it.

greg1964
11-22-2010, 08:33 AM
Sanders and Brown for the WR and Foster in for Essex: Good moves all around this time: The standard is the standard and EL and Essex have NOT met that standard. Just hope it wasn't a one game experiment.

Rampage
11-22-2010, 10:22 AM
I am fine bringing El in for some gadget plays which is what they did yesterday. He can be valuable to this team if he is used properly. If this line blocked a little better, maybe that flea flicker would have actually worked.

JensK
11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
It's been a while since I've had the feeling that whenever our returners (Sanders and Brown) get the ball, something exciting could happen.. It's truly amazing.

igor0190
11-22-2010, 11:38 AM
I am fine bringing El in for some gadget plays which is what they did yesterday. He can be valuable to this team if he is used properly. If this line blocked a little better, maybe that flea flicker would have actually worked.

Exactly! :plus1:
El has a place as our 4th/5th wide reciever and as a situational punt returner (inside the 20).

Rampage
11-22-2010, 11:48 AM
It's been a while since I've had the feeling that whenever our returners (Sanders and Brown) get the ball, something exciting could happen.. It's truly amazing.

I liked Logan last year and was disappointed to see him go, but with Sanders and Brown, I can see why the team didn't keep him around. I am always a bit worried when I see one of these lanky guys back there as I am concerned with their ability to hold onto the ball, but both these guys show some serious upside. Hard to believe that just a few years ago this team was using Willie Reid and Ricardo Coclough.