PDA

View Full Version : Can you believe that punch? Big fine!!!!! (video included)

Fanforlife
11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
I don't know about you but I think 92 from the raiders should get a big fine for that illegal punch to Ben! I think he should get a bigger fine then what Harrison got! Cause Harrison never did what 92 did,(Sorry I can't remember the player name.) If he doesn't then we all know that there is something wrong with the NFL's Goodall (I think that's his name?) Correct me if I'm wrong. What do you think?

Thanks to Steelerlyn for providing a link to the video - BRC

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...odule=HP_video (http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4802d/Seymour-gets-ejected-after-Steelers-TD?module=HP_video)

:steelersflag5:

Scorp
11-21-2010, 05:45 PM
$50,000

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
It was Seymour, and that better be atleast a 75k fine or I'll go ballistic.

I wonder what Ben said to him. It had to have been something really bad to make him turn around do that so quickly.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Seymour has always been a dirty player. He's taken countless cheap shots over his career. It was completely and totally uncalled for. The play was over and Ben was celebrating with his line and out of nowhere he just clocks Ben right in the jaw on the helmet. No excuse whatsoever for something so stupid, it' doesn't matter if they were jawing back n forth or not.

That better be atleast a 75K fine! Anything less is a disgrace...if Goodell has any integrity he should be suspended for a game too.

jnes1216
If I was Steelers FO I would push for a one game suspension. Technically that's a flagrant hit to the head with bad intentions.

LatrobePA
The first suspension will be handed down for that chicken **** foul!!

I wonder if Ben asked him to repair his TV????

Fanforlife
11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I agree with you! It better be 75k or more or I'll be right there with you going ballistic!!

Diamondhead
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM
They'll probably fine Ben for injuring Seymour's paw with his face mask.

Steel Trap86
11-21-2010, 05:53 PM
he'll get a big fine for that

jpele
11-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Goodell says sorry folks $5000.00 he hit Ben not Brady and was ejected from the game.

harpo
11-21-2010, 05:56 PM
Goodell says sorry folks $5000.00 he hit Ben not Brady and was ejected from the game.

LMAO.....:lol:

Funny, but true. If it was Brady or Manning, he'd get 2 games and would have to publicly apologize to them.

xxxsteelernation
11-21-2010, 05:57 PM
the fine better be within the $200,000 range cause harrison has been popped with a hundred k already, and im expecting 3 more fines after todays game against harrison. and seymores girly slap to ben was 10 times worse than anything harrison has done. if anybody caught that slap it hit ben right in the throat area.. they should be a fine plus suspend him for 3 or 4 games without pay.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
LMAO.....:lol:

Funny, but true. If it was Brady or Manning, he'd get 2 games and would have to publicly apologize to them.

And spit shine their cleats!!

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
the fine better be within the $200,000 range cause harrison has been popped with a hundred k already, and im expecting 3 more fines after todays game against harrison. and seymores girly slap to ben was 10 times worse than anything harrison has done. if anybody caught that slap it hit ben right in the throat area.. they should be a fine plus suspend him for 3 or 4 games without pay.

$200,000?! It won't be anywhere close to that. We'll be lucky to get $75,000 and a one game suspension.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
I don't know about you but I think 92 from the raiders should get a big fine for that illegal punch to Ben! I think he should get a bigger fine then what Harrison got! Cause Harrison never did what 92 did,(Sorry I can't remember the player name.) If he doesn't then we all know that there is something wrong with the NFL's Goodall (I think that's his name?) Correct me if I'm wrong. What do you think?

:steelersflag5:

his name is seymore and he should be fined and suspended for rest of the fn season. maybe banned for life.

--- Added 11/21/2010 at 04:24 PM ---

The first suspension will be handed down for that chicken **** foul!!

I wonder if Ben asked him to repair his TV????

you know it was about his mother or sister. lol

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 06:26 PM
his name is seymore and he should be fined and suspended for rest of the fn season. maybe banned for life.

--- Added 11/21/2010 at 04:24 PM ---

you know it was about his mother or sister. lol

LMAO, I would like to know though!!

Rampage
11-21-2010, 06:31 PM
This will be a very interesting week. Will Clark get fined for his non-helmet-to-helmet hit? Will Seymour face the wrath of mien fuhrer, Roger Goodell? Will the NFL give another, "my bad," for the bad penalties?

ESPN should be fun to watch this week.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-21-2010, 06:35 PM
He is a repeat offender. He was ejected from a game last year for doing the same thing --but to a running back. oops--I guess that means no fine

jpele
11-21-2010, 07:17 PM
Bet Belicheat taught his this move:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miSgj5hRXx4&feature=player_embedded#!

KSSteelerfan
11-21-2010, 08:05 PM
while there fining Seymour maybe they should look at the refs that stunk up the joint with those horribly bad calls against the Steelers!!!

Dean Denton
11-21-2010, 08:21 PM
He'll get one game and a fat fine. The fine should be $100,000. When was the last time you saw something like that? Plus the ref's should get a fine for that call on Harrison. At this point i'm am so lost at how you are suppose to hit the QB.....Have the Steelers become the new Raiders because of what Troy and some other players have said about Goodell and the league?

Clevelandsux
11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
AND i CAN'T BELIEVE TOMLin defending Seymour? What if he broke Bens jaw? Or put him out. Seymour should be suspended and fined heavily.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
AND i CAN'T BELIEVE TOMLin defending Seymour? What if he broke Bens jaw? Or put him out. Seymour should be suspended and fined heavily.

What do you expect him to say? Head coaches always have to be civil during a press conference, regardless of the situation.

Steel Trap86
11-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Just heard Harrisson might be getting his next fine for the hit on Campbell.

Steelerlyn
11-21-2010, 08:48 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81c4802d/Seymour-gets-ejected-after-Steelers-TD?module=HP_video

Farrior Fan
11-21-2010, 08:50 PM
betcha anything that 92 gets fined more than Seymour...just sayin

Troyisabeast_43
11-21-2010, 09:11 PM
Harrison is going to get fined for that late hit he had today on Campbell Peter King just reported on football night in America...I dont know what else Harrison could have done on that play to prevent himself from landing on Campbell...

Scorp
11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Harrison hit Campbell a split second after he threw the ball. He better not get fined. The announcers said that was a ridiculous call. Goodell better not even think about it.

Farrior Fan
11-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Harrison is going to get fined for that late hit he had today on Campbell Peter King just reported on football night in America...I dont know what else Harrison could have done on that play to prevent himself from landing on Campbell...

easy, he could have dropped back into coverage. Of course thats what started all this, when he hit Mohammed Massoqoi. Lets just accept the fact that anytime he hits someone hard he will get a flag. There is nothing we can do, I am however waiting for a Rooney or Coach T to totally snap on the NFL. They have to at this point 1. to show support for the best player on the Steelers 2. For us to have any chance of winning in the playoffs.

I think a well crafted interview on ESPN or NFL Network that shows clips of multiple hits where Harrison's are much cleaner than ones that are not being fined. NO ONE can argue with facts and video is as close to facts that we are going to get. Then coach or a Rooney needs to state that any further abuse of the rules will not be tolerated by the Steelers.

franchise3
11-21-2010, 09:29 PM
What do you expect him to say? Head coaches always have to be civil during a press conference, regardless of the situation.

He didn't have to make a fool out of himself acting like Seymour is Pope or something when we know what a jagoff the guy is and things he has done in the past and then quickly turn around and emphasize that both teams played bad when it was MOSTLY the Raiders. He should have said it differently because I didn't appreciate it and I know MANY other Steelers fans didn't either.

Brad 69
11-21-2010, 09:35 PM
WOW!! what a classy move. richard seymour SUCKS!!

Farrior Fan
11-21-2010, 09:35 PM
This just in! Ben told Seymour "Man we are using these worthless bitches like I used Seymours sister in a bar bathroom last night" LOL - sorry couldn't help myself.

igor0190
11-21-2010, 09:36 PM

HE DIDN'T LAND ON CAMPBELL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrt4PJKhGXE

Roethlisberger said the only thing he said was "let's get ready for the extra point" and admitted he was shocked at Seymour's actions.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/21/steelers-rip-raiders-call-for-suspension-of-richard-seymour/

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 10:31 PM
He didn't have to make a fool out of himself acting like Seymour is Pope or something when we know what a jagoff the guy is and things he has done in the past and then quickly turn around and emphasize that both teams played bad when it was MOSTLY the Raiders. He should have said it differently because I didn't appreciate it and I know MANY other Steelers fans didn't either.

He never said that Seymour is a god. He never said he appreciated him punching BR in the fact. He said Seymour is a good player regardless. And he is. How can you argue with that?

igor0190
11-21-2010, 10:33 PM
Roethlisberger said the only thing he said was "let's get ready for the extra point" and admitted he was shocked at Seymour's actions.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/21/steelers-rip-raiders-call-for-suspension-of-richard-seymour/

lloydfan4life
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Seymour is a punk and should be suspended at LEAST 4 games for punching Ben. Of course it will not happen... we all saw first hand today how the league views the Steelers with all of the chicken **** penalties called against them.

I am not one to normally complain about officiating... but today's debacle was over the top. You can't tell me the Steelers are not being targeted.

LarryNJ
11-21-2010, 11:01 PM
My God you guys are starting to sound like a bunch of Seahawk fans.

igor0190
11-21-2010, 11:03 PM

:lol:
Damn seachickens.

I think people are complaining so much because of the apparent double standard for James Harrison and the Steelers VS everyone else.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-21-2010, 11:07 PM
This just in! Ben told Seymour "Man we are using these worthless bitches like I used Seymours sister in a bar bathroom last night" LOL - sorry couldn't help myself.

you know it was not "let's get ready for the extra point". gimme a break. ROFLMAO.

LarryNJ
11-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Well they (Seahawk fans) are bitching about a roughing call on Brock against Brees that was questionable and cost them the game today. I didn't see the video.

igor0190
11-21-2010, 11:16 PM
Well they (Seahawk fans) are bitching about a roughing call on Brock against Brees that was questionable and cost them the game today. I didn't see the video.

Yeah, I heard them mention that at halftime on the sunday nighter.

ESPN: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5835336
Seymour also was ejected Dec. 27 for hitting Browns running back Jerome Harrison after a play was over. Seymour was fined $10,000 for that infraction.

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 12:03 AM
"There was a lot ongoing and you're out there to protect yourself," Seymour said. "But still, no excuse. I'm not sure exactly what happened on the play. I just turned around and he just ran up on me quick and it was just a natural reaction."

You're natural reaction when somebody is behind you is to turn around and punch them in the face? Damn. SOMEONE was unloved as a child.

igor0190
11-22-2010, 12:16 AM
You're natural reaction when somebody is behind you is to turn around and punch them in the face? Damn. SOMEONE was unloved as a child.

No doubt.. you're on a football field in a controlled environment, not a back alley. He's obviously just frustrated because he's stuck with Al Davis and the Oakland Raiders.

LatrobePA
11-22-2010, 12:23 AM
"Seymour shrinks you tart"

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-22-2010, 01:00 AM

You have got to be kidding me... Either you didn't see the game or I don't know what. THe officiating in the game was TERRIBLE !! There had to be 5 or more penalties called that were blatant non fouls. There is no reason in the world to compare us to seahawks fans,man that just ain't right!!

LatrobePA
11-22-2010, 01:22 AM
Steelers and their fans have every right to be PO'd after this hanky throwing hot mess!

Real Deal Steel
11-22-2010, 03:30 AM
A fine and a one game suspension. Nothing less or it's just further proof of how the League office is slated against us.

Farrior Fan
11-22-2010, 03:54 AM
The main difference between us and Seachix fans is that we are mad at the officiating because the calls are wrong. The chix fans think the officials somehow cost them 11 points:lol::willybs::nahnah:

Dean Denton
11-22-2010, 04:36 AM
My God you guys are starting to sound like a bunch of Seahawk fans. Seahawk fans, Really? Seahawk fans bitch because the only big game they have been in had bad calls, and they couldn't over come it. The Steelers have been in many big games and have had many calls go against them. But one of the difference between the teams is the Steelers over come bad calls. I cant remember a game where the Steelers had 168 penalty yards, yet they win the game 3-35....The league makes rules because of the way the Steelers play (Mel Blount) and I'm sure you can point at James Harrison for this new crap that is going on. The Steelers are a target and the Hawks are just a joke. The Steelers are the new Raiders because they just play too hard, and scare too many people. The league is worried that the Steelers will hurt all the NFL poster boys like Brady, Manning, and all the other diva's. And after the punch to Ben I think this team will rally behind Ben, and the bad calls and put it in the leagues face....

Nolrog
11-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Rumors are circulating that Ben will be fined $25K for that exchange and be forced to issue a formal public apology for having his head in the path of Seymour's hand.

steelers4life66
11-22-2010, 08:14 AM
I not convinced Ben said anything to seymour. I looked to me like he was talking to Foster. He wasn't looking at seymour.

steelers4life66
11-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Man, Did this jagoff get my blood boiling. :cursin:

To paraphrase Paul Hogan, ‘That’s not a punch…’

Last night amidst the chaos of the volatile Pittsburgh v Oakland game, Raiders defensive lineman Richard Seymour (left, styling)) was ejected for ‘punching’ Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger.

What’s really interesting is how this is being reported across the online sporting media

First of all, what a completely stunning, misleading smoke screen. In last nights game the Steelers played one of the dirtiest 60 minutes in recent memory in the NFL.

Not the Raiders, the Steelers. Remember, this is the team whose player, James Harrison, said earlier this season he would be happy to injure people in the course of a game. Last night the Steelers committed 163 yards in penalties, including six personal fouls to break the club record of 154 yards set against Cincinnati (http://www.irishcentral.com/topics/Cincinnati) in 1989. One of those included Harrison slamming Raiders QB Jason Campbell to the turf in an act that could have caused serious injury.

Harrison risks a player’s career (literally) and gets a penalty and no further rebuke, Seymour objects to a Steelers player taunting him after a score, and is ejected.

Having seen the incident, and having seen it again on video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzWXsn3Nwk8&feature=player_embedded) (probably now taken down by the video Nazis at NFL (http://www.irishcentral.com/topics/National+Football+League) HQ), Seymour did not punch Roethlisberger. He shoved him out of his face, after Roethlisberger foolishly ‘got in his grill’ after the Steelers scored. If you didn’t see the incident, and instead read what ESPN (http://www.irishcentral.com/topics/ESPN+Inc.) or any of the other big media outlets are describing this morning, you would think Seymour actually did ‘punch’ Roethlisberger. It couldn’t be clearer to the naked eye, he simply shoved him, pushed him, as Roethlisberger invaded his private space. Roethlisberger’s pathetic, LeBron James (http://www.irishcentral.com/topics/LeBron+James) like NBA (http://www.irishcentral.com/topics/National+Basketball+Association) flop (anybody see LeBron flop to the floor pathetically trying to sell a blocking foul on Friday night? Legions of ‘diving’ soccer players would have been so proud) was a sad attempt to get Seymour in more trouble than he deserved.

Ask yourself this, if the roles had been reversed, how would this be being viewed this morning? Imagine Seymour scoring a fumble return touchdown, then turning and saying something to Roethlisberger (several Raiders players are reporting that the Steelers QB was verbally taunting Seymour), while getting ‘in his face’. Imagine Roethlisberger then shoved him out of his face.

Would ESPN and friends be reporting that Roethlisberger had punched Seymour? Or would ESPN be reporting that the Steelers QB was merely defending himself in the face of an inane taunt?

This isn’t a guiding, rhetorical statement, I am genuinely asking you, how do you think ESPN would have reported the incident, with a complete roll reversal? There is, after all, a shiny, blank comment section below this article, just waiting for your input.

Last word for now from the blog ‘Bay area bridge banter’ (http://bayarea.sbnation.com/oakland-raiders/2010/11/21/1828956/richard-seymour-does-america-a-favor-and-punches-ben-roethlisberger), one of those taking a slightly different view to the incident.

Link: http://www.irishcentral.com/story/sport/from-the-bleachers/did-richard-seymour-punch-ben-roethlisberger-should-we-care-109850714.html (http://www.irishcentral.com/story/sport/from-the-bleachers/did-richard-seymour-punch-ben-roethlisberger-should-we-care-109850714.html)

Nolrog
11-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Apparantly, I watched a different game than this guy did.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-22-2010, 09:21 AM
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot it's allowed to sucker "push" or "slap" another player just because you are pissed off because you're team is getting their asses kicked. People are stupid in this world, if you can rationalize that then there's a padded room waiting for your sorry ***.

LarryNJ
11-22-2010, 09:27 AM
Apparantly, I watched a different game than this guy did.

And I different replay. hahaha...I really don''t think Ben said a thing to him. I think he simply bumped into him. Even if he did, isn't thrash talking a common thing in the league?

I really think that kind of emotional game is exactly what the Steelers needed. A couple of fights really isn't a bad thing.

franchise3
11-22-2010, 09:32 AM
He never said that Seymour is a god. He never said he appreciated him punching BR in the fact. He said Seymour is a good player regardless. And he is. How can you argue with that?

I am not arguing with his playing skills. I am arguing with him calling Seymour "a great professional" which everyone in the world knows he is not and is something he should have not said.

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 10:29 AM
This jagoff either loves Seymour or hates Roethlisberger. Either way I'd say he's a little biased.

madtowndrunkard
11-22-2010, 10:39 AM
You have got to be kidding me... Either you didn't see the game or I don't know what. THe officiating in the game was TERRIBLE !! There had to be 5 or more penalties called that were blatant non fouls. There is no reason in the world to compare us to seahawks fans,man that just ain't right!!

There is a huge difference between steeler fans and seahawk fans. That difference is WE WON. We are not sore losers....we are 6 time SB winners. We destroyed the Raiders yesterday and we are still calling out the officials for arguably the worst officiated game in NFL history. it's not just a few people talking about it either. It's got national attention. Reporters, players, and fans are all asking "what the hell happened out there?" If it looks like a fixed game, and it smells like a fixed game....it's probably a fixed game. This isn't a view that a bunch of pizzed off fans of a losing team. This is the view of a team that destroyed it's opponent.

Rampage
11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
I've always thought that Roethlisberger looked a little bit like Will Farrell...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3lGKMXYOG8

LarryNJ
11-22-2010, 12:36 PM
There is a huge difference between steeler fans and seahawk fans. That difference is WE WON. We are not sore losers....we are 6 time SB winners. We destroyed the Raiders yesterday and we are still calling out the officials for arguably the worst officiated game in NFL history. it's not just a few people talking about it either. It's got national attention. Reporters, players, and fans are all asking "what the hell happened out there?" If it looks like a fixed game, and it smells like a fixed game....it's probably a fixed game. This isn't a view that a bunch of pizzed off fans of a losing team. This is the view of a team that destroyed it's opponent.

Well other than in Pittsburgh there was a nation, actually a world asking the same thing after the SB. It was much more than some pissed off Seahawk fans.

I actually have no problem bitching about the calls. I simply don't agree that they are out to get the Steelers and in my view we sound just as childish as a Seahawk fans when we state that.

lloydfan4life
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
This jagoff either loves Seymour or hates Roethlisberger. Either way I'd say he's a little biased.

Exactly. :yellowthumb:

In one ear, out the other. It only took 3 sentences to figure out this guy is writing from his own personal agenda, not reality.

SteelDad
11-22-2010, 01:24 PM
Well other than in Pittsburgh there was a nation, actually a world asking the same thing after the SB. It was much more than some pissed off Seahawk fans.

I actually have no problem bitching about the calls. I simply don't agree that they are out to get the Steelers and in my view we sound just as childish as a Seahawk fans when we state that.

Here's the problem that Steeler fans might not be willing to admit to.... Dan Rooney has been the league office's bitch to a certain extent for some time. The Rooney Rule was widely accepted by the League, but left many Steelers' fans wondering if that's how Tomlin got the job. How would it have looked if the very owners who implemented the Rooney Rule passed a minority candidate by and had hired Grimm or Wiz? For the record, I'm just fine with Tomlin's hiring.... So how does this pertain to the League's targeting of Steelers' defenders? Simple, Goodell knows Rooney will always have his back on just about everything. Notice how quiet the Rooney's, especially Dan, have been about the fines for illegal hits. Goodell is simply using the Steelers as his personal poster-child for cracking down on the 'level of violence' in the game. Can you imagine if this had all started in Dallas or Washington or Philly? Those owners would be at the very least more vocal. And no, I don't want that from the Rooney's, but it would be nice to hear them step up and defend their players. Thus, Steelers' fans have every right to believe we are being targeted. The officiating yesterday confirmed as much because those PF calls were not even close.

Fanforlife
11-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Damn seachickens.

I think people are complaining so much because of the apparent double standard for James Harrison and the Steelers VS everyone else.

I agree Igor0190! I think there is a double standard for us. And Harrison! I remember back in the day when you didn't have to worry about how hard you hit someone. Some like Bradshaw would get hurt and go right back to playing after being check out on the sidelines. What happen? The NFL got bunch of sissies making the rules now? :question-1:

:loveben: :pennant:

coldrolled
11-22-2010, 03:59 PM
I simply don't agree that they are out to get the Steelers and in my view we sound just as childish as a Seahawk fans when we state that.

160+yards in penalties. Not including the reversed td's and another 200+ yards in reversed plays.. Most of our big plays were reversed. thats why it looks so planned.

it may not be... but it sure felt and looked ugly on the field with all those flags.

igor0190
11-22-2010, 04:09 PM
160+yards in penalties. Not including the reversed td's and another 200+ yards in reversed plays.. Most of our big plays were reversed. thats why it looks so planned.

it may not be... but it sure felt and looked ugly on the field with all those flags.

Also on some of the flags it seemed that they were thrown pretty late. Like on the Ike PI call... They didn't call it during the play, but then they rationalized it as PI after the fact... Same kind of thing as the Terrell Owens P-INT in the Bengals game.

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Also on some of the flags it seemed that they were thrown pretty late. Like on the Ike PI call... They didn't call it during the play, but then they rationalized it as PI after the fact... Same kind of thing as the Terrell Owens P-INT in the Bengals game.

It's after the reciever gets up and yells for the ref for not calling a penalty. THEN they throw the flag.

igor0190
11-22-2010, 04:20 PM
It's after the reciever gets up and yells for the ref for not calling a penalty. THEN they throw the flag.

I don't recall for sure, but I definately don't remember the Raider making a stink AT ALL. He knew he ran out of bounds. He ran out of real estate along the sideline which is textbook for what a CB is supposed to do there.

LarryNJ
11-22-2010, 04:33 PM

Absolutely...:yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
11-22-2010, 06:33 PM
You know what, I'm MAD at Seymour for punching Roethlisberger. Not for the obvious reasons, but because now all of the attention is being put on that and not on the outragous and despicable amount of penalties that the Steelers undertook yesterday. Now anything that anyone can talk about is how much of a pu$$y Ben Roethlisberger is for falling after he took a sucker punch to the jaw. I'm going to :pullhair: