View Full Version : That is the defense that we needed to see

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
6 Sacks
3 Forced Fumbles
2 Interceptions
Raiders 3/14 on 3rd downs.
Raiders 182 total yds of offense.

They held McFadden to just 14 yds rushing and Bush had 33. The #1 NFL rushing offense met their match against the #1 rush defense today. They kept the Raiders out of the redzone the entire game.

What's more impressive or atleast just as impressive is the secondary responding in the 2nd half with the big hits, forced fumbles and INT's. That's what you wanted to see from them, a complete game. Like we've been talking about forever, when the pass rush is on the Secondary is on.

Harrison with a monster game today, and Farrior with his best game in quite awhile. The hitting, the knock downs, the pressures, the sacks. That's Blitzburgh at it's best.

Rampage
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
Great game. Those were two nice looking interceptions as well.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-21-2010, 04:36 PM
6 Sacks
3 Forced Fumbles
2 Interceptions
Raiders 3/14 on 3rd downs.
Raiders 182 total yds of offense.

They held McFadden to just 14 yds rushing and Bush had 33. The #1 NFL rushing offense met their match against the #1 rush defense today. They kept the Raiders out of the redzone the entire game.

What's more impressive or atleast just as impressive is the secondary responding in the 2nd half with the big hits, forced fumbles and INT's. That's what you wanted to see from them, a complete game. Like we've been talking about forever, when the pass rush is on the Secondary is on.

Harrison with a monster game today, and Farrior with his best game in quite awhile. The hitting, the knock downs, the pressures, the sacks. That's Blitzburgh at it's best.

AGREED:yellowthumb: well said :clap::clap:

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 04:42 PM
And I love how they played from start to end. They didn't stop playing in the 4th quarter and they didn't give up any bogus points. If they played like that against the Ravens, Saints, and Patriots, those games would have probably been a whole other story.

DIESELMAN
11-21-2010, 04:52 PM
No matter how many times we get fined or if we get flagged 1000 times per game, the D needs to keep playing their style of defense. Today, the Steelers proved good teams overcome bad officiating!! :woot:

Scorp
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Maybe these guys need to practice in full pads from here on out. I was very impressed and hope they take it to NY next Sunday.

jnes1216
11-21-2010, 05:00 PM
Farrior had some great intensity today and that was good to see. I hope LeBeau keeps up that plan of attack in the future.

Rampage
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Farrior had some great intensity today and that was good to see. I hope LeBeau keeps up that plan of attack in the future.

Farrior has looked very good this season. I was not impressed with his play last year, but it seems like he came in in better shape or with a chip on his shoulder this season. He is making some nice tackles and sacks.

I still think that one sack was perfectly timed; not encroachment.:cope:

jpele
11-21-2010, 05:35 PM
Did anyone notice we blitzed and blitzed often and did you notice the result? Welcome back defense.

We had a momentary lapse of reason when the Raiders changed QB's I thought oh no here we go again. We went with the 3 man rush but didn't stay there long.

Props to our O'line crippled and still did a good job against one of the best pass rushes in the league. BA still needs to go evenn though the play calling was acceptable there were way to many idiotic calls made.

Rampage
11-21-2010, 05:36 PM
Loved the blitz. William Gay may not be the best cover corner, but he made some nice plays today while blitzing.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Even when they didn't get to Campbell the blitz made a difference. Every time they were sending more than 3 it made Campbell very uneasy and he wanted to get that ball out of his hands asap.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-21-2010, 05:42 PM
Yea and they were different blitzes :yellowthumb:we could of did the same thing against that girl Brady last week also... i don't know why we didn't:thinking:

jpele
11-21-2010, 05:42 PM
No matter how many times we get fined

If the NFL wants to keep any semblance of integrity there will be no fines after the game is reviewed. Unless they decide to fine officials.

Real Deal Steel
11-22-2010, 02:27 AM
And I love how they played from start to end. They didn't stop playing in the 4th quarter and they didn't give up any bogus points. If they played like that against the Ravens, Saints, and Patriots, those games would have probably been a whole other story.

True dat.

Farrior Fan
11-22-2010, 02:47 AM
Loved the blitz. William Gay may not be the best cover corner, but he made some nice plays today while blitzing.

No doubt -Willie is a great blitzer, he can find his way to the ball except when it has been thrown. I still think if we blitz every single down we win every game. Just mix it up, bring LB's one down - CB's the next - bring everyone on 3rd down. Hell our CBs and safetys cant cover anyways so just blitz em, guarantee they never complete a pass when their qb is on his back.:tt02:

chisteeler
11-22-2010, 03:26 AM
If the NFL wants to keep any semblance of integrity there will be no fines after the game is reviewed. Unless they decide to fine officials.

I know it's been said before, however, I have to say it again...Nice *** avatar.
I look forward to your posts just to see her ***!:clap: