PDA

View Full Version : Steelers respond to the questions with a vengeance!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 05:11 PM
That is how you want your team to respond. They did the same thing after the loss to the Saints, and now after that disaster against the Patriots they came back with all the intensity you could ask for and then some.

This team needed a statement game by the defense, a game where they come out and play like they did against the Titans. A complete shut down effort with sacks, fumbles, INT's, big hits, and pressures. Penalties be damned they didn't let up one bit. They needed this game, a game that said we are not going down, we will not tank, we will rise up and be heard.

The offense, despite all the injuries showed what they are capable of. Big plays to Wallace & Sanders. Mendy with a great TD run, Ben with a long TD run. The run game going, the pass game going, all the play makers involved today.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-21-2010, 05:26 PM
It was like the defense said F U to the officials and kept on coming anyway! I absolutely loved it! The offense got connected by the second quarter--you have got to love Wallace's speed and ability. The o-line needs to get healthy yet--that must be the biggest concern.

KSSteelerfan
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Despite the really bad officiating the Steelers prevailed in the biggest "gut-check" of the season....the Defense was lights out and the offense was on fire despite the penalties.....I was happy to get the "W" in this one against the much despised Raiders. :tt02:

Rampage
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Definitely the most solid showing from this team in weeks, if not the entire season. My only concern is Pouncey's knee, hopefully he was just out for precautionary purposes.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 05:29 PM
It was like the defense said F U to the officials and kept on coming anyway! I absolutely loved it! The offense got connected by the second quarter--you have got to love Wallace's speed and ability. The o-line needs to get healthy yet--that must be the biggest concern.

Exactly, they kept coming and coming, penalties be damned. I had chills watching them just get after everybody and keep the pressure on right into the final minutes of the 4th quarter.

mwittman5
11-21-2010, 05:30 PM
this team showed this isnt gonna be like last year, they aint going down without a fight. Now avoid the buffalo trap game and the division will come down to that ravens game

JensK
11-21-2010, 05:34 PM
The fans were amazing tonight as well, compared to the Patriots game. The noise was unbelievable, even when watching on TV..

LarryNJ
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
The fans were amazing tonight as well, compared to the Patriots game.

They had a few more things to cheer about. :)

Rampage
11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
The fans were amazing tonight as well, compared to the Patriots game. The noise was unbelievable, even when watching on TV..

I was somewhat disappointed to see the stands so empty during Redman's touchdown. It is a blowout; savor the moment. Don't skip out to beat the traffic.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM

I loved the "ref you suck" chant :hehheh:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
Hell yeah wasn't that awesome. I haven't seen a Steeler crowd that pissed off in a long, long, time. When you chant Refs You Suck, that's saying something. The crowd was a great 12th man today.