PDA

View Full Version : Complete officiating meltdown, worse called game ever!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 05:09 PM
There are no words to describe the officiating of this game. Beyond stupid, beyond pathetic, beyond overkill, beyond epic failure. Every one of those personal fouls for roughing the passer was unwarranted and completely legit hits. There is no excuse whatsoever and this crew needs to be immediately fired and Goodell needs to fly to Pittsburgh and offer an official apology for destroying the NFL.

Can someone tell me what a "personal foul for peeling a player off a pile" is? How in God's name do you call that with a straight face.??!! I give total props to the offensive line for playing hard, tough, and doing their best. Total props to the defense for getting back to Steeler football. Penalties be damned they kept coming and shut down the Raiders.

148 yds in penalties just entering the 4th quarter. With about 3 minutes to go we were at 163 yds.

nuclearchihuahuas
11-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Had to fight the Raiders and the officials--AND KICKED BOTH THEIR BUTTS!

North Steel
11-21-2010, 05:24 PM
This had to be the worst officiated game in NFL history.what bullshit i could not believe the amount of flags thrown in this game.I'm just glad we tore **** up and Ben doesn't have a glass jaw.FU_K'IM UP BOYS:tt02::cope:

Zachintosh66
11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
Epic Fail...

Rampage
11-21-2010, 05:25 PM
The refs are probably sore after throwing so many flags. Good to see that Goodell got his point across to the officiating crews.

Steel Trap86
11-21-2010, 05:27 PM
That was just ****ing rediculous. I Can't believe how far Goodell has taken this **** on the Steelers, obviously Harrisson and the team are the focal point of this new plan to eliminate the violence from a violent sport. That was the worst officiated game I have seen since I went to the Chargers/Steelers game in 08. The Steelers had about 130 yards in penalties in that game and a TD taken away, plus Polamolu's TD at the end of the game that was blown. I heard we set a new record today in penalty yards and still won the ****ing game. That's the difference between the Steelers and other teams that are on the **** end of the stick, they win games and other teams lose and blame the officiating.

BlitzburghRockCity
14 penalties for 163 yds. all in all. Most ever in Steeler history. Previous record was 148 yds I believe.

igor0190
Without the officials and their bad calls this game is quite possibly 56-0...

I have never seen so many bad calls in 1 game. The Steelers deserve an apology from the NFL.

1. A "landing with your body weight on top of a QB" penalty... when Harrison didn't even land on him to begin with.
2. Ike Taylor's pass interference with the Raider player ran out of bounds... brutal
3. Picking a player off the pile... Refs just looking for something to call
4. The Seymour ejection play, how the hell is there only offsetting penalties there? Should have been 2 on Seymour and 1 on Kemeoutu.
5. Ryan Clark's hit... The receiver was already engaged with another defender so that should not have been called. Unbelieveable

I know there were more too.

mcfly06
I agree with everyone,lets just hope the worst commish in sports dont fine Clark for a Non Helmet-Helmet hit.But hey i guess we pissed them off by sending all that money for harrison.lol,O Well its gonna be amazing to see the face Goodell Has when hes handing the super bowl trophy to Mr.Rooney and Coach Tomlin!!

Callax
11-21-2010, 05:29 PM
WOW

PUT SKIRTS ON THE OPPOSING QB AND DON'T TOUCH THEM!!!

ohhh U TOUCHED HIM 15 YDS ROUGHING THE PASSER
WHAT A TOTAL CROCK OF **** !!!

WORST OFFICIATING EVER!!!

--- Added 11/21/2010 at 03:29 PM ---

Without the officials and their bad calls this game is quite possibly 56-0...

I have never seen so many bad calls in 1 game. The Steelers deserve an apology from the NFL.

1. A "landing with your body weight on top of a QB" penalty... when Harrison didn't even land on him to begin with.
2. Ike Taylor's pass interference with the Raider player ran out of bounds... brutal
3. Picking a player off the pile... Refs just looking for something to call
4. The Seymour ejection play, how the hell is there only offsetting penalties there? Should have been 2 on Seymour and 1 on Kemeoutu.

I know there were more too.

THE HEAD HIT BY CLARK ( HELMET TO HELMET) IT WAS HEMET TO SHOULDER!!!!!

BULLSHIT!!!

JensK
11-21-2010, 05:32 PM
Actually, the call on Clark was sort of legit. You may launch with your head first, no matter where you hit the person. It should have been called an Unnecessary Roughness, not a helmet to helmet hit.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-21-2010, 05:34 PM
I agree with everyone,lets just hope the worst commish in sports dont fine Clark for a Non Helmet-Helmet hit.But hey i guess we pissed them off by sending all that money for harrison.lol,O Well its gonna be amazing to see the face Goodell Has when hes handing the super bowl trophy to Mr.Rooney and Coach Tomlin!!

:yellowthumb: That is gonna be nice... it looks like first place in the AFCN is coming down to Dec 5 when we play the Rats, first we have to take care of the Bills next week who just dropped 49 points on the bungels, This was the game we needed to get back in the groove of things as long as Pouncey and Kemo is not out for a extended time we will be in good shape...

Troyisabeast_43
That's why I think the Steelers scored that last TD with Redman when the Raiders clearly had no timeouts. I think they wanted to stick it up the refs *** and the Raiders *** both at the sametime...

LarryNJ
Hats off the Steelers D, they held their cool very well no matter what the calls were they simply smiled went back lined up and came harder the next play.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Okay Goodell (you POS) you can now call the zebras off, we get the hint!!

Sick to my stomach after this one gang!! YUCK!!!!

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Every time someones said that the league hates the Steelers, I was kinda "eh" about it. But this game seriously made me believe that the league is completely against the Steelers having any kind of success. 1 bad call? Fine. 2 bad calls? No big deal. 3 bad calls? I can deal with that. But it had to be ATLEAST 10 out of those 14 calls were complete bullshit.

I have a theory. The reason that practically no penalties were called in the 4th quarter was probably because Goodell called the head ref and said something along the lines of, "Okay guys, that's enough now. People are gonna start to get suspicious."

jnes1216
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
How many new fans are going to be drawn to the "new" nfl when there's a flag after every play? Ridiculous. What were the fans chanting in the 3rd quarter, could anyone tell or there at the game? Sounded like "Fire Goodell" but I could barely tell.

StillerLady1029
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
I totally agree with this I couldn't believe half the calls that were being called against us, there were even calls that I never even heard of before. Like WTF!! All I have to say though is thank goodness for kicking some major butt and showing the Raiders and the officials what the Steelers are about!!

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:44 PM
How many new fans are going to be drawn to the "new" nfl when there's a flag after every play? Ridiculous. What were the fans chanting in the 3rd quarter, could anyone tell or there at the game? Sounded like "Fire Goodell" but I could barely tell.

It was "ref you suck."

Randyllc27
11-21-2010, 05:45 PM
:nono: Not going to comment on how pathetic the refs were with their calling.... but the fans made dang sure they knew it.... I wonder what the refs were thinking when they heard the chants...... :willybs: REFS YOU SUCK, REFS YOU SUCK :willybs: ...... that was priceless, but dead on right..... Can someone explain how in the world when you tackle, how do you keep from falling with your body weight? Man they were digging deep into their rules books today.... it was futile as well showed them, nothing is going to stop us.....

STEELERS RULEZ!!!!!

:clap: :tt02:

Scorp
11-21-2010, 05:46 PM
Those over officiative jerks must have flown in from Oakland. It's ok, we got the W.

Diamondhead
11-21-2010, 05:47 PM
I normally don't grind an axe about officiating, but this game was just outrageous. Luckily, the poor, one-sided calls against the Steelers didn't matter in this game. It might though in another, more crucial game this season. I doubt the targeting of Harrison is over.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 05:49 PM
I doubt the targeting of Harrison is over.

No, that wasn't enough. They're now setting their sights on the entire team.

Can anyone tell me if there was ONE offensive holding call against the Raiders? Cause I don't think there was..

jpele
11-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I urge everyone to write their congressman asking thedm to look into Goodell and the NFL. Anyone that watched this game and can honestly say there's nothing dirty going on is blind.

Scorp
11-21-2010, 05:51 PM
I love the hit Harrison put on campbells soup. Sweet. He needs to turn on the burners and keep playing like that. That was a clean, sweet hit/sack and should not be fined for that.

xxxsteelernation
11-21-2010, 05:52 PM
That roughing the passer call against harrison was the worst out of all those calls i gurantee if that was seymore or the other dl on the raiders that would have not been called cause thats the only way to get ben down.

jnes1216
11-21-2010, 05:53 PM
It was "ref you suck."

Excellent thank you, although "fire goodell" could be next.

Prosdo
11-21-2010, 05:59 PM
By the end of the game they were just making **** up. Ryan Clark's hit and the whole pulling the guy from the pile. WTF are they talking about???

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Every time someones said that the league hates the Steelers, I was kinda "eh" about it. But this game seriously made me believe that the league is completely against the Steelers having any kind of success. 1 bad call? Fine. 2 bad calls? No big deal. 3 bad calls? I can deal with that. But it had to be ATLEAST 10 out of those 14 calls were complete bullshit.

I have a theory. The reason that practically no penalties were called in the 4th quarter was probably because Goodell called the head ref and said something along the lines of, "Okay guys, that's enough now. People are gonna start to get suspicious."

fn cbs? even switched to another game with 9 mins left in ours. at least now you no we ain't no mfn pc team. feels good don't it.

madtowndrunkard
11-21-2010, 06:02 PM
This game was fixed. No doubt about it. These officials should be suspended until an investigation can be done. I've never seen anything like it. I've seen REALLY bad calls...I've seen wins stolen by the officials before, but I don't think I've ever seen the officials just blatantly go after a team and screw them over and over and over again all game. I'd love to know what kind of bets were made on this game.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2010, 06:03 PM
It's absolutely certain in my mind that these guys were told by the league to call this game very tightly and if there is a shadow of a doubt to throw the flag. They took that and completely blew it out of water. The game drug on and was completely out of hand. It took over an hour to play the 3rd quarter alone.

It was bad enough in the first half but then in the 2nd half when things really got chippy and more fights were breaking out, they took the penalty calling to a whole new level.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-21-2010, 06:10 PM
you didn't even need to see this game live. if you could listen to it on the radio you would know something was wrong. what does that ******* goodball hope to achieve here? i think his antics are going to blow up in his pansy *** face.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 06:11 PM
It's absolutely certain in my mind that these guys were told by the league to call this game very tightly and if there is a shadow of a doubt to throw the flag. They took that and completely blew it out of water. The game drug on and was completely out of hand. It took over an hour to play the 3rd quarter alone.

I'm afraid you're right man!

coach
11-21-2010, 06:34 PM
I am afraid that today's debacle is just the tip of it. Now they will have to do a better job of disguising what they are doing.

Game plan for the Jills:

Drop back and throw it every play, especially if you need a first down. You are bound to draw a flag for roughing the passer or a PI. If those arent there, there is always one of the following:

1. Pulling guys off a pile; I still havn't seen that happen yet, did anyone else get an angle that they didn't show on TV?????????
2. Showing up and playing hard
3. Helmet to the back of the calf
4. Falling down too hard
5. Personal foul on the fans for making their displeausre public

nuclearchihuahuas
11-21-2010, 06:44 PM

It was bad enough in the first half but then in the 2nd half when things really got chippy and more fights were breaking out, they took the penalty calling to a whole new level.

But were they told to only call it tightly on the Steelers? I am beginning to believe the conspiracy theorists--and that's saying a lot. This was blatant disregard for the actual rulebook and any appearance of impartiality.

North Steel
11-21-2010, 07:08 PM
All i can say up yours, whan a be GODell nice try but they still got the w u prick :helmet:

jpele
11-21-2010, 07:11 PM
This says it all:

Dan Fouts: Wow....they called that?....Clearly the Officials are sending a message to both teams.

Ian Eagle: Well it's a little lopsided against Pittsburgh right now.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 07:14 PM
This says it all:

Dan Fouts: Wow....they called that?....Clearly the Officials are sending a message to both teams.

Ian Eagle: Well it's a little lopsided against Pittsburgh right now.

I was at a Steeler bar so I couldn't really hear the commentary but wow really? Both teams? Seems like they were only trying to send a message to one of the teams..and the message was, "the NFL hates you."

LarryNJ
11-21-2010, 07:14 PM
I agree that this was probably the worst called game ever, but I don't buy the entire call it against the Steelers theory. The Raiders really didn't have a chance to have anything called against them. The problem is the league has the refs scared shitless to do the job that they have been doing for 20+ years. On top of that there's no clear interpretation of the rules, nobody really knows. There have been instances that a reciever has been hit, lays on the ground like he may be hurt than the flag goes out. That's a case of the refs being worried about what is going to happen if they don't cll something. The refs are fine the problem is with the league, they need to follow proper channels in the off season to implement what they want to do, not simply make knee jerk reactions whenever they feel like it.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I agree that this was probably the worst called game ever, but I don't buy the entire call it against the Steelers theory. The Raiders really didn't have a chance to have anything called against them. The problem is the league has the refs scared shitless to do the job that they have been doing for 20+ years. On top of that there's no clear interpretation of the rules, nobody really knows. There have been instances that a reciever has been hit, lays on the ground like he may be hurt than the flag goes out. That's a case of the refs being worried about what is going to happen if they don't cll something. The refs are fine the problem is with the league, they need to follow propoer channels in the off season to implement what they want to do, not simply make knee jerk reactions whenever they feel like it.

The refs are scared to make the players mad. They throw the flag as soon as they get bitched at.

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 07:23 PM
I don't know how these idiot refs can sleep at night knowing they're dirty!!

jpele
11-21-2010, 07:32 PM

Simple they could care less, they all have full time jobs and come out on Sunday for $25,000.00 to $70,000.00 (yearly) depending on their ranking.

For that kind of coin and no repercussions for my mistakes, I would sleep like a baby.

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 07:37 PM

7DQgvYCvSyk

LatrobePA
11-21-2010, 07:53 PM
This here is a picture of an *******:

http://moogie.info/football/nfl/ref/099Corrente2001.jpg

KSSteelerfan
11-21-2010, 08:13 PM

I thought that it sounded like hey ref you suck.

Prosdo
11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I thought that it sounded like hey ref you suck.

That is what I thought as well.

Clevelandsux
11-21-2010, 08:25 PM
I agree. This just proves Goodell has got it out for the Steelers. I'm happy as hell we won. But, this was bullshit!!! What happens when the game is closer. Or has more meaning. I think Goodell should be fined.

KSSteelerfan
11-21-2010, 08:37 PM
That is what I thought as well.

Cool...I'm glad that I was not the only one that heard that....:yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Tony Dungy just agreed that the officials let the game get out of hand :yesnod: He also just said he thinks Harrison's hit on Campbell is gonna cost him :scratch:

igor0190
11-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Tony Dungy just agreed that the officials let the game get out of hand :yesnod: He also just said he thinks Harrison's hit on Campbell is gonna cost him :scratch:

If Harrison gets fined for that hit on campbell where they said he landed on top of him (WHICH HE DIDN'T)... I am sending another letter to the league with $1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrt4PJKhGXE

steelersbabex25
11-21-2010, 08:52 PM
If Harrison gets fined for that hit on campbell where they said he landed on top of him (WHICH HE DIDN'T)... I am sending another letter to the league with $1

They said he "drove the quarterback into the ground." Isn't that what a tackle is? :scratch:

Clevelandsux
11-21-2010, 09:53 PM
Ok Rooney is one of the forefathers of this league. He is one of the guys that brought in the 'rooney rule' etc. He also had alot to do with bringing goodell in. Rooney is not a maverick like Al Davis. He needs to make a stand for his team. This is nonsense and total bullshit. Pretty soon Harrison won't have any salary left. Like I said before, Goodell is no good for the NFL.

igor0190
11-21-2010, 09:58 PM
They said he "drove the quarterback into the ground." Isn't that what a tackle is? :scratch:

It was a picture perfect tackle in my opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrt4PJKhGXE

lloydfan4life
11-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Epic Fail...

couldn't have said it better :yellowthumb:

pontiacbubba
11-21-2010, 11:27 PM
Ummm Okay, I work nights and didn't get a chance to watch the game. Now I am glad that I did not it would have rasied my blood pressure. I am almost done watching the Nerf Football League. I hope that fans due support their teams, but this is turning into the "Roller Ball" except its not the "Corporation" that is causing the problem.
Just let me know where to send the 1$ for Harrisons fine lol.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-22-2010, 12:39 AM
I was at the game !! :tt02::tt02:A great game by the STEELERS was definitely marred by the worst officiating I have ever seen!!, The most popular chant of the day was "Ref you suck" ,it was loud and clear, just don't think they heard it cause I've never seen an a$$hole with ears !!
I haven't seen any other replays of the Harrison hit ,other then what they showed on the jumbo tron,but that hit seemed to have brought out the "ref you suck" chant. The pass interference call was terrible!! I really thought I was hearing things when they announced the "pulling a player off the pile "penalty, wtf is that??

If this league wants to maintain any semblance of credibility ,instead of issuing a fine for Harrison's hit, it should issue an apology !! I know that is just a pipe dream, but wouldn't that shock yins guys??

madtowndrunkard
11-22-2010, 01:25 AM
I think what bothers me most is knowing the NFL officiating is corrupt. The game is tainted. It's tough watching a game knowing that it's not actually fair and unbiased. It is in fact rigged. The deck is stacked. It's a joke and Goodall is running the league into the ground. Goodall's ego is so out of control he doesn't see it. If I'm an owner I would NOT be happy with the direction things are going.

After a while it's going to erode the fan base. Watching a 60 minute game with yellow flags thrown every 3 minutes of play is nauseating. There way too many stops in the action already with TV time outs, 2 minute warnings, 6 team time outs per half, replay reviews every 5 minutes, etc etc. This game is getting painful to watch. My wife can't stand watching football. Her reasoning...."there is 2.5 hours of BS with 60 minutes of actual play sprinkled in" To her it's boring as watching paint dry and I have to think to the average person this is a pretty common belief. Goodall's NFL is not winning any new fans that is for sure.

I never thought I'd see such a great game get diluted like this and it happened so quickly.

chisteeler
11-22-2010, 01:58 AM
I've said for months that the owners hired Roger, and now they need to check Roger. Whoever said that the old man Rooney is a forefather of the league is dead on. We all know that...so what is he waiting for? Please, Mr. Dan Rooney, the Steelers nation implores you to knock this jackass Roger Goodell down a knotch. This is becoming rediculous! My only thought is that if the league is in on a "fix" and the Steelers do win the Super Bowl, then I hope to hell that Ben and the boys have their final say on the podium in Dallas. Roger Goodell is no good for the league, and for that matter probably no good at ordering good Chinese take out!

--- Added 11/21/2010 at 11:58 PM ---

The more I think about it, I really don't blame the officiating crew. I blame Roger. He allowed this to happen. I also blame the owners...they are allowing this to happen as well! You draft a guy and tell him to be "physical" and then you hire a jackass like Goodell and tell him to "clean up" the league. Well, we and the owners got what we asked for.
F**K!!!!!!

Real Deal Steel
11-22-2010, 03:11 AM
There are no words to describe the officiating of this game. Beyond stupid, beyond pathetic, beyond overkill, beyond epic failure. Every one of those personal fouls for roughing the passer was unwarranted and completely legit hits. There is no excuse whatsoever and this crew needs to be immediately fired and Goodell needs to fly to Pittsburgh and offer an official apology for destroying the NFL.

Can someone tell me what a "personal foul for peeling a player off a pile" is? How in God's name do you call that with a straight face.??!! I give total props to the offensive line for playing hard, tough, and doing their best. Total props to the defense for getting back to Steeler football. Penalties be damned they kept coming and shut down the Raiders.

148 yds in penalties just entering the 4th quarter. With about 3 minutes to go we were at 163 yds. How much more proof does everyone need to know that the league has targeted us. There is no doubt in my mind that Goodall's goal is to stop our legit, physical type of play.

NorCalSteel
11-22-2010, 03:34 AM
It is sickening what the NFL comish and Refs are trying to do to the game.

I ran this before join my link it is a protest to what the NFL is doing. it is on facebook anybody can post.\
http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_159551857412088&ap=1

Farrior Fan
11-22-2010, 03:41 AM
It is obvious that the league wants us to play their no defense style. Well we saw last week what that got us. And today when Lebeau released the hounds we win by 32 points. I think the Rooney's need to tell every player that if you get a fine we will find a way to legally reimburse you, don't worry about it. Just win baby! lol