PDA

View Full Version : Nike NFL uniforms

Blazedby92
11-20-2010, 09:29 AM
The color schemes are interesting, to say the least, with teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh Steelers getting among the most drastic makeovers.

pics on the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/-Leaked-NFL-uniform-concepts-are-actually-fan-a?urn=nfl-287637

Shutdown Corner ShareretweetEmailPrintSat Nov 20 12:48am EST

"Leaked" NFL uniform concepts are actually fan art
By Doug Farrar

Earlier this week, a post on the Baltimore Sun's Ravens message board had a post with links to images that purported to be Nike Pro Combat uniform designs for the 2012 NFL season. That's when Nike will replace Reebok as the league's uniform supplier, and Nike's Charlie Denson said in October of this year that the company "(plans) on changing the NFL jersey dramatically just like we've done with the college programs, using new thinking and the greatest technology available. The NFL program hasn't had the same type of advancement in recent years."

Those with fears that Nike would do to the NFL's uniforms what has been done to the on-field apparel of the Oregon Ducks' football team - a series of alternate uniforms, each more bizarre than the last - may have had those fears compounded by the images of the supposedly new NFL designs. The color schemes are interesting, to say the least, with teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh Steelers getting among the most drastic makeovers.

The new designs made their way around the internet, with responses running the gamut. But Yahoo! Sports has confirmed with a Nike source what has been reported elsewhere through the day -- the designs are not real, and the graphics have nothing whatsoever to do with whatever changes Nike may be making to the NFL uniforms. They are well-done but amateur-created art, most likely based on the current Pro Combat college uniform concepts. (That is to say, well-done for the most part -- whoever designed the new fake Kansas City Chiefs uni needs to go back to the drawing board).

There will be more information about the actual NFL uniforms in the near future, and Shutdown Corner will be on the scene. Stay tuned...

jpele
11-20-2010, 09:35 AM
I don't know how anyone could think Nike was making uniform changes when it's the team that design the uniforms.

super cleats
11-20-2010, 10:43 AM
I don't know how anyone could think Nike was making uniform changes when it's the team that design the uniforms.

that, the person that did this should just get run over by a car imo, they look horrible anyway.

steelersbabex25
11-20-2010, 10:55 AM
If there is a 2012 season...

LatrobePA
11-20-2010, 11:04 AM
Arena football!!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2010, 12:30 PM
There is no way that the Rooney's would allow the Steelers uniforms to be changed for anyone. They've been almost exactly the same for as long as any Steeler fan can remember. The only changes they've made is to the font of the numbers and the little Steelers logo on the chest now.

Nike, Reebok, or anybody else has no say in how the uniforms are designed, they are just the manufacturer. The teams decide what they want.

StlersGuy
11-20-2010, 12:42 PM
The color schemes are interesting, to say the least, with teams like the Minnesota Vikings and Pittsburgh Steelers getting among the most drastic makeovers.

:thinking: what do they have in store for us...

Blazedby92
11-20-2010, 12:58 PM
:thinking: what do they have in store for us...

Hopefully not like the cheifs uni's in the pic

igor0190
11-20-2010, 01:03 PM
The only thing that Nike will have a say in will be changing how the jerseys fit. Maybe they'll make the sleeves more fitted and taper them more from the chest to waist or something like that. I've always thought they should have different fits for the players VS the fans... I don't know about you, but I don't wear shoulder pads when I wear my jersey out.

StlersGuy
11-20-2010, 01:05 PM
Hopefully not like the cheifs uni's in the pic

:yellowthumb: I hear ya..them are ugly :eek1:

SteelerEyeZ
11-20-2010, 07:44 PM
It has been said all over the internet that this is fake just to get fans pissed off lol Well it worked I would go kick Rogers *** if he let this happen

steelersfaninms
11-20-2010, 08:17 PM
I wouldnt mind the uniforms getting a little bit of a change but some of those designs was just plain ugly. I think it would be good to change them up a little bit every couple years just to keep them fresh

Rampage
11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I'm surprised that the "fan," didn't make a Frisco uniform.

:lloyd:

Hburg
11-20-2010, 09:41 PM
http://lulzimg.com/i8/e6c2a1a4.png

Ugly.

They look like fakes.

I would like to see an all black n' gold Steelers uniforms. My idea is the black helmet, throwback jerseys, black pants with a gold stripe, and black socks.

BuFu

SnakeEyes43
11-20-2010, 10:22 PM
They are only fan art, RELAX. No one can make the Steelers organization change their uniforms without Rooney's permission.

Scorp
11-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Its different and change does not hurt. But not all of the unis look good. I doubt they'll go that far.

Zachintosh66
11-21-2010, 02:29 AM
i like the concept of the imprinted diamond plate... although too radical for most

Ive seen these before online, its a pretty neat forum, some very talented kids out there. Although our #'s and undershirt is horrible.

Id like to see a halt of the throwbacks crap, and see some legit concepts... althought I'd be shocked if the Steelers wanted to participate tho.

here is that link to that forum (enter the concepts, they have basketball, college, baseball, but football is the most popular)
http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?

steelersfaninms
11-21-2010, 03:13 AM
here is some links to a couple steeler uniforms i found on that site that i think look pretty good

Home (http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/mbannon92/Nike%20NFL%20Redesign/Steelers/PITHome.png)
Road (http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/mbannon92/Nike%20NFL%20Redesign/Steelers/PITRoad.png)
Throwback (http://i976.photobucket.com/albums/ae242/mbannon92/Nike%20NFL%20Redesign/Steelers/PITThrowback.png)

the person that did these did a pretty good job on them IMO

SteelDad
11-21-2010, 10:16 AM
First off, anyone thinking for 1 second that the Steelers would ever go to that uniform needs a head examination.

Secondly, can we start the petition to bring back the block numerals? Please?

Rampage
11-21-2010, 11:27 AM
First off, anyone thinking for 1 second that the Steelers would ever go to that uniform needs a head examination.

Secondly, can we start the petition to bring back the block numerals? Please?

They can bring back the gray face masks while they are at it. :crossfingers:

Zachintosh66
11-21-2010, 01:05 PM
grey facemasks are horrible! this is the 21 century, I think they can paint facemasks by now... people like the colts annoy the hell out of me.

Raiders, cowboys is allowed b/c there helmets are grey/silver

from past comments on this board i must be in the minority about the new #'s, i like em and prefer them over the block ones. :2cents:

i love our uniforms (best in the biz) however they dont match...
1. helmet stripe is a "normal" width
2. pants stripe is really wide
3. jersey stripes are all over the place, lol

Id like to see a legit concept that matched, but still kept the steeler integrity

Brad 69
11-21-2010, 05:15 PM
grey facemasks are horrible! this is the 21 century, I think they can paint facemasks by now... people like the colts annoy the hell out of me.

Raiders, cowboys is allowed b/c there helmets are grey/silver

from past comments on this board i must be in the minority about the new #'s, i like em and prefer them over the block ones. :2cents:

i love our uniforms (best in the biz) however they dont match...
1. helmet stripe is a "normal" width
2. pants stripe is really wide
3. jersey stripes are all over the place, lol

Id like to see a legit concept that matched, but still kept the steeler integrity

I agree i think the uniforms are perfect the way they are. I think a nike check on the jersey would make them look 100 times better instead of some ugly reebok logo