PDA

View Full Version : Week 11: Steelers vs. Raiders

Raleigh Steel
11-18-2010, 07:11 AM
Top 10 things I'm looking for this Sunday:

http://steelersal.forummotion.com/steelers-talk-f1/week-11-steelers-vs-raiders-t2160.htm#21049

coldrolled
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
The Raiders played the Titans and KC if that means anything. Other than that. I wish the Steelers had a schedule like that.

If the real Steelers show up, hell should be unleashed on the Raiders. They have not played a top team all season.. Well KC..

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 03:48 PM
KC is a pretender!!

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2010, 03:58 PM
The Raiders are not a very good road team at all and have won 4 of the 5 games they have won at home. They got absolutely spanked on opening day in Tennessee against the Titans, and lost to two bad NFC West teams on the road in Arizona and San Francisco who got their first win of the year against the Raiders after starting 0-5. Traditionally West Coast teams that travel to the East Coast for early 1 o clock games just do not play well because of the time zone difference. This is simply a game that the Steelers have got to win when you look at the remaining games on the schedule if the Steelers want to make the playoffs and win the division and get a top 2 seed. Losing to the Raiders 2 years in a row at Heinz Field will be completely and totally inexcusable and if it does indeed happen all signs once again will point to another mid-season late November Mike Tomlin implosion for the 3rd time in 4 years...

--- Added 11/18/2010 at 02:58 PM ---

The Raiders played the Titans and KC if that means anything. Other than that. I wish the Steelers had a schedule like that.

If the real Steelers show up, hell should be unleashed on the Raiders. They have not played a top team all season.. Well KC..

The Raiders have wins this year against Denver,St Louis,Kansas City,Seattle and San Diego when they were really struggling.

Goodfrom55
11-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Quite frankly if the Steelers lose on Sunday, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Hope not to get blasted here, but IMO, the STeelers are a playoff team, but not a SB team this year. Too many injuries and vulnerabilities on the O-line and secondary to overcome. I see them making the playoffs, and winning a game or two before bowing out.

Just hoping the Steelers go back to their roots and run Mendenhall 30 times on SUnday. Like to see them do so out of 3 wide sets so the Raiders can't stack the box. If they do load the box and the Steelers go with a 3 wide look, Ben should be able to have a run/pass option based on formation and personnel on the field. Difference is the Raiders will likely play press coverage all day (with help over the top for Wallace).

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 04:03 PM
The Raiders have wins this year against Denver,St Louis,Kansas City,Seattle and San Diego when they were really struggling.

Are we struggling? Seriously??

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2010, 04:12 PM
Are we struggling? Seriously??

What I meant was the Chargers win was probably their best win of the season but they beat San Diego when they were still a complete mess early in October. Wins over teams like the Broncos,Seattle,KC,and St Louis dont impress me too much is all Im saying. They dont really have any quality wins on their schedule...

--- Added 11/18/2010 at 03:12 PM ---

Quite frankly if the Steelers lose on Sunday, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Hope not to get blasted here, but IMO, the STeelers are a playoff team, but not a SB team this year. Too many injuries and vulnerabilities on the O-line and secondary to overcome. I see them making the playoffs, and winning a game or two before bowing out.

Just hoping the Steelers go back to their roots and run Mendenhall 30 times on SUnday. Like to see them do so out of 3 wide sets so the Raiders can't stack the box. If they do load the box and the Steelers go with a 3 wide look, Ben should be able to have a run/pass option based on formation and personnel on the field. Difference is the Raiders will likely play press coverage all day (with help over the top for Wallace).

They do have a lot of injuries at a lot of key positions but I still think they have just as good of a shot as the Ravens,Jets, Colts,or Patriots of making it to Dallas in February. None of those 4 teams while they are pretty good are head and shoulders better then the Steelers...

LarryNJ
11-18-2010, 04:17 PM
Top 10 things I'm looking for this Sunday:

#5 The Rooneys: I don't understand what you are looking for them to do on Sunday.

Tomlin Omar Epps comment is great. Nice job! :)

My biggest concern is the Raiders pass rush. Can we control it or do something to off set it. Like maybe establish a running game than use play action. Or throw a real screen.

igor0190
11-18-2010, 04:22 PM
Or throw a real screen.

Sorry Larry... not in our playbook. I can guarantee you some WR bubble screens to the ultra elusive/speedy Hines Ward though!

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Lets really catch them off gaurd and run to the right!! Or maybe up the gut??

Unless we can snap our O and D funk we'll have close games here on out...

DanRooney
11-18-2010, 06:22 PM
Sorry Larry... not in our playbook. I can guarantee you some WR bubble screens to the ultra elusive/speedy Hines Ward though!

How about a WR slant. You know the play last used by the Steelers in the preseason that resulted in an Antonio Brown 60 yard touchdown. Or the same slant that the Jets used with Santonio Holmes that resulted in a pair 40+ yard touchdowns in overtime. You know, a play where Ben can get the ball out QUICKLY :banging:

Rampage
11-18-2010, 06:33 PM

Am I alone, or are you folks waiting for the pick six on one of these? I breathe a sigh of relief after they get this play out of the way every week.

Goodfrom55
11-18-2010, 07:13 PM
I still don't understand how Tomlin thinks Jonathan Scott played well enough on SUnday to warrant another start. As Colin Cowherd said today, Scott was a turnstyle last week vs the Pats. Makes you wonder who's cheerios did Tony Hills **** in to not get an opportunity?

As long as the Steelers don't line up double tight single back and dive, they should be able to run the ball.

Raideraholic
11-18-2010, 08:55 PM

I don't think you will have as much sucess on the ground as you think. Raiders have really clean up in that area the last couple weeks. Raiders dline has been down right dominate and thats not good news for a banged up Steelers oline.

Wallace speed dosen't scare me as Raiders have faster Cb's than him. With the Steelers Oline banged up , Ben can't be holding the football that long . If the Pats were getting pressure oN BIg Ben, you bet the Raiders Dline licking their chops.

--- Added 11/18/2010 at 07:55 PM ---

I still don't understand how Tomlin thinks Jonathan Scott played well enough on SUnday to warrant another start. As Colin Cowherd said today, Scott was a turnstyle last week vs the Pats. Makes you wonder who's cheerios did Tony Hills **** in to not get an opportunity?

As long as the Steelers don't line up double tight single back and dive, they should be able to run the ball.

Im telling you don't believe that 26 run defense. Raiders have made tremendous leaps the last couple weeks. Earlier Raider defense wasn't that bad against the run but were suspectible to give up a very big run at least once a game(that hasn't happen in the last couple weeks) Also Raiders get DTJohn henderson back who should increase their depth at Dt. I can't see with problems the steelers having on the oline that they will be able to do anything against a Dline that been dominating the line of scrimmage.

igor0190
11-18-2010, 11:10 PM
Wallace speed dosen't scare me as Raiders have faster Cb's than him. --- Added 11/18/2010 at 07:55 PM ---

:lol:
Seriously???

Wallace will be in the endzone doing one of these :banana::bunny: on sunday

Steel Trap86
11-19-2010, 12:13 AM
Wallace speed dosen't scare me as Raiders have faster Cb's than him.

Oh ya, what number are you and what position do you play?

Raleigh Steel
11-19-2010, 07:18 AM
#5 The Rooneys: I don't understand what you are looking for them to do on Sunday.

good call larry. guess i'm not really looking for anything out of them per se for the game, but wanted to write about their role in the state of the steelers right now.

coldrolled
11-19-2010, 07:53 AM
How about a WR slant. You know the play last used by the Steelers in the preseason that resulted in an Antonio Brown 60 yard touchdown. Or the same slant that the Jets used with Santonio Holmes that resulted in a pair 40+ yard touchdowns in overtime. You know, a play where Ben can get the ball out QUICKLY :banging:

It would be nice to see once a game. :grin1: the slants should be coming from all directions at least 10 times a game. but that would be some other teams play book.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
I say the Steelers bouunce back. 20-13.

Raideraholic
11-19-2010, 06:06 PM
:lol:
Seriously???

Wallace will be in the endzone doing one of these :banana::bunny: on sunday

Stanford Routt is faster that M Wallace. CB Chris Johnson(Raiders) is faster than Mike Wallace. Raiders whole secondary has tremendous speed. Note to Wallace watch out for number 34 . He hits you, you might not get up.

mwittman5
11-20-2010, 01:44 PM
I read the raiders are starting a rookie at LT this weekend. Harrison must be licking his chops :reddevil:

nuclearchihuahuas
11-20-2010, 02:33 PM
I read the raiders are starting a rookie at LT this weekend. Harrison must be licking his chops :reddevil:

So is Goodell LOL! :stirpot:

At any rate, I can't shake the feeling that this is the turning or decision point of the season. The team needs to decide if they are in or out this season and I think this is the game we find out which way they choose.

Raideraholic
11-20-2010, 07:00 PM

Jared Veldheer a division 11 OT. Raiders have really taken off since they put Jared Veldheer in the starting lineup at Lt. The kids going to be a very good Lt. Hes a very dominating run blocker who gets better every game in pass protection. You might beat him but your not going to beat him with the same move twice. Very quick learner.

BTW I more worried about Langston Walker at Rt than Veldheer. I think Raiders will max Protect. Bring in another OT Khalif barnes to give Walker some help if he needs it.

coach
11-20-2010, 10:55 PM

Tomlin Omar Epps comment is great. Nice job! :)

My biggest concern is the Raiders pass rush. Can we control it or do something to off set it. Like maybe establish a running game than use play action. Or throw a real screen.

I am seriously going to look for the team to pull off some plays to help BR get some time, including screens and some quick throws. It is essential when you have injuries that you do things to address them.
I think we should all be concerned about the injuries, but those get better over time. Refusing to come up with a specific game plan to overcome injuries and your opponent's strengths is deadly and that is not someting you recover from until you actually get fired and then realize that is why.

Raideraholic
11-21-2010, 09:12 AM

Front and center

The Raiders' front four has led a rejuvenated defense the past month. Here's a look at the rush defense:
Att. Yards Avg.
First six games 179 899 5.0
Past three games 70 226 3.2 thats against rushing league leading chiefs)
Raiders get a big part of their Dline rotation back Big John Henderson who going to help tremendously.
Steeelers defense might have to win this game.

LarryNJ
11-21-2010, 09:28 AM
Steeelers defense might have to win this game.

We are very used to that unfortunately.:banging:

On another note congrats Raideraholic on actually have something positive happening with your team. It makes Sundays much more enjoyable doesn't it? Best of luck after this week. :)

nuclearchihuahuas
11-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Our strength is their strength, our weakness is their weakness...should be an interesting game

SChip
11-21-2010, 10:58 AM
Our strength is their strength, our weakness is their weakness...should be an interesting game

Anybody that thinks this will not be a very difficult game to win has not researched the teams. This is not your patsy Oakland team of old, these guys are going to exploit our weaknesses all day and hopefully we have the answers that we couldn't find last week.

Nolrog
11-21-2010, 11:06 AM

Exactly why I think that Oakland will come out passing more as a surprise.