PDA

View Full Version : Breakdown of Pouncey on NFL Network

harpo
11-17-2010, 07:37 PM
Mike Mayock (NFL Network) is breaking down the play of Maurkice Pouncey on "Playbook", after he received an email from a viewer (probably ktrain....:lol:) requesting to show more of the rookie offensive linemen.

K Train
11-17-2010, 07:47 PM
mangold was really good as a rookie....but he wasnt this good. pouncey is silky smooth sex on turf, any other breakdown of him is just wrong

mwittman5
11-17-2010, 09:10 PM
mangold was really good as a rookie....but he wasnt this good. pouncey is silky smooth sex on turf, any other breakdown of him is just wrong

silky smooth sex, thats great :banana:

HUNT4SEVEN
11-18-2010, 12:44 PM

:clap::clap:Right... and his College resume proved that he was ready for the NFL:yesnod:, we actually got a great bargain picking him as late as we did, because he is on his way to rookie of the year and many pro bowls in the future:tt02:

Farrior Fan
11-18-2010, 01:04 PM
:clap::clap:Right... and his College resume proved that he was ready for the NFL:yesnod:, we actually got a great bargain picking him as late as we did, because he is on his way to rookie of the year and many pro bowls in the future:tt02:

No way he will get rookie of the year. He doesn't have any touchdown runs or passes.

Lunchbucket
11-18-2010, 01:28 PM
No way he will get rookie of the year. He doesn't have any touchdown runs or passes.

Sadly,true. But IMHO the best rookie football player in the league.

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I get a boner watching him finish blocks beyond the whisle!!

lloydfan4life
11-18-2010, 02:00 PM
I get a boner watching him finish blocks beyond the whisle!!

you seriously gotta stop hanging out with ktrain! :lol:

harpo
11-18-2010, 02:14 PM

LOL.....

It was probably him or Ktrain who sent that email to NFL Network, demanding that they show some love for Pouncey. :lol:

K Train
11-18-2010, 03:36 PM
but hey lets not forget evander DID beat him in one on one drills in TC

lol

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 03:50 PM

LOL, he's the only one that stays with his block or looks for someone to smash. I'm use to seeing Hartpig flopping around on the ground or standing there with a finger in his ***...

harpo
11-18-2010, 04:08 PM
but hey lets not forget evander DID beat him in one on one drills in TC

lol

LOL....I knew it was coming!:lol:

super cleats
11-18-2010, 06:01 PM
we should of drafted louis delmas and not evander hood, but i like the free safety position the best so im bias

K Train
11-18-2010, 06:46 PM
i agree....or darius butler. delmas is a bullet, he would have been perfect and clark would be long gone by now

Goodfrom55
11-18-2010, 06:51 PM
i agree....or darius butler. delmas is a bullet, he would have been perfect and clark would be long gone by now

Top priorities are shut down corner, cornerstone left tackle, D-line depth. . .in that order.

K Train
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
lol at "a shutdown corner"...we just need better corners, we dont need deion sanders.

FS is a huge need, dline is a huge need, and RG/Either tackle are gonna be big ones

Rampage
11-18-2010, 07:42 PM
I do not think I have ever been as excited about drafting an offensive lineman as I was whenever this team got Pouncey. Last April, in the words of Borat, "I was very excite!" You could tell he was something special when he beat out Hartwig for the starting job in the preseason. Yeah, Hartwig is not God's gift to offensive line play, but this team typically lets its rookies, regardless of talent, atrophy on the bench for their first several years. I've definitely been impressed with his play this season and I have to say I was worrying when he went out against the Bengals a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully he can continue on this path and this team will have the center its needed since Hartings' departure. Wouldn't it be nice to get Mike in the draft, too?

Farrior Fan
11-18-2010, 11:16 PM
I watched a U Fla game several weeks ago and was not impressed by his bro. Of course that was only 1 game but I just didn't see much in common except for the name

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 11:31 PM
He slid over from gaurd, he was struggling for a few weeks but has gotten much better as of late...

Rampage
11-19-2010, 11:49 AM
I watched a U Fla game several weeks ago and was not impressed by his bro. Of course that was only 1 game but I just didn't see much in common except for the name

He slid over from gaurd, he was struggling for a few weeks but has gotten much better as of late...

Whenever the predraft guys were starting to hype the Pouncey pick, I started checking him out and I thought that Mike looked pretty sharp with Maurkice in at center. I am by no means some college player guru, but from what I saw of Mike last year at guard versus his play at center this year, I think it is apparent that he is best suited to playing guard. Wishful thinking, but maybe if Pouncey doesn't play all that well at center this year, he could drop a bit in the draft and the Steelers could pick him up. :tt02:

K Train
11-19-2010, 01:23 PM
mike is not as smooth as maurkice, and he should never go anywhere near a snappable ball again, but hes a great guard prospect and would instantly be an upgrade over essex at RG....not to mention this is the first time in their lives they havent been on the same team, thats some serious chemistry

igor0190
11-19-2010, 01:31 PM
mike is not as smooth as maurkice, and he should never go anywhere near a snappable ball again, but hes a great guard prospect and would instantly be an upgrade over essex at RG....not to mention this is the first time in their lives they havent been on the same team, thats some serious chemistry

So what you think? Steelers grab him in the 3rd round if he's there? Where you think he will be valued in the draft?

K Train
11-19-2010, 01:37 PM
oh theyd have to grab him at the back end of the first or the very top of the second....not the prospect his brother was but probably the second best interior lineman in the draft behind cannon, who i like better as a RT anyway