PDA

View Full Version : Troy Polamalu is dealing with a strained right Achilles tendon.

jpele
11-17-2010, 05:44 PM
The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette refers to the ailment as "potentially bothersome." Coach Mike Tomlin said the team is "probably going to slow (Polamalu) down here in the early portions of the week... with an eye toward practicing in the latter part of the week." Tomlin expects Polamalu to play this weekend, which is certainly encouraging, but keep a close eye on this one, as it's certainly an injury that could get worse. Nov. 17 - 11:30 am et
Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

LatrobePA
11-17-2010, 05:53 PM
You could tell he was off more this last game...

super cleats
11-17-2010, 06:09 PM
nice *** picture

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Between his changing role in the defense and now this, you can tell he's got a little less giddy up in his step. Still though he's a dangerous player so we need him out there. His presence alone is worth his weight on the field. They might do this the rest of the season, let him reset up early in the week and then get a couple good days in before the game.

I mentioned in another thread too, from what I understand Lebeau is transitioning a lot of what Troy used to do over to Lawrence Timmons now. Timmons is doing a lot more free lancing this year whereas Troy used to it in the past. He is now being asked to play more of a traditional Safety role. He still runs around and creates havoc but as we've noticed Timmons has role has increased and he is playing very well.

Scorp
11-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Hope he stays healthy and it's not going to give him too much problems.

steelersbabex25
11-17-2010, 07:40 PM
Slowed down more than he already is? :duh:

Clevelandsux
11-17-2010, 11:07 PM
This guy just can't stay healthy.

K Train
11-17-2010, 11:50 PM
its because he trains like a figure skater in the offseason and does yoga with carrots and celery up his ***

Zachintosh66
11-18-2010, 12:09 AM
Surprise! Troys hurt maybe if he actually tackled someone once in a while instead of sprinting across the field and throwing himself on the ground...

Farrior Fan
11-18-2010, 12:23 AM
nice *** picture

Best post by SuperCleats yet

--- Added 11/17/2010 at 11:23 PM ---

I really miss Troy, he has not even been close to the 43 we all love since the Titans game where he was injured last year. I was really optimistic at the beginning of this season when he had a couple of good games. Now I think his best days are way behind him. BUT it does seem that opposing QB's are still throwing away from him and for that his value is still very high. If we had another Ike on the field we would likely not even notice his drop off as much.

Obligatory fire BA mention

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 09:19 AM
I see the exact opposite, the QB's seem to be throwing more his way...

SteelCityKid5
11-18-2010, 10:55 AM
I love Troy but in next years draft should we start looking for his replacement? Is it too soon? Im not saying 1st round but... I dunno

igor0190
11-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I love Troy but in next years draft should we start looking for his replacement? Is it too soon? Im not saying 1st round but... I dunno

Pretty sure if a 1st round safety comes in he will be replacing Clark and not Troy. Troy is still just as good as he ever was, they are just using him differently and it's not effective. He is a read and react player, not a sit back and play it safe guy. Troy even said that Timmons has taken his spot as wildcard in the defense this year.

Blazedby92
11-18-2010, 12:03 PM
its because he trains like a figure skater in the offseason and does yoga with carrots and celery up his ***

:lol:Very true

Surprise! Troys hurt maybe if he actually tackled someone once in a while instead of sprinting across the field and throwing himself on the ground...

Alot of people like to say he is one of the best in the game but like someone said before he is just a splash play safety.

Don't get me wrong I like 43 but there is much better out there.

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 12:07 PM

Wouldn't hurt because with Tomlin he'll be a 5 year vet B4 he can start!!:stirpot:

coldrolled
11-18-2010, 12:12 PM
Wouldn't hurt because with Tomlin he'll be a 5 year vet B4 he can start!!:stirpot:

we need a pick like 2010 TJWard 2nd round starter...

LatrobePA
11-18-2010, 12:19 PM
we need a pick like 2010 TJWard 2nd round starter...

Yes, I'll take that!!

NOT, a huge upsided LB'r in the 4th to just let him walk!!