PDA

View Full Version : Fine for hit on Hines?

Farrior Fan
11-16-2010, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure why no one is picking up on this. The hit on Hines was obviously helmet to helmet. The fact that the refs called a dropped ball after a review proves that he was defenseless when he was hit. So...quick question - what is the rule? I thought it was a helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver. I understand the refs not throwing a flag when the challenge was whether or not Hines had possession. But the guy who hit him better get a fine, even if it was not intentional (It clearly was not - but rules are rules). I'm really just pissed that we got our asses handed to us and since I hate the Pats I want them to suffer at least a little. The whining by the Pats after the game that we were hitting after the whistle is a brilliant ploy to take attention away from this obviously illegal hit and focus back on the "dirty play" of the Steelers.

HUNT4SEVEN
11-16-2010, 09:57 AM
Sanders is also a repeat offender:yesnod: and it's funny how NO one is talking about the helmet to helmet hit...the NFL sucks anymore especially with the P.O.S Commish in office:cursin:

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Steelers vs League...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2010, 11:16 AM
There most certainly better be a fine for that hit, it knocked Hines out of the game and it was blatantly obvious that it was helmet to helmet. He actually hit Hines on the lid and then his own team mate after that. Better be a 50K fine atleast.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 11:20 AM
This sissy crap of fining a player after the fact has got to be changed. Is it fair to our team or any other for that matter to have your star player sidelined while the offender has the right to finish playing???

Scorp
11-16-2010, 11:25 AM
If there is no fine in Hines' favor, it's because he had a neck injury and not a concussion. It's BS cause it's still a helmet to helmet nonetheless. Just because Hines wanted back in the game does not mean Goodell should not do his job.

steelersbabex25
11-16-2010, 03:48 PM
Why would someone be fined for hitting a Steeler player? That's such a ridiculous thought.

Steel Trap86
11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
lol he wont get fined. same rules do not apply to everyone in the NFL, that's the way it is.

Farrior Fan
11-16-2010, 04:13 PM
ya'll are probably right, this will be swept under the rug and if it is brought up it will be approached as he didn't mean to do it. I swear I am done with the NFL. I officially refuse to spend a nickel more on jerseys, hats, tshirts, etc. My total annual spending was probably around $100. No more, I will watch on Sundays but that is it. I love my Steelers and hate the NFL.

steelersbabex25
11-16-2010, 04:25 PM
ya'll are probably right, this will be swept under the rug

Along with all of James Harrison's uncalled holds.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 04:26 PM
I love my Steelers and hate the NFL.

Pretty sums it up for me....

Chad Ochostinko fines 20K for wearing gold shoes, another player fined big coin for chinstrap violation, this **** is a joke!!

steelchamp204
11-16-2010, 04:42 PM
Yea if this was a steeler taking out Tom Brady with helmet to helmet all hell would break loose and thered be a supsension, but remember, GODELL was tailgating with the bengals and prob didnt feel bad for hines since hine jacked up his boy rivers jaw. This league is a ****ing joke.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 04:45 PM
I'd like to drive a large bottle of Heinz Ketchup up Goodells ***!!

Scorp
11-16-2010, 05:22 PM
F it. Hines will be in for Sundays game and he will show why he is Hines "Psycho" Ward.

JensK
11-16-2010, 07:47 PM
F it. Hines will be in for Sundays game and he will show why he is Hines "Psycho" Ward.

Oh come on now! We just lost to Patriots... We demand justice! :grin1:

steelchamp204
11-16-2010, 09:16 PM
Hey the raidr play us good at pitt, dont think this will be easy, remmeber the past couple times the raiders came to heinz field :(

steel-tex
11-16-2010, 09:31 PM
Im all for safety of the players - but they know what's at stake playin the game. The NFL is just like everything else now days - way to many rules and regulations. Why not put flags in there back pockets and give penalties for touching the ball carrier ?? Flag Football ...

Callax
11-16-2010, 10:26 PM
HA

a fine for hitting Hines??
never gonna happen with this lame *** Commish!!!

KSSteelerfan
11-16-2010, 10:37 PM
When I saw the replay of the hit on Hines the first thing that I thought was ...wait a minute that was a helmet to helmet hit. I'm waiting for league reaction but then again why should I not be surprised if nothing comes out of this ......double standard I guess for all of the other teams except the Steelers....

jpele
11-16-2010, 10:48 PM
Pretty sums it up for me....

Chad Ochostinko fines 20K for wearing gold shoes, another player fined big coin for chinstrap violation, this **** is a joke!!

You fine a player because of a dress code yet do nothing about Le'Ron McClain spitting in a mans face. How low can the NFL go.

Steel Trap86
11-16-2010, 10:59 PM
or Shaun Rodgers carrying a fully loaded hand gun through customs, or vince young tuning some guy up in the strip club on film.

lol the NFL really is a joke

igor0190
11-19-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm still very curious to hear if Sanders will be fined for the hit on Hines... While I don't believe his intent was malicious on the play as the NFL has said, it does not matter. The defensive player is responsible blah blah blah...

It would be COMPLETE bull if he does not get fined.

LatrobePA
11-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Ward said Chung should be fined for the hit...???

igor0190
11-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Ward said Chung should be fined for the hit...???

:lol:
Didn't he say Rodney Harrison should be?