PDA

View Full Version : Debacle blueprint of things to come?

Raleigh Steel
11-16-2010, 05:56 AM
The Steelers began their search for answers Monday, answers to a listless offense and a defense that could not stop Tom Brady and his band of no-name receivers, including a rookie tight end from Woodland Hills High who caught three touchdown passes.

One thing the Steelers do know is that tapes of their Sunday night meltdown will be featured by all future opponents, starting with the revived Oakland Raiders, who Sunday will try to make it two victories in Heinz Field in two seasons.

"Oh, yeah, no doubt about it," linebacker James Farrior said. "Teams are definitely going to look at this game and it's definitely something we're going to have to address every week until we get this stuff stopped.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10320/1103639-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz15RCsbUpw

Dean Denton
11-16-2010, 06:21 AM
Oh, yeah, no doubt about it," linebacker James Farrior said. "Teams are definitely going to look at this game and it's definitely something we're going to have to address every week until we get this stuff stopped.

Good luck trying to get this together. I would be happy with this team just lifting their heads up because I bet they cant even look people in the face....

Scorp
11-16-2010, 11:39 AM
They better get it together by Sunday or else.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 12:08 PM
Good news gang, we don't play Brady every week! As much as we hate the prick, he's one of the best QB's out there!!

However, yes we need to improve...

jackhammer1
11-16-2010, 12:17 PM
That's true. Every other QB from here on out should look like a high school kid after what Brady did. Although without a pass rush a high school kid might just tear up this secondary. BTW where the hell has Troy been lately? He started this year as a huge difference maker but lately I see him more in Head & Shoulders commercials than on the field.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 12:21 PM
Troy has been exposed....Still a great player!

nuclearchihuahuas
11-16-2010, 01:46 PM
The secondary is weak; the d-line banged up and with the exception of Pouncey, the O-line is terrible. We will win more games but I do not think it likely we beat any of the 'elite' teams. The secondary and o-line must be the main concerns now that Reed is gone. There is a lot of work to do and a short time to do it.

igor0190
11-16-2010, 01:47 PM
Troy has been exposed....Still a great player!

Troy is not a conservative player... He needs to be running around out their on instinct. Lebeau has taken away some of that freedom because Timmons has been given some.

GIVE BACK TROYS FREEDOM!

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
Oh, yeah, no doubt about it," linebacker James Farrior said. "Teams are definitely going to look at this game and it's definitely something we're going to have to address every week until we get this stuff stopped....

He's worried about teams hitting our weak spots from our losing game tape?? hes right...

but why is it BA and DL didnt do that with the Pats game tapes????

were to good to copy winning game plans.. we are :cursin: smarter... i forget.

Raleigh Steel
11-16-2010, 01:54 PM
i thought the browns gave us a blue print on how to defeat the patriots. hopefully the remaining OC's we see are as stupid as ours.

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 02:00 PM
i thought the browns gave us a blue print on how to defeat the patriots. hopefully the remaining OC's we see are as stupid as ours.

:plus1: :yellowthumb:

Moondog
11-16-2010, 02:02 PM
The coaching staff has to get more creative and adjust. They need to quit doing things "their way" because "their way" is not working. Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results is the definition of insanity. The Patriots didn't have to change a thing, dink and dunk down the field. The Steelers needed to adjust (more man, more blitzers) but they didn't. Humility is facing the truth about yourselves, and the Steelers coaching staff has none. Let's see some creativity, due to injuries, the players that are available can not operate these schemes...it's time to do something different...period.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-16-2010, 02:13 PM
2010 = 2009 v2.0?

Moondog
11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
^ Hope not...but it's looking that way.

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 02:17 PM
^ Hope not...but it's looking that way.

Sure has that feeling!

Here's the problem, the defense is afraid to hit, and our offense has no chance with BA.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-16-2010, 02:22 PM
QUOTE=LatrobePA;379899]Sure has that feeling!

Here's the problem, the defense is afraid to hit, and our offense has no chance with BA.[/QUOTE]

I'm tired of hearing the excuse the defense is afraid to hit.....The other 31 NFL defenses have to adjust as well and I don't hear them making excuses.....Belichick with 4 rookies along his defense owned us and they were not afraid to hit or play the game......

No more excuses for the defense, Ben, the whole freaking team.....Its time to right the **** or they can **** off....:lol: Bunch of over paid ego maniacs should be shot for their lack of fire and their terrible play against the Pats.......

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 02:29 PM
QUOTE=LatrobePA;379899]Sure has that feeling!

Here's the problem, the defense is afraid to hit, and our offense has no chance with BA.

I'm tired of hearing the excuse the defense is afraid to hit.....The other 31 NFL defenses have to adjust as well and I don't hear them making excuses.....Belichick with 4 rookies along his defense owned us and they were not afraid to hit or play the game......

No more excuses for the defense, Ben, the whole freaking team.....Its time to right the **** or they can **** off....:lol: Bunch of over paid ego maniacs should be shot for their lack of fire and their terrible play against the Pats.......[/QUOTE]

I agree man, it just appeard that way to me...

Ben said they stunk and it wasn't fun, lets hope they can get it fixed...

super cleats
11-16-2010, 03:12 PM
It's called getting a new defensive co-ordinator at the end of the season.

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2010, 04:44 PM
The Steelers tortured Jason Campbell in 2008 on that Monday night game in DC and had him running for his life and throwing interceptions. Hopefully Campbell has that game fresh in his mind and the same thing happens on Sunday at Heinz Field...

super cleats
11-16-2010, 04:47 PM
The Steelers tortured Jason Campbell in 2008 on that Monday night game in DC and had him running for his life and throwing interceptions. Hopefully Campbell has that game fresh in his mind and the same thing happens on Sunday at Heinz Field...

most likely not.

im a fast dude run a 4.5-6 40 yard dash, does anyone want to help me run around in the secondary this weekend since polamalu, clark, taylor and mcfadden are on their lunch break?

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 04:54 PM
We also tortured Bruce Gradkowski when he was in Tampa and he torched us last year! Every giving Sunday brings a new chance for a player/ team to redeem themselves...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Campbell is no Tom Brady. I give the Raiders credit for playing pretty well this year and surprising people with their performance. I'm sure they will attempt to run something similar to the Pats against us until we can stop it. The defense knows it coming, it's up to them to step up.

ctsteelah
11-18-2010, 08:53 PM
OK,

I will be honest and I am biased towards the D while critical of BA. The one thing that I cant get over however is how wide open the Pats receivers were.

My question is how did they get there?

1) Because of the "3 down drop back 8" defense?

2) Because Brady had that much time to throw? There were times he looked off his 1st read (probably the TE Hernandez) to go to his second/third
3) The Pats are masters at sitting in a zone?

4) The formation and call was so effective that film study never showed many of these plays?

I know the 10 yard cushion will be there so thats a given that I can accept.

I know Brady burned the Steelers when they blitzed him in the Anthony Smith debacle. He spread us out in that game as did Rich Gannon with a hurry up 5 wide alignment.

Minus spygate the piece of sh!t has our number and I dont know if we match up well regardless of gameplan....confidence is obviously bruised.

Thoughts?

HUNT4SEVEN
11-18-2010, 10:19 PM
It's time to move on let it go...