PDA

View Full Version : Would the Steelers be smart...

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 07:50 PM
To sit guys like Keisel or Kemo,Timmons,Hines all of the key guys that are hurt the next 2 weeks against teams like the Raiders and Bills and get them absolutely 100 percent ready for the big showdown in Baltimore in about 2 weeks?? I dont care what anybody will say on here about the Raiders beating the Steelers last year and being improved a great deal this year but the Steelers have got to be able to win this game against Oakland this Sunday,and the game the following Sunday at Buffalo and should be able to do it with all of those guys I mentioned above out of the lineup. These guys in my opinion need to be 100 percent for that Ravens game with everything this season potentially being on the line in that game...What are your guys thoughts???

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 07:56 PM
I hadn't thought about that, but at this point I think they need to be playing all their starters that are capable of playing. No team is an easy team.

Nolrog
11-15-2010, 08:04 PM
You sit all those guys and you run the risk of losing those games. You dismiss it, but Oakland did beat us last year, and they are infact much improved (and if they win that game, they are tied with us in the standings record wise, but then hold the tie breaker.) And sititng all those starters just gives them both added incentive.

SteelersGirlTN7
11-15-2010, 08:11 PM
If we sit people though and we lose these games, and the Ravens don't lose either of their games, than it's really not a showdown. We need to put our best foot forward, and if we lose, we lose, but the Ravens game is just another game if we're not tied or close in the standings.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 08:18 PM
That game the Raiders won here last year while they did what they had to do to win was a fluke. If Joe Burnett closes his arms on that last drive where Bruce Gradkowski threw the ball practically right to him the Steelers win that game despite the horrific defense that occured in that entire game...West coast teams historically do not play well at 1 o clock games on the East Coast because of the 3 hour time difference. So I dont care if the Raiders are improved this year at all they still have lost to bad teams on the road this season such as Arizona and San Francisco and it will be an absolute disgrace if the Steelers allow a sub-par Oakland team to come into Heinz Field and beat them 2 years in a row...You can also kiss the AFC North Division title goodbye as well and also a chance of making the playoffs. You do not lose to teams like the Oakland Raiders if you are suppose to be a Super Bowl Contender like the Steelers are this season it's really that simple...

Nolrog
11-15-2010, 08:21 PM
I agree with you Troy, except for that last statement. They are not a superbowl contender. Not when they can't block 3 defenders and put zero pressure on the QB. If they don't improve from these last 3 games, they won't even make the playoffs, let alone contend for the SB.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 08:50 PM
I agree with you Troy, except for that last statement. They are not a superbowl contender. Not when they can't block 3 defenders and put zero pressure on the QB. If they don't improve from these last 3 games, they won't even make the playoffs, let alone contend for the SB.

Despite how horrible the Steelers looked last night they are still one of the 4 favorites in the AFC along with the Ravens,Jets,and Pats to get to Dallas. The loss last night was not devistating by any means but it was a huge huge wakeup call in my opinion. One thing the Steelers have yet to do this season is lose a game to a team that they absolutely positively have no business losing too. Losing to teams like the Ravens,Saints,and Patriots is acceptable because those teams are very talented and are some of the top teams in the league. Losing to a team like the Oakland Raiders or Buffalo Bills isnt an a loss to either of these teams before the Baltimore game in about 3 weeks Im telling you can spell implosion and complete disaster much like it did right at this exact time last year...

Zachintosh66
11-15-2010, 09:25 PM
at this point raiders are not the bills... and we are currently tied for the div lead... we need best players on the field... less guys like foster, scott and gay on the field the better.

Timmons is our best LB right now, Foote is a good backup, but no where in the same area code as Timmons has been playing this year, i think that was evident last night

Lunchbucket
11-15-2010, 09:54 PM
:2cents:
I hadn't thought about that, but at this point I think they need to be playing all their starters that are capable of playing. No team is an easy team.

Any given Sunday,so goes the cliche ,but it is still true.You got to play the best guys you got and not overlook anyone.Focus on the task at hand.No team in the NFL should be taken lightly.When you start counting up wins on teams you haven played yet,it spells TROUBLE.:2cents:

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Take the Raiders lightly and they will kick our asses!!

Same for the Bill!!

DanRooney
11-15-2010, 11:59 PM
Woodley is our worst LBer. He plays every snap and has stats like 2 solos, 1 assist. FOR THE ENTIRE FREAKIN' GAME. I hope we don't resign him.

Dean Denton
11-16-2010, 03:53 AM
Take the Raiders lightly and they will kick our asses!!

Same for the Bill!!Thank you...Finally someone talking clear headed. The Raiders are playing at a different level then the Steelers. So what if we have one more win then they do. They are playing fired up, passionate football. The Steelers look flat and tired. You all can say, "The Steelers are going to take out all their frustrations on the Raiders, but I really dont see it. I have seen every game that both the Raiders and Steelers have played, and the Raiders look like the better team right now. The Steelers looked better before Ben came back because they ran the ball. The Raider Def is good, and they can get to Ben easily. They are better up front then the Pats and will pound this make shift o-line into dog chow....And sure the Bills are 1-8, but most of their games were close and I would think after a 5 game skid the Steelers went on last year to the bottom tier of the NFL you guys would look at every game as hard as the next. You can try and sit those key players to get healthy, but if the Bills and the Raiders win, then the Ravens game means nothing but playing for pride...And the Pats did just what I said they would do.You guys all said the Steelers still hung on and beat the Bengals, but I say the Bengals just ran out of time. The Steelers were finished...and for the record, Hines is fine, he just doesn't want to play with Ben anymore. How can you guys not see that?

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Woodley is our worst LBer. He plays every snap and has stats like 2 solos, 1 assist. FOR THE ENTIRE FREAKIN' GAME. I hope we don't resign him.

put woirlds in a little... change the attitudes on the field.

this team is really starting to look like a poorly coached team all around..

if the coaches suck they can only blame the players... then the players finally give up and lose their focus because they know the games are planned off the mark.. they are gamers... focus lost...

at this point fire Arians... start somewhere....

HUNT4SEVEN
11-16-2010, 10:25 AM
put woirlds in a little... change the attitudes on the field.

this team is really starting to look like a poorly coached team all around..

if the coaches suck they can only blame the players... then the players finally give up and lose their focus because they know the games are planned off the mark.. they are gamers... focus lost...

at this point fire Arians... start somewhere....

And the sad thing is we have some great young talent on this roster, Guys like Butler who can play the Nickel position, JW can give Woodley and the other rookie LB can give Harrison a break sometimes, we are a very **** poor coached team right now, that's why i say clean house and bring in Rob Ryan we need a new attitude and a fresh start, the sad thing is the Rooneys will stick with Tomlin because they just resigned him to a extension:cursin: We need to seriously change our schemes also and simplify our system so these young talented cats can get on the field earlier, it works for other teams like the Clowns :cursin: No way are they a better team than us but at this point they are playing better football than we are, they confused Drew and that bum Brady...:cursin:

LatrobePA
11-16-2010, 11:11 AM
Right now Tomlin isn't going to make any roster changes, get use to it...Same ole starting lineup week in and week out!

Tomlin is an idiot for not rotating the young guys in through out the game....My $ .02!!

Zachintosh66
11-16-2010, 11:13 AM
I dont think we need to "clean" house... I would like to see some younger cats get some snaps tho...

Also, the thing that bothers me the most is... our lack of blitzing. Our secondary is soft, Our DL is old and full of "average joes". Wouldn't blitzing and causing pressure improve the secondary? QB wouldnt have forever to pick us apart...

Rushing only 3 in the first quarter is ridiculous... that leaves the QB n WR basically playing pitch and catch. Our CBs will never be shutdown, the entire league knows that so any WR can get open after 5-6 seconds especially if we are only rushing 3...

Rampage
11-16-2010, 11:34 AM
I dont think we need to "clean" house... I would like to see some younger cats get some snaps tho...

Also, the thing that bothers me the most is... our lack of blitzing. Our secondary is soft, Our DL is old and full of "average joes". Wouldn't blitzing and causing pressure improve the secondary? QB wouldnt have forever to pick us apart...

Rushing only 3 in the first quarter is ridiculous... that leaves the QB n WR basically playing pitch and catch. Our CBs will never be shutdown, the entire league knows that so any WR can get open after 5-6 seconds especially if we are only rushing 3...

I am with you on the blitzing or lack thereof. Without an overly capable secondary, this defense survives only because of its pass rush. Unfortunately, when the pass rush does not get there, we see games like Sunday night's. Why not blitz William Gay more often? I think he has done well blitzing this season, surely better than he has done covering receivers. It seems as if every game has had a corner blitz that gets pressure on the QB and then that play call disappears for the rest of the game. With Harrison constantly being held and Woodley being unable to get off his block, perhaps the Steelers should rely on some pressure from the secondary or something up the middle from Timmons or Farrior.

SteelCityKid5
11-16-2010, 11:38 AM
Not after last years 5 games stretch