PDA

View Full Version : If the Steelers win their next 2 games...

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 06:51 PM
Against both the Raiders and Bills and get to 8-3 and 6-2 overall in the AFC I think at the very worst they will be in excellent shape to make the playoffs as a wildcard team even if they dont win the AFC North over the Ravens. The Steelers currently are in good shape in the AFC to at least get one of those wildcard spots seeing that they have head to head tiebrakers over wildcard contenders Tennessee and Miami who are both 5-4, and will have another chance to get a tiebraker this weekend head to head over a Raiders team that is 5-4 as well. The bottom line is the Steelers have GOT to win these next 2 games against the Raiders and the Bills because if they dont and they drop one of them it could very well costs them a playoff spot. Because let's face it the Ravens,Jets,and Browns game are not gimmie games anymore. You have to take care of business in your own backyard against a team like the Oakland Raiders no matter how much improved they are this season from lasts,and you have to do the same against the Bills in Buffalo the following week. If the Steelers go into the Ravens game at 8-3 still tied with the Ravens they will still have a chance to win this division and get that number 1 or 2 seed. The Steelers now need to root for the Jets to win the AFC East because they no longer own the head to head tiebraker over the Pats should they win the division and still have a chance to win the head to head tiebraker over the Jets should they beat them here next month. My concern at this point here is just making the playoffs because we have all seen what Mike Tomlin's teams 2 out of his first 3 years tend to do right before Thanksgiving when they are 6-2 they go in the tank and drop a game to a bad team. That's what staring them in the face this week when they play the Raiders a team you absolutely have got to beat and improve your chances of making the playoffs as a wildcard at the very least...

igor0190
11-15-2010, 07:53 PM
The Ravens 6-3 has NOT been any more convincing than the Steelers 6-3. We just need to get back on track. This is still a good football team. The coaches have to pull it together. A little less vanilla on both sides of the ball.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 08:10 PM
The Ravens 6-3 has NOT been any more convincing than the Steelers 6-3. We just need to get back on track. This is still a good football team. The coaches have to pull it together. A little less vanilla on both sides of the ball.

It still will all come down to that Baltimore game on Sunday night December 5th to determine who wins the AFC North and who potentially will either be the number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC Playoffs. With that being said, the Steelers cannot afford to lose a game that they are not suppose to lose and I count one of those games being this Sunday against the Raiders. The Ravens most likely are going to win their next 2 games at Carolina and against Tampa before playing the Steelers and get to 8-3, the Steelers MUST do the same and not lose to teams like the Raiders and Bills who you absolutely have got to beat. You win both of these games and do it in pretty good fashion then you get a lot of momentum going into that Ravens game and then you can really put last nights *** kicking at the hands of the Patriots behind you. The Steelers are still in good shape I believe despite the loss last night to still get the number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC. It was a bad, embarrassing loss last night but hopefully it was a wakeup call and the Steelers can get their **** together and move forward and win these next 2 games and get to 8-3 and set themselves up to win the division in that game against Baltimore in 2 weeks...

twag
11-16-2010, 08:39 AM
have you NOT seen the ravens play lately? they are i HATE to say playing lights out! while we cant even seem to find the light switch! i cant teel you how much i hate the ratbirds but right now the way we have been playing or not playing they WILL!! kick or a** plain ans simple!

LarryNJ
11-16-2010, 10:29 AM
have you NOT seen the ravens play lately? they are i HATE to say playing lights out!

Ya, they sure were impressive on Thursday night.. the rest of the NFL is shaking..

BlitzburghRockCity
11-16-2010, 12:14 PM
There is nothing lights out about how the Ravens are playing right now, nor is there anything lights out about any team in the league at all. Every team is capable winning or getting beat on any Sunday, this year especially. You never know which team is going to show up.

Winning these next 2 games is absolutely a must win situation, there is no way we can count on the Ravens losing any of their next 2. If they do then that's great but we need to go into that game with them atleast in the same position we are in now. It's time for this team to step up and win the games they are supposed to win, and that means beating teams like the Raiders and Bills.