PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Contemplates Releasing Reed

Ibleedblk&gld
11-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Just got the text from Schefter:

"Pittsburgh contemplating cutting K Jeff Reed, whom Steelers franchised last off-season. Steelers bringing in kickers for workouts Tuesday"

Thank god...I used to be a reed fan, but after the stint of asshattery in the past offseasons and his series of misses, i'm through with him

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't stop with him, bring in some OC's as well!! Time for Tomlin to make a statement and release the scrubs and promote the young guys battling for a chance to fame!!

igor0190
11-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Shows that the Steelers saw something when they didn't offer him a long term contract. Skippy gave us a lot of great years... but maybe it is time to cut ties?
Who the heck is out there that could kick an Heinz Field effectively though?

Rampage
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
I hope that this is an accurate report. Even if they do not release Reed, perhaps the threat of doing so and the competition from other kickers would give him the kick in the backside that he needs.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
i don't even know who is available...i'd look it up but i have to get to class...also, i agree w/ kicking arians to the curb...been wanting to since last year...

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 04:28 PM
OUR PRAYERS (may be) ANSWERED! CAN I GET AN AMEN?!

igor0190
11-15-2010, 04:29 PM
i don't even know who is available...i'd look it up but i have to get to class...also, i agree w/ kicking arians to the curb...been wanting to since last year...

Tomlin don't got the balls to get rid of Arians... And he doesn't have the offensive background to be comfortable calling the plays himself.
Is there someone on staff that would be a shoe-in to be next in line to call the offense?

K Train
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM

reed is only the 5th out of 5 big problems

arians...duh
randle el keeping some young studs off the field
polamalu being made a fool out of
injuries all over on offensive and defensive lines
jeff reed

thats hardly taking care all the prayers

LarryNJ
11-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I hope that this is an accurate report. Even if they do not release Reed, perhaps the threat of doing so and the competition from other kickers would give him the kick in the backside that he needs.

Schefter is usually spot on so I'd bet it is true. I agree it may be the kick he needs.

Rampage
11-15-2010, 04:36 PM
Schefter is usually spot on so I'd bet it is true. I agree it may be the kick he needs.

I didn't see that it was Schefter, too excited by the possibility of seeing this staff show that it does have a pulse. Should be pretty accurate then, he's no Jason La Canfora.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 04:37 PM
Reed had some comments last night after the game about the fans as well saying stuff like if youre not perfect in this town youre going to hear about it, and he also was wearing a shirt that said haters are gonna hate. Im officially done with Reed and I hope they let him go and I hope this report is true...

Prosdo
11-15-2010, 04:39 PM

arians...duh
jeff reed

I understand El is a vet, but I have to agree. I would like to see Sanders and Brown in the game a bit more. El is good for trickery, but that's only helpful if you reach into that play calling bag a whole lot more.

super cleats
Don't stop with him, bring in some OC's as well!! Time for Tomlin to make a statement and release the scrubs and promote the young guys battling for a chance to fame!!

I think the biggest mistake of the off-season was not pushing to sign for antrel rolle.

DanRooney

arians...duh
jeff reed

Forgot a few:

Jason (Gildong) Woodley being a complete non-factor
William Gay being abused for 5 TDs in 2 games
Ryan Clark being terrified of being around the play

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 04:42 PM

arians...duh
jeff reed

I never said all of our prayers are answered. But it's a start.

Zachintosh66
11-15-2010, 04:57 PM
Wont happen, too much $ already invested. They will ride the storm out and let him go in the offseason... I wish they would cut his *** tho

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 04:59 PM
What kickers they gonna bring in any names come about??

HUNT4SEVEN
11-15-2010, 05:04 PM
Until we make the necessary changes we are gonna continue to have these types of games, it really hurts to because we have so much talent on this roster young and old, AB and ES should be on the field more IMO they earned playing time, JW should see more time on Defense to give Woodley and Harrison a break sometimes:yesnod:, Gay had 1 bad game so i'm not calling for his head just yet we need new SCHEMES plain and simple we need to clean house and bring in a real OC a real Full Back and i know yaw don't wanna hear this but it's time that Dick Lebeau retires:rant2:

Adam Schefter
@Adam_Schefter Adam Schefter
Pittsburgh contemplating cutting K Jeff Reed, whom Steelers franchised last off-season. Steelers bringing in kickers for workouts Tuesday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5810033

Ibleedblk&gld
11-15-2010, 05:07 PM
I think I dislike gay more than everyone on the team, Essex is 2nd...

Gay gets beat 98% of the time he drops back to cover, and Essex can't go a game without ****ing us at the wrong moment with a hold or false start

Zachintosh66
11-15-2010, 05:07 PM

Norm Johnson, Gary Anderson perhaps?

Prolly that UFL reject Pitor Check

Ibleedblk&gld
11-15-2010, 05:08 PM
I'm down for trading gay and reed for janikowski :D

Zachintosh66
11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
Steelers to work out Kickers on tues... too bad they didnt invite any lineman, defensive backs or offensive cordinators too

steelfury455
11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
people may disagree but I think Reed is still our best option at heinz field. he's in a slump right now and fans don't want to hear excuses but PKs go thru these issues. cutting him now is not a great idea. he was far from what killed us last night...

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 05:12 PM
people may disagree but I think Reed is still our best option at heinz field. he's in a slump right now and fans don't want to hear excuses but PKs go thru these issues. cutting him now is not a great idea. he was far from what killed us last night...

Ah you're missing the part when Reed said that the reason he's been missing field goals is because of the turf at Heinz.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Reed is a poop turd...

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Norm Johnson, Gary Anderson perhaps?

Prolly that UFL reject Pitor Check

Seriously who is out there that is a free agent that they could possibly look at that could seriously replace Jeff Reed because I seriously want his druken out of shape *** gone...

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
I see no confirmed report, so I'll believe it when I see it. Remember Reed came in midseason, 2002. Todd peterson was shanking everything.

Scorp
11-15-2010, 05:46 PM
Forget contemplating. Just get rid of his arse. We need to get into the playoffs and every.....and i do mean every point counts.

KSSteelerfan
11-15-2010, 06:18 PM

AMEN!!

--- Added 11/15/2010 at 05:18 PM ---

I'm down for trading gay and reed for janikowski :D

No way that the "mad Hatter" Al Davis gives up his kicker....

super cleats
11-15-2010, 06:21 PM
Seriously who is out there that is a free agent that they could possibly look at that could seriously replace Jeff Reed because I seriously want his druken out of shape *** gone...

Matt Stover is available.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Bruce Arians, the guy is awesome at everything!!

mcfly06
11-15-2010, 06:32 PM
Jon Carney is out there

Steelers_All_Day_43
11-15-2010, 06:50 PM
I want Ken whisenhunt back!

Iron City South
11-15-2010, 07:29 PM
Just be careful what u wish for.

Yes, Reed as been "***" this season, but there's also a good reason that the people they're trying out are currently unemployed.

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Just be careful what u wish for.

Yes, Reed as been "***" this season, but there's also a good reason that the people they're trying out are currently unemployed.

You make a good point but nonetheless it doesnt hurt to bring some guys in to at least take a look at that can challenge Reed and if they dont sign anybody at least put a scare into him to know that the Steelers arent going to tolerate him shanking kicks like the ones he has so far this year any longer. When youre missing 26 yard FGs like Reed did last night that the Steelers desperately needed to stay in the game then you need to do something...It was time to do this and it was long overdue for weeks now so we shall see how this whole situation unfolds the next few days should be very interesting...

Scorp
11-15-2010, 09:20 PM
Someone call Gerela or Bahr.

jpele
11-15-2010, 09:42 PM
No idea who they bring in but here are some names that are out there:

Matt Stover, Shaun Suisham and John Carney. If I'm not mistaken Suisham was here for a training camp a few years back

mwittman5
11-16-2010, 12:15 AM
No idea who they bring in but here are some names that are out there:

Matt Stover, Shaun Suisham and John Carney. If I'm not mistaken Suisham was here for a training camp a few years back

steelers depot twitter said suisham is gonna get a workout and the steelers are considering stover

Dobre Shunka
11-16-2010, 05:15 AM
Reed is the least of our problems. Gay is.

Also, TP is not a problem at all, and I don't see him getting abused, rather I see him having to compensate for a gay team mate who is on his knees more than his feet.

Dean Denton
11-16-2010, 05:32 AM
Jesus, you can go get anyone to replace Reed. ****, I could go out there and miss 26 yeard field goals.....You dont even have to go sign a new player, let someone already on the team do it. I bet Randell El can hit a 26 yarder...

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Jesus, you can go get anyone to replace Reed. ****, I could go out there and miss 26 yeard field goals.....You dont even have to go sign a new player, let someone already on the team do it. I bet Randell El can hit a 26 yarder...

true but it gets harder to find the kicker that can win you a game with a 52-56 yarder....

Prosdo
11-16-2010, 11:19 AM
This comes from an article in the Boston Herald...

T-shirt that with the words "haters gonna hate" on it, went on to say that Steelers fans heckle him, punter Daniel Sepulveda and long snapper Greg Warren on a regular basis.

"It started before the game even started," Reed said. "Like I said, it’s like they buy tickets just to bash me, Dan and Greg. It’s more me because points come off of my foot."

LINK: http://news.bostonherald.com/sports/football/other_nfl/view/20101116jeff_reed_may_no_longer_be_right_for_steel ers/srvc=home&position=recent

When have fans ever heckled Warren or D-Sep? D-Sep is a very good punter and I can't remember the last time Warren made a mistake. Dude is delusional. Its him alone in that boat. He is the one who has been messing up.

Blazedby92
11-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Wonder why the bash him, he can't stay out of trouble and to top that he isn't getting his job done so I wonder shy he feels that way.

Prosdo
11-16-2010, 12:06 PM
He's gone. Suisham will be the new Steelers's kicker.

coldrolled
11-16-2010, 12:09 PM
The Steelers have cut kicker Jeff Reed and signed Shaun Suisham.

Suisham, who has played for the Cowboys and Redskins and has made just over 79 percent of his career field goals, worked out for the Steelers today at Heinz Field.

Reed had been the Steelers kicker since 2002 and is the franchise's second all-time leading scorer.
He entered the season as the most accurate kicker in team history but made just 15 of 22 field goal attempts this season.

After missing a 26-yarder in last Sunday night's 39-26 loss to the Patriots, Reed sounded off about the field conditions as well as the fan and media criticism he has endured this season.

--- Added 11/16/2010 at 11:09 AM ---

he cant stay out of trouble hes gone... cinci loves trouble..