PDA

View Full Version : Patriots not happy with Pittsburgh’s “extra sugar”

super cleats
11-15-2010, 02:54 PM
It’s rare to see a team play more physical than the Steelers, especially in Pittsburgh. The Patriots pulled it off Sunday night, and after the game they weren’t happy with some unnecessary shots the Steelers took after the whistle.

“There was a lot of extra sugar being tossed out around there, late in these plays,” tackle Matt Light said via Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston.com. “The guy would be down on the ground and you’d see unnecessary stuff happening, like they’re torquing his head when the play is clearly over. Those are the kind of things that get you fired up.”

The giddy Patriots after the game seemed to especially take issue with the aftermath of Tom Brady’s touchdown sneak.

“We don’t care how long your hair is, we’re not going to let you do what you want to our quarterback,” guard Logan Mankins said via the Boston Herald.

In the 2004 season, the Steelers manhandled the Patriots in the regular season before New England got revenge in the playoffs. Something tells us Pittsburgh will at least get the opportunity to return the favor this year.

After last night’s game, however, that game would likely be played in Foxborough.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/15/patriots-not-happy-with-pittsburghs-extra-sugar/

Rampage
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
The Patriots should be happy about it. They held this highly touted defensive pass rush to virtually zero in regards to pressure. Not a single sack by that linebacking corps so they became frustrated and had to resort to the "extra sugar," as it is being referred to. That means that the Patriots completely tooled this defense and they should be proud of that. Just like the Saints and Patriots got fired up after losing to the Browns, I think this Steelers defense is going to get fired up after being manhandled all night long and they are going to come out strong this weekend. :cope:

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 03:10 PM
The Patriots should be happy about it. They held this highly touted defensive pass rush to virtually zero in regards to pressure. Not a single sack by that linebacking corps so they became frustrated and had to resort to the "extra sugar," as it is being referred to. That means that the Patriots completely tooled this defense and they should be proud of that. Just like the Saints and Patriots got fired up after losing to the Browns, I think this Steelers defense is going to get fired up after being manhandled all night long and they are going to come out strong this weekend. :cope:

I hope so, or should I say they better!!

Blazedby92
11-15-2010, 03:22 PM
I hope so, or should I say they better!!

The whole team better

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 03:38 PM
The whole team better

Staff included!!:yellowthumb:

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 04:05 PM
Typical Patriots whining. The reason they don't want to see you do anything to their qb is because they don't want him throwing anymore temper tantrums and yelling at them for not coming to his rescue.

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 04:18 PM
I saw very little "sugar" last night from the Steelers. They need to get in those guys faces, start poping them in the mouth, as well as "golden bitch" Brady. Maybe if they hit Welker or a few of the receivers, maybe they would have thought twice about going over the middle.

steelchamp204
11-15-2010, 05:02 PM
why cant ben get into guys like brady did lastnight, or Tomlin get into the players like bilicik did? I mean where are the vocal leaders on the sideline? I would like to more or this.

Clevelandsux
11-15-2010, 05:09 PM
ya we haven't had a vocal leader since Joey porter.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 05:16 PM
why cant ben get into guys like brady did lastnight, or Tomlin get into the players like bilicik did? I mean where are the vocal leaders on the sideline? I would like to more or this.

Wasn't Ben suspended 4 games for something simular?? lol

Oh you mean yelling and screaming like an idiot??

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 05:44 PM
Wasn't Ben suspended 4 games for something simular?? lol

Oh you mean yelling and screaming like an idiot??

:rofl:

Zachintosh66
11-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Patriots are to CryBabys as Steelers are to thugish... if the shoe fits

another words Ive noticed things here and there big time as of the last few years that would tick me off if i was playing vs the steelers, im just being honest...

what was with E. Sanders dancing after his TD when your getting blasted on the scoreboard... granted it was his first TD but man we all got our asses handed to us...

SteelerFan87
11-16-2010, 01:44 AM
1. The Pats were giving as much "extra sugar" as they got.

2. Sanders is a joke. He's got talent, but he has alot to learn. Hopefully Hines can teach him how a Steelers WR is supposed to act.

3. Honestly, I'd rather have the Pats move down the field on roughing the passer penalties than dink and dunk passes. So I wouldn't mind hitting Brady late. Make it clear that every time Brady drops back to pass, he will get hit, whether he has the ball or not. Sure you'll give up a ton of penalty yards, but who cares if he's just going to get those yards dink and dunking anyway? So I'd seriously think about just decking Brady after the play a few times, to say "Ok Belichick, you willing to risk your $18 million per year QB with this strategy, or do you want to try something else?"

Dean Denton
11-16-2010, 04:40 AM
Yeah, I mean if your going to get your *** kicked like that, then get in some cheap shots. Why not take the fines, your going to get them anyways. Play dirty, make them fear you like the old school Steelers or Raiders. Make them cry and bleed. Do just enough to get the fine, but not get kicked out of the game. If you win some playoff games, you get that money back. After getting beat like this, Troy and everyone else that bitched about the fines look like frickin cry babies. Just shut up, do your job, and F***ing hit someone.