PDA

View Full Version : Observations from Steelers/Pats...

igor0190
11-15-2010, 01:55 AM
1. Our offense led by Bruce Arians is completely inept. Do we not have any quick slant patterns, screen passes, or 5 yard outs in the playbook? Ben is great at extending plays, but extending plays 15-20 times a game is ridiculous. The QB coach and offensive coordinator should be drilling it into Ben's head to make your reads and if nothing is there hit your checkdown guy. On that note, I rarely see a Steelers receiver within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. They are usually 10-20 yards down the field which forces Ben to try and buy time for them. It is a totally chaotic offense.

2. We knew on defense that the Pats would be doing their usual dink and dunk crap. We had no answer for it all night. Really makes me wonder why as I said in #1 our offense can't execute some of these dink and dunk plays/drives.

3. The Steelers are down 17-3, are on the 4 yard line, and it is clear that the Pats are going to score 30+ points. Get some balls and go for it on 4th down.

4. The onside kick with 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter was extremely premature. Bad coaching decision.

Steelers got owned. Plain and simple. The Pats do not have a lot of familiar names on that team, but they aren't familiar because they are young. Young and very talented. That's what you get when you stockpile high draft picks. I can't stand how they take advantage of other teams and get all these high round picks. They have 6 in the first 3 rounds next year.