PDA

View Full Version : any thoughts of why wait so long to start throwing on a second rate defense!

steelers40xl
11-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Did they not feel a sense that the game was becoming a blowout , in my opinion if they would have thrown in the 1st half like they did in the second againest the the 29th ranked defense i think it would have been a shootout we could have won

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 12:46 AM
The only reason they started having success in the second half was because the Pats starting playing prevent, much like the Steelers do when they're winning.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 12:51 AM
The only reason they started having success in the second half was because the Pats starting playing prevent, much like the Steelers do when they're winning.

:iagree: The stats that Ben and company put up in the 4th quarter were in garbage time when the Patriots defense went into cruise control. You see it all the time when a team is getting soundly beaten they'll get on a roll and score a couple quick TD's but in the end they almost always make a mistake or just flat run out of time to come back.

steelers40xl
11-15-2010, 12:54 AM
They should have aleast attempted a couple shots down field with Wallace in the first half.

madtowndrunkard
11-15-2010, 01:34 AM
:iagree: The stats that Ben and company put up in the 4th quarter were in garbage time when the Patriots defense went into cruise control. You see it all the time when a team is getting soundly beaten they'll get on a roll and score a couple quick TD's but in the end they almost always make a mistake or just flat run out of time to come back.

Actually we did come out passing and it failed miserably. What I want to know is why come out passing on a defense that can't stop the run?

1st series = run, pass, pass, punt

2nd series = run, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, punt ( 2 sacks and a penalty)

3rd series = run, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, punt (1 sack)

DIESELMAN
11-15-2010, 07:54 AM
:iagree: The stats that Ben and company put up in the 4th quarter were in garbage time when the Patriots defense went into cruise control.Garbage stats in garbage time by a garbage offense ran by a garbage OC!!! When will a real leader of this team step the **** up and call out BA? If I was a player on any team that runs such a predictable offense that has no game plan or has a **** poor game plan, makes no adjustments during the game, with the same outcome, I would be ****ing pissed the **** off. These guys are supposed to be professionals, all playing as a team to win a championship. If my coaching staff keeps letting me and my teammates down with little to no effort before, during and after the game, I would at least, bare minimum go up to BA and bust him in the mouth just for taking up valuable space on the sideline. Then I would go up to Tomlin and pop him in the mouth for being clueless, blind, doesn't give a **** and has no balls. If we as fans, who don't know the deep intricate ways of the game, can sit here and come up with a gameplan that would be more effective then the crap we have to watch every week, why can't the "professionals" getting paid big money do it? It's not ****ing rocket science!!!

steelersgal86
11-15-2010, 07:56 AM
Garbage stats in garbage time by a garbage offense ran by a garbage OC!!! When will a real leader of this team step the **** up and call out BA? If I was a player on any team that runs such a predictable offense that has no game plan or has a **** poor game plan, makes no adjustments during the game, with the same outcome, I would be ****ing pissed the **** off. These guys are supposed to be professionals, all playing as a team to win a championship. If my coaching staff keeps letting me and my teammates down with little to no effort before, during and after the game, I would at least, bare minimum go up to BA and bust him in the mouth just for taking up valuable space on the sideline. Then I would go up to Tomlin and pop him in the mouth for being clueless, blind, doesn't give a **** and has no balls. If we as fans, who don't know the deep intricate ways of the game, can sit here and come up with a gameplan that would be more effective then the crap we have to watch every week, why can't the "professionals" getting paid big money do it? It's not ****ing rocket science!!!

:clap: :iagree:

jpele
11-15-2010, 08:00 AM
We looked good in the fourth quarter because the Pats played prevent much like we did the entire game.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 08:24 AM
We also have one of the worst OCs on the planet, one that doesn't know how to game plan to fit a struggling oline etc etc etc....

Congrats to the Pats, they whooped us!

JensK
11-15-2010, 08:30 AM
What worried me was our complete lack of success running the ball. Patriots SUCK against the run, and it seems to be the way to beat them - keep Brady off the field. Patriots won that game at 10-0, because they made us come out and throw.

SteelDad
11-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Arians honestly had no idea of what he wanted to do last night and after the way we flung it around in the 4th quarter I have no doubt we are heading right back to where we were last year. Run/Pass ratio of 40-60. He was probably peeing his pants with excitement with our 'big 4th quarter numbers.'

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 08:43 AM
Stats are for losers (BA)!!!

DanRooney
11-15-2010, 09:19 AM
Actually we did come out passing and it failed miserably. What I want to know is why come out passing on a defense that can't stop the run?

1st series = run, pass, pass, punt

2nd series = run, run, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, punt ( 2 sacks and a penalty)

3rd series = run, pass, run, pass, pass, pass, punt (1 sack)

They were staking the box on the right side. Our running game wasn't working either and we were down. Arians, much like the Saints game, could not adjust to this. You can't commit to the run when you're down 3 scores.

super cleats
11-15-2010, 01:10 PM

exactly some people can't take a loss, it should always be a win, it's called stat padding, at least mike wallace padded his stats lol

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 03:09 PM
Arians honestly had no idea of what he wanted to do last night and after the way we flung it around in the 4th quarter I have no doubt we are heading right back to where we were last year. Run/Pass ratio of 40-60. He was probably peeing his pants with excitement with our 'big 4th quarter numbers.'

No idea what he wanted to do last night? He NEVER knows what he wants to do.