Arron Smith - no idea for his return yet
Max Starks - Gone for the year
Willie Colon - Gone for the year
Chris Kemoeatu possibly back next week
Bret Keisel - possibly back next week
Hines Ward - Left game tonight
Lawrence Timmons - Left game tonight
Ryan Clark - Left for a while

The injuries are starting to mount for this team every week now. We can't get thru a game these days without losing atleast 2-3 players for some period of time. Sooner or later it's going to catch up with us and perhaps tonight it was just too much to handle. You can't use them as an excuse but at this point it's definitely part of the reason.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 01:42 AM
Steelers need to start drinking more milk and eating their green vegetables. I don't know how they're getting so injured this year.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2010, 01:43 AM
Just listening to Wolf right now on the Steelers post game... " you can't keep hemorrhaging starters and expect to not have a drop off". The expectations don't change but the production does.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-15-2010, 01:46 AM
I say crap to that.....The Chargers and Philip Rivers have had many injuries to their offense and Rivers has been a beast all year......He basically has WR's off the practice squad and hasn't missed a beat.....yea they started off slow record wise but they always do......

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2010, 10:56 AM
I dont care how many injuries they have to key starters they should still be able to win games against both the Raiders and Bills the next 2 weeks. Get Hines and Timmons and even Keisel healthy for the Ravens game in 3 weeks. The Steelers lose one of these next 2 games then making the playoffs will be a huge problem I believe...

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 10:59 AM
We have young talent on the bench....Pats had 5 rookies on defense last night and comletely destroyed us...

Time to start plugging the young guys in Tomlin!!

coldrolled
11-15-2010, 11:32 AM
We have young talent on the bench....Pats had 5 rookies on defense last night and comletely destroyed us...

Time to start plugging the young guys in Tomlin!!

Its obviously the game plans and not the players... Rooney needs to start drop kicking
coaches and promoting a few young coaches..

This is getting real old... you wait all week and get all pumped up. then the game starts and by the second series on offense. you can already see the game plan of death unfolding. Belichick is probably just laughing his arse off under his poker face.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Its obviously the game plans and not the players... Rooney needs to start drop kicking
coaches and promoting a few young coaches..

This is getting real old... you wait all week and get all pumped up. then the game starts and by the second series on offense. you can already see the game plan of death unfolding. Belichick is probably just laughing his arse off under his poker face.

Completely agree man, I shut the game off last night, that's the first for me in a LONG time!

Mark my words, BA will have an extension for next season!!:banging:

SteelDad
11-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Completely agree man, I shut the game off last night, that's the first for me in a LONG time!

Mark my words, BA will have an extension for next season!!:banging:

I completely understand your frustration Latrobe, but I've got a feeling he is not coming back. If we implode, which is extremely possible right now, and finish out of the playoffs, someone is going to take the fall and it can't be just the o-line coach or ST coach. The offense has been atrocious all season with or without Ben.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 11:47 AM
I completely understand your frustration Latrobe, but I've got a feeling he is not coming back. If we implode, which is extremely possible right now, and finish out of the playoffs, someone is going to take the fall and it can't be just the o-line coach or ST coach. The offense has been atrocious all season with or without Ben.

I hope he's gone, but I just got this sick feeling man...

jackhammer1
11-15-2010, 12:53 PM
As much as I like LaBeau, he has never had an answer for the Pats. Plus our pass rush lately looks like a bunch of old ladies trying to get to the quarterback. Brady will be able to wear the same uniform next week, he sure didn't get it dirty or break a sweat torching our old ladies.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2010, 04:20 PM
As much as I like LaBeau, he has never had an answer for the Pats. Plus our pass rush lately looks like a bunch of old ladies trying to get to the quarterback. Brady will be able to wear the same uniform next week, he sure didn't get it dirty or break a sweat torching our old ladies.

Here's an answer. Stop playing 10 yards off of every god damn reciever and start getting physical. Ya know, they give you those 5 yards for a reason, and it's not so you can stand there and watch the reciever run by.

coldrolled
11-15-2010, 04:22 PM
:plus1::plus1::plus1:
Here's an answer. Stop playing 10 yards off of every god damn reciever and start getting physical. Ya know, they give you those 5 yards for a reason, and it's not so you can stand there and watch the reciever run by.

:plus1: And lets get some quicker ILB's on the field.. Then Blitz every play.

LatrobePA
11-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Great thinking gang, but it'll never happen, Tomlin will not make any changes...

MattyVfromCT
11-15-2010, 11:55 PM

well one of the main problems with the pass rush is the loss of smith and keisel being out as well. smith usually takes up multiple blockers and both him and keisel can collapse the pocket. eason and hood are getting owned up front all game and that allows qb's to step up in the pocket to avoid harrison and woodley. plus we aren't blitzing like we usually do. that game was painful. i sat there til the very end watching that debacle. should have left earlier but i guess i like pain or something cuz i stayed smh........ :banging:

igor0190
11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
Vanilla on defense... Vanilla on offense...
The Steelers are not going to win in this league playing that way. Coaches need to be more aggressive and make things happen out there.

Troyisabeast_43
11-16-2010, 12:31 AM
well one of the main problems with the pass rush is the loss of smith and keisel being out as well. smith usually takes up multiple blockers and both him and keisel can collapse the pocket. eason and hood are getting owned up front all game and that allows qb's to step up in the pocket to avoid harrison and woodley. plus we aren't blitzing like we usually do. that game was painful. i sat there til the very end watching that debacle. should have left earlier but i guess i like pain or something cuz i stayed smh........ :banging:

It was horrible to sit at home and watch every single play as well and watch Brady just make it look so damn flawless and effortless throwing the ball against our secondary. I dont imagine the Steelers team as a whole can play a much worse game all season long. All the Steelers can do now is look forward and try and right the ship next week against the Raiders. As Ive said in many other threads here today the Steelers can ill afford to lose this game Sunday to the Raiders or Tomlin Implosion Part 3 will be right on our front doorstep for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. It will be a very interesting week here the next 6 days leading up to this Raiders game here Sunday to see how this team responds and how all these injuries play out to go along with what direction the Steelers will go with their kicking and Jeff Reed.

MattyVfromCT
11-16-2010, 06:50 PM
It was horrible to sit at home and watch every single play as well and watch Brady just make it look so damn flawless and effortless throwing the ball against our secondary. I dont imagine the Steelers team as a whole can play a much worse game all season long. All the Steelers can do now is look forward and try and right the ship next week against the Raiders. As Ive said in many other threads here today the Steelers can ill afford to lose this game Sunday to the Raiders or Tomlin Implosion Part 3 will be right on our front doorstep for the 3rd time in 4 seasons. It will be a very interesting week here the next 6 days leading up to this Raiders game here Sunday to see how this team responds and how all these injuries play out to go along with what direction the Steelers will go with their kicking and Jeff Reed.

horrible sitting at home watching it? try sitting there after paying your hard earned money to watch that debacle in person. and seeing their receivers constantly open underneath and getting big yards after the catch over and over and over and no adjustments being made at all. also watching our offense and special teams play garbage, uninspired football as well. and being an idiot like me and staying til the very end. and to come back home to connecticut and listen to pat fans and their bs over and over. i'm so disgusted by that **** poor excuse of a football game i saw sunday night :banging:

Root4Stlrs
11-17-2010, 02:17 AM
horrible sitting at home watching it? try sitting there after paying your hard earned money to watch that debacle in person. and seeing their receivers constantly open underneath and getting big yards after the catch over and over and over and no adjustments being made at all. also watching our offense and special teams play garbage, uninspired football as well. and being an idiot like me and staying til the very end. and to come back home to connecticut and listen to pat fans and their bs over and over. i'm so disgusted by that **** poor excuse of a football game i saw sunday night :banging:

I feel your pain. I am so glad I didn't see this game in person.

Dean Denton
11-17-2010, 04:54 AM
The injury that is hurting this team the most is the one they are all suffering from. Loss of heart....Not sure if Ben will be able to lead them anymore because of what he has done. Doubt you will see him get fired up on the sidelines like Brady because I dont think this team respects him anymore. He let them down, and I think they are maybe letting him know it. Ben isn't being a leader. Maybe its because they stripped him of being a captain. I just think there is more to this story then we all know....